Page 95 of 126 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1890

Thread: Stupid Customer Action of the Day...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by servo086 View Post
    I sold a customer a phone in April. She came in last week. She had purchased a Tour. She was angry I didn't offer her the Bold. She then accused us of being an illigitimate company (we're a premium retailer) and how we should have signs saying we aren't a "real" Verizon.
    I didn't waste any breath on her. She also said I made her get that phone, that we don't offer any other models (I literally laughed in her face when she said that, and said she could have purchsed ANY phone she wants). She took pictures of our door with the companie(s) decal, and said she was going to send it to Verizon. I explained they dictated the size ratio requirements. I told her I'm not here to be verbally abused, if she has any questions or complaints to email my manager, and that I was done helping her.
    To quote Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does...."

We can only hope your customer hasn't had children to prevnt the "stupid" genes from being passed on.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by servo086 View Post
    I sold a customer a phone in April. She came in last week. She had purchased a Tour. She was angry I didn't offer her the Bold. She then accused us of being an illigitimate company (we're a premium retailer) and how we should have signs saying we aren't a "real" Verizon.
    I didn't waste any breath on her. She also said I made her get that phone, that we don't offer any other models (I literally laughed in her face when she said that, and said she could have purchsed ANY phone she wants). She took pictures of our door with the companie(s) decal, and said she was going to send it to Verizon. I explained they dictated the size ratio requirements. I told her I'm not here to be verbally abused, if she has any questions or complaints to email my manager, and that I was done helping her.
    Might as well have just told her to also photograph Wal-mart, Best Buy, Target, and any other website or distributor that publishes the Verizon logo on their advertisements.

I always find it funny when a customer blames the salesperson for the choice that they make. As if we took their credit card from their possession and forced their hand against the sig pad to sign a 2-yr agreement for the phone that we forced them to take. It's one of the initial defenses of the stupid customer - to blame anything and everything but themselves. It's also a very agitating thing when they always come out with "oh, you didn't tell me there was a new one coming out."

There's ALWAYS new phones coming out or are in development. I always tell people that if you spend all of your time holding out for 'the next best thing,' you'll be waiting forever. Case in point - The Droid came out in November of last year. The Droid 2 came out last week. Average life-span of a phone? 8-10 months. Welcome to the world of technology.

Device(s)
    EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure stupid but more confused as someone DIDN'T explain properly. This is why an agent either direct or indirect that can offer personal service is better that the CSR on the phone. This started yesterday.
    She had to pay her cell phone bill cuz it was turned off. She came in about 530 yesterday and asked what time we close, 6pm. She showed up at 559, she looked at least 10 yrs older than*me and I am as old as dirt. We couldn't process her bill so she had to call VZW to get them to take a payment. She left at about 630. About 1 today she came in and wanted to know her phone number, so I asker her for her phone. "Oh, its at home. I will go get it" Showed up about 430 (she lives about 7 miles away) will her paperwork and her phone. She wanted the 49.99 unlimited plan, no such plan on Verizon, then she wanted to exercise her 3 day right to refuse and cancel the contract. No such thing on a pre pay phone. I finally found out what plan she was on and got her switched to a more economical one. She had the .25 per minute Basic plan. I put her on a Core plan. After all this she decides that she didn't want the .99 per day and wanted the 1.99 per day plan. I had to explain to her than you can only switch plans once in a day or if confuses the computer. Her son has the 49.99 unlimited plan with Walmart and he doesn't like VZW. I came home and had a beer! Thank God, I am not going to be there tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    customer came in to my corp kiosk location to exchange a phone. she said she was sent from a larger corp store up the street over to me because they didnt have the env3 in stock, but i did. so i pull up her account and it looks like she bought the phone on aug 11th, and it was sept 9th so she was within 30 days. i try to find her order but i cant find it. i then asked her where she bought the phone, costco... as im sure you guys know you cant exchange a phone purchased from a authorized dealer and exchange it at a corp location so i knew this one was going to be interesting. i explain to her that costco is costco who sells verizon, as opposed to being verizon. so she would have to go to costco if she wanted to exchange it. she gets all upset and says that she went back to costco but they are out of stock and sent her to corp to exchange it. then shes starts the whole verizon is verizon rant and that i have to exchange it. i denied her, then she starts talking about warranty replacements. so i wanted to be nice so i told her i would call tech support for her to sent her our a replacement. while i am calling them up she is calling cust service to verify the whole cant exchange costco purchase at corp vzw. while i was on hold i ask her what is wrong with the phone, she says "THERE IS A BIG SCRATCH ON IT AND IT HITS MY FINGER WHEN I OPEN THE PHONE". i was taken back. i hung up the phone with tech support just about as she got ahold of a cust service rep. i commented her account quickly and cust service repeated what i told her and explained that she has to go back to costco. after she gets off the phone with cust service she asked me what tech support said... so i told her i didnt speak with them because they wont do a replacement over a scratch. we then go back and forth a little bit and she is like "well next time you buy a brand new car and then after you get home i hope you notice there is a big scratch in it and i hope they dont do anything for you either!" lol. i was like "uhhh if i bought a brand new car it wouldnt take me 3 and a half weeks to notice a big scratch in it". she stormed out. the scratch in the phone was real big, about half an inch and deep and right on the front of it. freakin people...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We have an infamous customer in our store. He came in back in April with an old Treo and needed a phone that would sync with his outlook. We tried a bunch of phones, always coming back saying that things weren't working as he expected. Ended up with a Droid. When he answers his phone, even his wife, he says "Coates here", which is his last name. He says this when answer HIS WIFES CALL'S! You know the gopher on Winnie the Pooh that has a lisp that whistles when he says an S sound? Put that voice on an aging, slightly more prominent man, and you have Mr. Coates. He runs for State Representative every year in the small town, he owns a plastic factory in which every employee needs to read his self published biography (never published at all by the way) before they are hired. And, the most infamous of it all. He is a "hands in the pants" man. It is as though he is putting his hands in his pockets, except he isn't.... He leans back in his chair and squeezes them in there...as if we don't notice...and I don't think its a "dirty old man thing", I think it is literally as though he just doesn't want to use pockets. Try talking to a customer with a straight face about a smartphone solution when he has his hands down his pants, it is almost impossible to concentrate.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Me: "Where did you get the phone?"

Customer: "Verizon"

No, really?

Good Lord.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzkelli View Post

No, really?

Good Lord.
    Me "verizon eh? which phone is it?"

Cusotmer "It's the LG"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzkelli View Post

No, really?

Good Lord.
    I don't really see anything wrong here. They very well could have purchased the phone at a Verizon store, as opposed to Best Buy, Walmart, etc..

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, its just that I hear this 4 or 5 times a day. Just gets a little funny after the 3rd one...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Customer walks in, notably dressed as though he was a character right out of Metal Gear Solid, with a raccoon tail hanging from the back of his head (take into account we're in metro NYC, not hickville.) So, he proceeds to look around the store at phones and as he moved closer towards me and the UME24 machine, he stops dead in his tracks with a look as though he's just spotted a ghost. A few seconds of awkward confusion go by, more so on my part, and he asks if we charge a $20 phone book transfer fee. I confirmed that if he didn't purchase his phone from our store, we would charge the fee. To which he responded with questioning me on how I can possibly live with myself....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just tell him if he wants, he can spend $995 on his very own UME machine and cable kit and never pay a $20 transfer fee ever again for the rest of his life.

I love people like this....they ***** and moan that "hey, you're charging $20 for a service that takes 3 minutes to complete?!?! BS!!!! blah blah blah..." to which I reply, "yes, I am, but I just saved you 8 hours of work doing it all by yourself. Time is money. So seeing as how I just saved you a whole bunch of time, I really just saved you a whole bunch of money too."
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Customer comes in, upgrades to a 5600 from the 5400. She wants to have her contacts transferred...no problem...I will even do pictures and ringtones if I can get them for 10 dollars. She is fine by that. So, I go to do the transfer after completing the upgrade and her phone freezes...it says "Downloading 5400...do not unplug" I have never seen this before, pull the battery again and again, and does the same thing. Turns on and then after the startup Verizon Wireless screen, goes to this downloading screen and stays there. Cellebrite will not transfer contacts with it like this. By this time, the customer had errands to run so I told her that she could do that and I would get everything ready and all she would have to do is pay when she got back. Well, as I am battling with the phone, she walks back in. I have tried a million things and nothing is working, so I apologize, saying I can't get her contacts and proceeded to get her rung out. She is furious! And then tells me that I broke her phone. "I don't know what you did to it, but it wasn't doing that before" I had just turned it on...She then asks me to cancel the upgrade and she will go somewhere else. I explain to her, that any store is more than likely going to have the same problem and she won't be able to get her contacts. "Reverse it anyway, I will go down to the corporate store and they will fix it"...ok, fine whatever. She wasn't buying anything extra, we were going to make like 70 bucks on the sale anyway. 20 minutes later I get a phone call from a rep at the corporate store asking me what I did to her account, that I needed to reverse the contract extension. I told him I did, that she was standing here when I did it, and he precedes to tell me that there isn't an upgrade showing. I tell him that we were using an annual upgrade and I was sure that if he just called in they could put that back on the account. He still thought that I hadn't reset the contract. I then explained to him that if I hadn't, the upgrade showing would have been 20 months from todays date, and since I still had her account up, I looked and saw that yes, there wasn't an annual showing anymore, but the upgrade date was still Jan 21st. He wanted me to call into Coos and tell them to put the annual upgrade back. I wanted to say, "Dude, she is your customer now, do your effing job" but I didn't...just said that I was sure that he could call and that I wouldn't have been able to do anything since she wasn't in my store anymore. Ugh...and to have the REP call me from the store to ask me to do what he could do, not ok.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Customer: "This may seem kind of dumb"

Me: "Nope, no dumb questions!"

Customer "I just can't seem to figure out where to load the film for the camera. Also, do you sell any film here?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iowacingular View Post
    I learned that this wasn't true a long time ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iowacingular View Post
    Customer: "This may seem kind of dumb"

Customer "I just can't seem to figure out where to load the film for the camera. Also, do you sell any film here?"
    I knew people were stupid... but SERIOUSLY? How these people get their taxes done is beyond me.

Page 95 of 126 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast