Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Customer Action of the Day...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Stupid Customer Action of the Day...

This thread has had success over at the ATT forum, so I figured It'd be fun to start one here, seeing as how I just had an amusing story to tell from today...

Lady comes in with a Samsung u340 that I sold her 3 months prior. She's complaining that whenever she plugs the phone into her charger, it turns the phone off immediately and it won't turn back on. I verify the problem, so I go to pull up her account to see if it's under warranty. I ask her for her phone number. She gives it to me. No account info in eROES. I ask, "is this a prepaid phone?" She replies, "oh, whatever super-expensive plan it was when you sold it to me. I went and got MetroPCS because it was a much better deal. And I saw this same phone at Walmart for $20 cheaper than you sold it to me for, and that hurt my feelings."

Me: "Is this the same phone that you are now using on MetroPCS?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Well ma'am, if the phone has been flashed over to work on MetroPCS, Verizon will no longer honor the warranty."

Her: "YOU sold me this phone! Are you seriously not going to replace it?"

Me: (I love analogies)"Well, ma'am, if the phone were still on Verizon's network, I could easily exchange it for you. But given that this problem is arising only 2 weeks after having it flashed over to MetroPCS, it looks very much like it was their software flash that made the phone defective. If you buy a brand-new Toyota, and some how swap the motor out and retro-fit a Ford motor into the Toyota, the Toyota dealer is not going to honor the warranty."

Her: "YOU GUYS SUCK!" ...and she storms out of my store.

Me: "Have a great day!" (smiling ear to ear)

Any good stories from you guys out there on the retail battlefields?
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Device(s)
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    LOL!!!!!

my favorite canard is people who think they should be able to upgrade *anytime* at promotional pricing.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Great idea for a thread JP. One thing that I always hated was explaining how insurance worked and having to explain why they had to pay a deductible.

Like you said, I always explained with analogies. When you wreck your car, you have to pay your insurance a deductible. People would always say, "That's not the same thing." got me every time.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer7
    Great idea for a thread JP. One thing that I always hated was explaining how insurance worked and having to explain why they had to pay a deductible.

Like you said, I always explained with analogies. When you wreck your car, you have to pay your insurance a deductible. People would always say, "That's not the same thing." got me every time.
    lol thanks, but I can't take credit; I stole it from the ATT employee forum. When I worked at an ATT COR store, that thread was a good place to go read funny stories, blow off steam, and laugh a little

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTelephoneMan
    LOL!!!!!

my favorite canard is people who think they should be able to upgrade *anytime* at promotional pricing.
    And after you inform them that there is no "Upgrade-Whenever-You-Feel-Like Program", they immediately follow up this request with EVERY cellphone rep's favorite:

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WITH <FILL IN CARRIER HERE>!?!?!?!

this one almost makes me wanna laugh so hard I cough up my lungs

"buddy you could cancel tomorrow and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep tonight"

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    a guy called in today telling me he bought a "photo-phone" from us recently...nothing special but made me chuckle. I'll post some of my better stories later when I have some free time.
    vzdub

Location? I don't need no stinking location!
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve (8530)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The best are when I get customers who feel we owe them the world because they have home phone, high speed internet, Fios TV with a gazillion extras and a cell phone, and they pay Verizon enough money every month to buy a small house. Then they go on demanding the world because of it.

Meanwhile, their wireless plan is $40/mo with a 20% corp discount on it. Seriously, I can't count the amount of times I've just wanted to say "And, so....?"
    Verizon iPhone pics!!! http://bit.ly/7JJSz8

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan
    This thread has had success over at the ATT forum, so I figured It'd be fun to start one here, seeing as how I just had an amusing story to tell from today...

Lady comes in with a Samsung u340 that I sold her 3 months prior. She's complaining that whenever she plugs the phone into her charger, it turns the phone off immediately and it won't turn back on. I verify the problem, so I go to pull up her account to see if it's under warranty. I ask her for her phone number. She gives it to me. No account info in eROES. I ask, "is this a prepaid phone?" She replies, "oh, whatever super-expensive plan it was when you sold it to me. I went and got MetroPCS because it was a much better deal. And I saw this same phone at Walmart for $20 cheaper than you sold it to me for, and that hurt my feelings."

Me: "Is this the same phone that you are now using on MetroPCS?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Well ma'am, if the phone has been flashed over to work on MetroPCS, Verizon will no longer honor the warranty."

Her: "YOU sold me this phone! Are you seriously not going to replace it?"

Me: (I love analogies)"Well, ma'am, if the phone were still on Verizon's network, I could easily exchange it for you. But given that this problem is arising only 2 weeks after having it flashed over to MetroPCS, it looks very much like it was their software flash that made the phone defective. If you buy a brand-new Toyota, and some how swap the motor out and retro-fit a Ford motor into the Toyota, the Toyota dealer is not going to honor the warranty."

Her: "YOU GUYS SUCK!" ...and she storms out of my store.

Me: "Have a great day!" (smiling ear to ear)

Any good stories from you guys out there on the retail battlefields?

lol....classic
    D

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan
    "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WITH <FILL IN CARRIER HERE>!?!?!?!

Sadly enough you see this way too often on these forums as well...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCharles08
    a guy called in today telling me he bought a "photo-phone" from us recently...nothing special but made me chuckle. I'll post some of my better stories later when I have some free time.
    i think verizon does sell those digital frames in the stores... its kodak brand. we sell them in our store.

heres my story:
    a lady was walking out of our store while she was texting. except she didnt walk through the doorway, she walked INTO the glass windows we have up front. it was the FUNNIEST thing ever. she left and you can see the imprint of her face in the glass. i hope she uses a bluetooth when she drives.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellooemily
    i think verizon does sell those digital frames in the stores... its kodak brand. we sell them in our store.

heres my story:
    a lady was walking out of our store while she was texting. except she didnt walk through the doorway, she walked INTO the glass windows we have up front. it was the FUNNIEST thing ever. she left and you can see the imprint of her face in the glass. i hope she uses a bluetooth when she drives.
    I...um....hope she DOESN'T drive. She's a danger to all of humanity.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    New one!

Customer: "Hey, do you have, um...any RAZR cases?"

Me: "Well, I don't have many, but I'll check in the back room to see if I have..."

Him: "Alright, cool....I just wanted to come in and see what they looked like, I know I can get them cheaper online..."

Me: "Actually.....I'm all out."

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    @ JP

Lol, what an idiot.

About people running into the windows, this was an all too frequent occurence at my former store. I would run to the back just to laugh out loud!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    Had a lady come in the other day wanting to return her Storm. Receipt shows she bought it at an authorized agent about and hour drive away (I am corp btw). I explain we cant return any merchandise bought at a auth. agent store, she seems confused and says the line everyone here has heard a million times "Well it says Verizon on it" *smacks head in wall*

I explain the difference in the two types of store, she kinda gets it but then tells me her husband called the auth. agent and they said they don't take returns. She is within the first 30 days so I expressed bewilderment that they wouldn't take an exchange.

I call the agent myself in the store off their phone # on the receipt, a woman answers and I casually ask what their return policy is and she says 30 days with all original packaging and no damage on phone. So I get the girls name, tell the customer they confirmed they can indeed do a return and the cust seems ok at this point and leaves.

Only to come right back 15 minutes later. She says she called the store herself, spoke to the same girl I spoke to at the auth agent store, and this time when the cust mentioned it was a Storm the girl at the auth agent store said "Ohh no we don't return PDA phones". I said the cust "they seriously told you that?" and she said yes.

So I call the agent myself and ask about returning a Storm (in my first call I did not specify a Storm or PDA) and sure enough she says they most certainly do NOT return or exchange PDAs. I ask the girl "Does your manager know you're telling customers that?" and she says "Yeah he is the one who makes that policy" then I says "Is your manager available?" she says "No he is off today" then I say "Well you call your manager and tell him he is inches away from VZW taking his agent store away if he keeps those shenanigans up. I am going to personally call *Bob* (real name not used) who is the Verizon Wireless Indirect manager who oversees you guys and let him know what kind of crap you are pulling right away, have a nice day now" and hung up.

I apologize to the customer, who has up to this point been cool and understanding albiet confused.

Well now she insists we make an exception for her and do her exchange since the store she bought it from is shady as hell. I still explain that is not an exception we have the ability to make, but I tried to re-assure her that we will make sure that auth agent she bought the phone from honors her 30 day exchange. She explains how she shouldn't have to drive an hour over there and that VZW is at fault for allowing these agents to act that way, blah blah blah...

After my manager states there is NOTHING we can do to exchange her phone and that we promise we will get the agent to exchange it for her, she leaves but still pissed at us.

*DISCLAIMER* this is not intended to be some anti-indirect rant or anything. Although the agent above is clearly acting shady, I know better than to label all auth agents as such, I know there are many many agents out there who run great business and take care of VZW customers as good as or better than most corp stores.

Page 1 of 126 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast