Page 745 of 844 FirstFirst ... 245 645 695 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 795 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    $5 preferred internet is a gf plan similar to tzones with the same phone restrictions but 5gb cap. There is definitely a change to amazon fire phone apn settings. Now it has an auto network setting taking me to fast.T-Mobile.com, which is what I previously used. There are some other preset tmo apns, including epc.T-Mobile.com; however, using those disabled the phone data. I think I need to enter a custom apn, but I'm not sure what to put in the password/ login etc. Is there anyone with with working amazon fire hotspot on os 4.6.1 who can give me the settings. Please pm me or post.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looking to find my next phone given my LG F6 is blocked. I am collecting my options. Please correct if I am wrong.

Amazon Fire Phone - Pros: T-Zones compatible and it has AWS and LTE. Cons: Poor battery life. Bad reviews. Questionable Play Store support.

LG G2 - Pros: former flagship phone, supports LTE out of the box. Cons: No AWS band (potential after reflash?). More expensive ($150 to $175 + tax)

Random unlocked AT&T Phone - it seems most of them can be used with T-Mobile LTE band (4). AWS band is almost always missing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DuggaD View Post
    There are some other preset tmo apns, including epc.T-Mobile.com; however, using those disabled the phone data. I think I need to enter a custom apn, but I'm not sure what to put in the password/ login etc.
    You should be able to leave the username and password blank.

You may check the XDA forum to see if someone has some more specific settings or knows more about this update:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssibaroma View Post
    T-zones compatible brand new ATT LG G2 black or white with 1 year LG warranty is on sale for 174.99 at bestbuy. Possible free 2nd year warranty if you use qualifying Amex card to purchase it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-g2-4g...v=product+view

For unlocking AT&T phones, see here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?

Edit: based on previous best buy sales, if these are gone then they are gone. There will be no back orders as these are clearance.
    $175 is lowest you will see for brand new with legitimate 1 year warranty. As best buy purchase comes with 14 day return policy, you can actually try it on your T-zones for a test drive and return it if you wish.
    does the verizon LG G2 version work with T-mobile? From what I can tell, it will work with LTE speeds if you are in an area with the band 1900 which includes most cities right?

The main benefit with the verizon is that it is already unlocked from Best Buy and it has wireless charging.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    does the verizon LG G2 version work with T-mobile? From what I can tell, it will work with LTE speeds if you are in an area with the band 1900 which includes most cities right?

The main benefit with the verizon is that it is already unlocked from Best Buy and it has wireless charging.

Thanks.
    It will work out of the box on band 4 LTE and in T-Mobile refarmed areas on 1900 3G frequency.
    According to XDA you can flash T-Mobile stock ROM and get WiFi calling as well. I am planning to try it out.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Another option: BLU Studio 5.0 HD LTE

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QKVEUFO/

Seems to have all T-Mobile bands including AWS and LTE

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dimon_san View Post
    It will work out of the box on band 4 LTE and in T-Mobile refarmed areas on 1900 3G frequency.
    According to XDA you can flash T-Mobile stock ROM and get WiFi calling as well. I am planning to try it out.
    thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    thanks for the info!
    Just to update...
    Got the Verizon LG G2 today popped in T-Mobile Sim card, added fast.t-mobile.com APN and getting LTE with no issues. It just complained that my sim is from unknown source. That can be just ignored. Will look for custom Rom options, but it is pretty good with stock 4.4.2 Rom if you don't want to mess with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    Looking to find my next phone given my LG F6 is blocked. I am collecting my options. Please correct if I am wrong.

Amazon Fire Phone - Pros: T-Zones compatible and it has AWS and LTE. Cons: Poor battery life. Bad reviews. Questionable Play Store support.

LG G2 - Pros: former flagship phone, supports LTE out of the box. Cons: No AWS band (potential after reflash?). More expensive ($150 to $175 + tax)

Random unlocked AT&T Phone - it seems most of them can be used with T-Mobile LTE band (4). AWS band is almost always missing.
    The "US Edition" of Motorola's line, both gen1 and gen2 I believe have all T-Mobile's bands covered but 12.

So between Moto G and Moto X, gen1 vs 2 and new vs used there should be a good choice for you in there.

Personally I'd go used, either XT1045 Moto G or XT1053 Moto X. Make sure not carrier branded - should be able to get a "yes" entering the IMEI into Motorola's site requesting a bootloader unlock code so you can root it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DuggaD View Post
    $5 preferred internet is a gf plan similar to tzones with the same phone restrictions but 5gb cap. There is definitely a change to amazon fire phone apn settings. Now it has an auto network setting taking me to fast.T-Mobile.com, which is what I previously used. There are some other preset tmo apns, including epc.T-Mobile.com; however, using those disabled the phone data. I think I need to enter a custom apn, but I'm not sure what to put in the password/ login etc. Is there anyone with with working amazon fire hotspot on os 4.6.1 who can give me the settings. Please pm me or post.
    Same here. After upgrading to 4.6.1, my hotspot direct all connected devices to upsale page... Please update or PM me if you find out anything about this. TIA

Feedback Score
    I just got N910W8 aka Canadian unified Galaxy Note 4.
    It works on T-zones flawlessly.
    I was able to install T-mobile based Lollipop and Kitkat as well. WiFi calling works, unrestricted tethering works and all work as they should. No wonder they call note 4 king of smartphones and phablets.

LG G4 is around the corner and it will come with same processor as Note 4.

As Note 4 still comes with removable batteries and expand able SD CARD slot, it was no Brainer for me. Only downside is the price but the best performance, camera, long battery life and 4k display make up for it.

If anyone wants to know how I flashed T-mobile ROM then feel free to pm me. I originally went for Canadian S4 but it was lost in transit so I got Note 4 instead.

Feedback Score
    Hi, can anyone let me know if it's now possible to get the plan below through Twitter? How exactly? And will the plan/pricing/features expire eventually?
    $20 Unlimited Select Choice Talk and Text +
    $20 Unlimited data with 3GB MHS (mobile hot spot or tether)

Also, what's TForce? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPro View Post
    ... ... ... contacted TForce via Facebook Direct Message ... ... ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vanquish15 View Post
    ... Select Choice Unlimited Plan (unlimited talk and text) for $25 and then add the unlimited LTE data (with 3GB tethering cap) for $20... so $45 total for unlimited everything (except the 3GB cap on tethering, which is fine) ... ... ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMoNoGo View Post
    Hi, can anyone let me know if it's now possible to get the plan below through Twitter? How exactly? And will the plan/pricing/features expire eventually?
    $20 Unlimited Select Choice Talk and Text +
    $20 Unlimited data with 3GB MHS (mobile hot spot or tether)

Also, what's TForce? Thanks!
    It depends on if you already have a T-Mobile plan already and if so, which one?

Feedback Score
    I purchased T-mobile note 4 right after hearing Samsung has decided to go for the looks on the S6 on its announcement date back on March. I initially wanted S6 but I realized it was not worth it so decided to go with a T-mobile Note 4.

So I got both T-mobile Note 4 and Canadian Note 4 side by side. N910T aka T-mobile Note 4 on PAU and N910W8 aka Canadian Note 4 on T-zones. I am running identical custom ROM based on T-mobile FW. Though Canadian N4 came with Canadian modem, it came with exact same available bands as T-mobile Note 4. I was surprised by this because online specs show the Canadian version comes with LTE AWS only not AWS HSPA. However the phone turned out to have AWS HSPA as well. Yes, it even had the LTE band 12 available. I went into hidden network setting to check GSM, WCDMA and LTE bands of these two phones but they were identical.

Only thing that I could not figure out yet was VoLTE as kernel is different from T-mobile. Every other functions including WiFi calling has worked flawlessly.

Though there are more tests to be done, it is safe to say that N910W8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is currently the best smartphone with WiFi calling feauture capable that can be run on T-zones as of now.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've tried different apns to get the Amazon fire phone hotspot to work and if I get the internet working it goes to the upsale page. There was some language sent with the upgrade noting that the hotspot works "if allowed by the carrier". After looking at xda developers I think I need to downgrade the kindle os. I guess not enough of us are using the fire phone on t-mobile for somebody to figure this out.

Page 745 of 844 FirstFirst ... 245 645 695 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 795 ... LastLast