Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia 7510 Debranding help

Feedback Score

...one more thing.

Just to add a bit more twist, I accomplished all of the above steps running Windows Vista and Parallels Desktop 5 on a Macbook.

So, yes, you can debrand through emulation software.

And, my long winded post had a critical inconsistency in it regarding the product code and the firmware to download from Navifirm.

Long and the short of it, there are two North American unbranded product codes that you can use with this phone:

And, there are two firmware versions that you can use. There is no difference between the firmware versions (both are RM-399 for version 03.60 of the firmware) beyond the original plastic case trim of the phone that they were extracted from. Just make sure that the firmware version that you use matches the product code that you use:

0568568: RM-399 7510A-B AMER-N NA REGIONAL, Latin, BLUE
    0568569: RM-399 7510A-B AMER-N NA REGIONAL, Latin, BROWN
    Last edited by weathertop; 11-15-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7510
    Feedback Score
    Weathertop, thank you for the clear and informative instructions for the 7510.

I would like to debrand my 7510 to be able to use java apps, but I need to make sure that UMA will still work. Would you be able to confirm if UMA/WIFI works with Tmobile, after following your instructions?

Feedback Score
    Howdy-howdy, omq.

Congratulations on acquiring one of the 6 remaining phones of this model that are still for sale.

My wife has been using her debranded phone with AT&T. So, I can't comment on whether it works still with Tmobile or not for anything. In general, it should given that it is unlocked, but I'm thinking that my experience on the following items that you've asked about with my wife's AT&T SIM would apply.

WIFI seems to work (the phone links to our wireless router), but I can't use this feature for VOIP calls and the web browser seems to get confused on the network connection in use. So, I'd have to say that WIFI works but could be essentially useless after the debranding. If this important to you, then I wouldn't debrand the phone.

UMA still works.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7510
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply - the wifi is the only way I can make calls at home, so I'm not going to risk it.

Did debranding the phone and installing the new firmware allow for the usage of Nokia Maps? The manual suggests that Nokia Maps is available for this phone, but I don't see it on my T-mobile branded phone.

Feedback Score
    I couldn't find Maps on my wife's debranded phone. Although, the Ovi Store is there and I'm sure that Maps could be downloaded to the device.

It doesn't appear, though, that debranding results in a free license to Maps.

Device(s)
    Nokia C7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quick question weathertop. Being that I've upgraded my phone recently and have v3.90, will I still be able to debrand my phone with the product codes given or am I SOL?
    Freakin Sweet!!!

Feedback Score
    Uh oh. I think that you are SOL.

I don't believe that you can flash and downgrade at the same time. Others have tried and have bricked their phones (although, there's some mention on the web of others with Nokia handsets who have had success).

In effect, I originally tried to flash and downgrade to the European version (RM-398) but the Phoenix software wouldn't let me proceed. I was only able to apply RM-399 for the US.

Phoenix has a lot of scarier options, though, so I suppose you could try....you just might also want to have a few dollars stashed for a new phone, though.

Feedback Score

Skipping NSS... ???

Hi,

Thanks for the great work.
    I have a 7510a-b RM-399 with rogers in Canada and I really want to get all the rogers crap off of it.

I'm trying to skip the NSS step by just using phoenix. When I follow the phoenix instructions after downloading the firmware you specified in your excellent post, I try to flash with phoenix, it starts working but then fails with a message saying that I cannot upgrade to a lower software version. I even tried turning on the flashing option in phoenix that allows SW downgrades, but I got the same message.

Also, I was not able to change the Product code with phoenix becuase it wants me to enter a 7 digit order number that I don't have and when I guess 1234567 it says there is no active connection. Is there another program I could try?

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks a bunch guys and gals.

Feedback Score
    I'm an idiot... I have version 3.90 and according to NaviFirm there are only 2 Tmobile and one rogers firmwares, leaving me the choice of downgrading and possibly bricking my phone or waiting for a debranded 3.90 firmware if that ever happens.

Cheers

Device(s)
    SE C902
    Feedback Score
    yes thanks for that

Feedback Score
    I know this is an old thread, but, picked up another 7510 that was locked to Tmobile USA. I'm in Canada. Needed it unlocked so took Weathertop's advice and went to Fastunlocker.com. Sent the money and waited, and waited. They did state they were having to wait and I could get a refund if I wanted. Waited some more. Now the Fastunlocker folks have stopped responding to emails or messages sent via their website. Last communication was October 2013. Can't get a refund and still don't have the unlock code.
    Bottom line is, these folks just scammed me out of some cash. Reported them to PayPal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2