Page 808 of 844 FirstFirst ... 308 708 758 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slingster View Post
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 cost $524 (your amazon link), that's expensive but if it is a phone as well as a tablet and works on tzone then it's worth it. You mentioned that it has the phone option so does that mean that it's also a phone, or the phone only works through an app, which I do not prefer. I just want to be sure before I spend that much $. Thanks for the recommendation!
    I know what you are asking. It is a giant phone... The phone is native to tablet not thru any App... I guess only samsung puts this feature on their tablets.. I have hooked it to my Panasonic link2phone system and use truly as a home phone land line... You can receive and make normal calls from your Panasonic as long as your tablet is lying around within BT range and charged..( ofcourse you can use the tablet as standalone phone. It has a microphone and voice is thru speaker). In the car you hook upto BT and you have a true navigation device and make/receive proper phone calls.. Put a big MicroSD card and load the whole world OFFLINE maps ( Nokia here on play store which is free and the best offline map out there) on to your tablet. It lacks Band 12 and wifi calling though. My speeds are around 20MB/sec.

Get a OEM keyboard cover from ebay for like $40 and you have a truly all in one for occasional work related use. The KB has trackpad and pointer enabled.... The KB is attached to case thru magnets and I also use this as a KB for my Galaxy View Giant tablet when at home. I plug back to tab S2 when I need it or when travelling. . Also has on-off button and can be used as a general KB for most devices...

Oh did I mention it has multi-user profile enabled for android so you can have your kids a separate username/profile and restricted apps...

Just check if any compatibility with tzones data. I surely doubt tmobile has this in their IMIE to block tzones. My PAU works perfectly..
    If you are not in hurry, keep checking on amazon. There are diff colors and prices change frequently.. I got my 9.7 Like NEW which is brand new for $180... Well that was a price mistake I guess but you should be able to get 9.7 for ~400 and 8.0 for ~300

Or keep an eye on swappa.com. Make sure you note the international model T815 is what you buy not the US models... . You can make this a great all-in-one solution.. The reason I'm giving all this info is because not many people know some of these details. My friends accuse me of making them spend more $$$... Typed a lot, Now I'm going back to my search for a true windows 2-in-1.. LOL
    Last edited by note2012; 10-01-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! Very helpful! I'll be using a headset so the big size does not matter.

Feedback Score
    Anyone get a chance to try tzones on Verizon Galaxy Note 7?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    I can confirm this. As a matter of fact I think I might've had a hand in it being opened back up. I called in a week or so ago and requested to add a 5th line to my grandfathered Preferred Family Time plan. They said they'd give it a shot. He placed me on hold for a long time then came back and said they had to remove something system-wide that was keeping it from being added. ( I assume they never added the restriction back onto the system since others are now adding lines). I was in shock because I had tried numerous time to add a line including the Twitter help with no results. I also asked him to add the Preferred Android Web with BTV on it and he said he might need a Supervisor to add it but guaranteed that it would be on there before the end of the day and it was. You will need a new SIM card that hasn't expired and probably the imei of your phone.
    So I just need to call T-Mobile, say cancel, and ask to add a $5 line and the $5 PAU plan? I'm assuming you have to have the PAU data plan on at least one of your other lines? Anyone else add a line/PAU recently? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    So I just need to call T-Mobile, say cancel, and ask to add a $5 line and the $5 PAU plan? I'm assuming you have to have the PAU data plan on at least one of your other lines? Anyone else add a line/PAU recently? Thanks.
    I spoke with regular customer service. (Loyalty has been less than helpful from my experience with new hires who don't know anything about the company.)
    They did verify that I had PAU on my other lines before adding it to the new line. I would suggest you try to get an onshore rep.who's first language is English. Offshore reps seem to have little to no power to do much of anything.
    What's strange is that the price of this line cost less than the taxes. All my other lines are $4.99 for add a line and $5 for PAU.
    Government Discount
    ($0.47)
    Government Discount
    ($0.48)
    Add a Line - Reduced
    $3.16
    Pref Android Web - Reduced
    $3.17
    T-Mobile fees and charges & Government taxes and fees$3.61
    T-Mobile fees and charges
    Federal Universal Service Fund
    $0.26
    Regulatory Programs & Telco Recovery Fee $2.71
    Government taxes and fees
    State & Local Sales Tax
    $0.44
    State 911
    $0.20
    Total$8.99

I suggest that anyone who's contemplating adding a line to do it now before they kill the option if they haven't already.

Feedback Score

Who to talk to get add-a-line fixed?

Thanks guys for these helpful reports. I have five lines, 2 T-Zones and 3 PAU, and about a year ago had a phone number changed (ported-in) on a T-Zones line. When they did it, they accidentally put in the $10 Add a Line (AAL) price, instead of the $5 reduced AAL price.

I didn't notice until recently, and tried calling loyalty twice to fix it. They tried but claimed the system wouldn't let them. But it sounds like it should still be possible, from your experiences.

Is there a better way to try to talk to someone who can fix this?

Also, two or three times, people in loyalty have suggested I can add more lines to go above 5 lines total, and have started the process. But each time I tried, eventually it would be blocked. Is it possible to go above 5? Does it matter if it's a "Business add a line?"

Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    I spoke with regular customer service. (Loyalty has been less than helpful from my experience with new hires who don't know anything about the company.)
    They did verify that I had PAU on my other lines before adding it to the new line. I would suggest you try to get an onshore rep.who's first language is English. Offshore reps seem to have little to no power to do much of anything.
    What's strange is that the price of this line cost less than the taxes. All my other lines are $4.99 for add a line and $5 for PAU.
    Government Discount
    ($0.47)
    Government Discount
    ($0.48)
    Add a Line - Reduced
    $3.16
    Pref Android Web - Reduced
    $3.17
    T-Mobile fees and charges & Government taxes and fees$3.61
    T-Mobile fees and charges
    Federal Universal Service Fund
    $0.26
    Regulatory Programs & Telco Recovery Fee $2.71
    Government taxes and fees
    State & Local Sales Tax
    $0.44
    State 911
    $0.20
    Total$8.99

I suggest that anyone who's contemplating adding a line to do it now before they kill the option if they haven't already.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi (2nd SIM slot)
    Feedback Score
    well, with Google's Pixel announcement today and the only U.S. carrier having it stores being Verizon, I think it's safe to say it should work with T-Zones. Of course, with the price starting at $650, I'm not planning on buying one anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    well, with Google's Pixel announcement today and the only U.S. carrier having it stores being Verizon, I think it's safe to say it should work with T-Zones.
    You really can't assume that. Google sold phones have a history of being blocked on T-Zones include Nexus and Google Play Editions. I wouldn't trust it.

Device(s)
    Xperia x10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    well, with Google's Pixel announcement today and the only U.S. carrier having it stores being Verizon, I think it's safe to say it should work with T-Zones. Of course, with the price starting at $650, I'm not planning on buying one anyway.
    I second jet's sentiment. The last Nexus to work on tzones was the N4 and it was only for phones built prior to a certain date. Even then, I think they eventually got blocked.

I'm receiving my Xperia XZ on Monday or Tuesday and I'm hoping that since it's a UK version, it won't get blocked from tzones in the future, unlike the US version of the Xperia Z3. Now THAT really pissed me off.

Device(s)
    T68i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmegary View Post
    Hi, mine shows that too and about a week ago, my tethering stopped working. I have a OnePlus two and tethering was fine but now I'm blocked. My cousin has a OnePlus one phone and she got blocked after 100mb of tethering. So strange. Anyone know if it's a global block?
    I have oneplus one and got blocked after few minutes (guess after 100 MB as you mentioned). I don't use it often but it looks like a recent change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milli View Post
    I have oneplus one and got blocked after few minutes (guess after 100 MB as you mentioned). I don't use it often but it looks like a recent change.
    WOndering why ppl still have tzones and mess around with different phones. Whay not just get PAU and be doen with it??
    Is that because tzones allows tethering but not pAU??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by note2012 View Post
    WOndering why ppl still have tzones and mess around with different phones. Whay not just get PAU and be doen with it??
    PAU has never been available for individual plans.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by note2012 View Post
    Is that because tzones allows tethering but not pAU??
    Hello, is PAU really unlimited or is it throttled after 5GB?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    any suggestions on how to get international data for free for people with PAU.

i think someone suggested adding a tablet line but how would that line work with a phone? would i be able to insert the sim into a phone for intl data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfgnome View Post
    any suggestions on how to get international data for free for people with PAU.

i think someone suggested adding a tablet line but how would that line work with a phone? would i be able to insert the sim into a phone for intl data.
    Well, kinda complicated. This is what Im going to do in few days after the note 7 fiasco.

Get a Dual SIM intl unlocked phone.
    Use one of my MI SIMs in one slot and regular legacy PAU data in slot 2.
    Switch to MI SIM for data whenevr I need hotspot or I travel Intl....
    Switching between SIMS for data is a quick one in setting...

Most intl dual SIM phones work. Like SOny Z5, Galaxy S7, J7 etc. Make sure the intl phone has proper LTE bands.

Tablet SIMS work on non tomobile, non US phones. Its ahit or amiss on t-mobile branded phones.
    The last time I put my tablet SIM in note 7, it was workin fine... But not guranteed until tomobile catches up

Page 808 of 844 FirstFirst ... 308 708 758 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... LastLast