Page 820 of 844 FirstFirst ... 320 720 770 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! Looks like Samsung had a deal yesterday too but sold out quickly.

Feedback Score
    Wow no more noise on this thread!!! Everyone gave up their tzones???

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberandroid View Post
    Wow no more noise on this thread!!! Everyone gave up their tzones???
    Nope... and hat's a good thing! It means it's still working fine without issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slingster View Post
    Nope... and hat's a good thing! It means it's still working fine without issues.
    Yeah all is well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm still beating around the bush and Verizon Samsung Note 5 and tzones. Still cannot use any tmobile branded phones and I could really use the wifi calling app. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to proceed? TIA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberandroid View Post
    Still cannot use any tmobile branded phones and I could really use the wifi calling app. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to proceed? TIA.
    Use one of the non-branded phones listed here that have confirmed wifi calling:

http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much Jet.

Any new info on getting retention to change our tzone plans to some other plan but still keep the same pricing??? Just tired of having to look for phones. Easier to just purchase them from tmobile!!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A bit off topic. Any one here still on "Even More for Families 750 Talk"? I am wondering what is included in this plan now. Online account is showing "2.5GB per line", making me wonder if I will get data for lines that have no data plan. Also, does this plan get international texting and data now? I received some roaming text in Europe and was surprised that I did not get charged. I used to get charged when I receive text overseas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigersgt View Post
    A bit off topic. Any one here still on "Even More for Families 750 Talk"? I am wondering what is included in this plan now. Online account is showing "2.5GB per line", making me wonder if I will get data for lines that have no data plan. Also, does this plan get international texting and data now? I received some roaming text in Europe and was surprised that I did not get charged. I used to get charged when I receive text overseas.
    Maybe they added the 2.5GB to the grandfathered lines. As for texts, I found this chart for those with grandfathered plans:

https://www.t-mobile.com/templates/p...Txt_Messaging2

Basically it appears that as long as you have a messaging plan, you can receive international roaming texts for free. Otherwise if the line doesn't have a text plan then it charges $0.20.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For us who are on grandfathered plans, what do you guys do with data when traveling overseas? I will be in Canada this weekend, trying to figure out the most cost efficient way to get data.

Feedback Score
    For us who are on grandfathered plans, what do you guys do with data when traveling overseas? I will be in Canada this weekend, trying to figure out the most cost efficient way to get data.
    You're probably better off getting a SIM in the country you're visiting. I don't think they have good roaming deals for grandfathered plans.

The other option you have is if you have a tablet, get a SIM for the tablet on your current plan and then you'll get the international roaming on the tablet plan.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    There are three things you need to do when roaming internationally with a grandfathered plan.

1) Turn Cellular Data Off
    2) Turn Cellular Data Off Completely.
    3) Yes I know there's a setting on most phones to turn off roaming data but it doesn't work right on some devices so Turn Cellular Data Off.

Other than using wifi use a local SIM (so make sure your device is unlocked before you leave.)

Cache any maps you think you'll need.

Carrier(s)
    tetamovil
    Feedback Score
    family member recently traveled abroad got a new Tmobile One $75 line with $25 international package to use the same phone for free data and lower cost calls. Needing to add something like this once a year, spread out over a year, is equivalent to adding $10/month to our current plan. In addition to the removed corporate discounts, and the loss of unsubsidized handset cost, "grandfathered plan with tzones" has lost its edge over the last 2yrs.

I'm still waiting for the right time to jump ship. Missed out on the March promotions of 20%off NewCustomerHookup code, 1 free line, and 2 Tmo One lines for $100, which would have resulted in 3 Tmobile One lines for around $80, all inclusive. Except that we're not "new customers", so we would have to jump over hoops, slither under a limbo stick, and do a macarena to get in on any promotions. Next time something like this comes up, somebody should alert us here and let us know if we can wriggle our way into such a promotion!

Today's announced promo of "2 for 1" TmobileONE lines (total of 4 Tmo ONE lines for $140) still too much. Still waiting...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newroc View Post
    family member recently traveled abroad got a new Tmobile One $75 line with $25 international package to use the same phone for free data and lower cost calls. Needing to add something like this once a year, spread out over a year, is equivalent to adding $10/month to our current plan. In addition to the removed corporate discounts, and the loss of unsubsidized handset cost, "grandfathered plan with tzones" has lost its edge over the last 2yrs.

I'm still waiting for the right time to jump ship. Missed out on the March promotions of 20%off NewCustomerHookup code, 1 free line, and 2 Tmo One lines for $100, which would have resulted in 3 Tmobile One lines for around $80, all inclusive. Except that we're not "new customers", so we would have to jump over hoops, slither under a limbo stick, and do a macarena to get in on any promotions. Next time something like this comes up, somebody should alert us here and let us know if we can wriggle our way into such a promotion!

Today's announced promo of "2 for 1" TmobileONE lines (total of 4 Tmo ONE lines for $140) still too much. Still waiting...
    I am with you. None of the promo can beat the grandfathered plan. I am paying $135 for 5 lines (3 with data).

Carrier(s)
    tetamovil
    Feedback Score
    I am with you. None of the promo can beat the grandfathered plan. I am paying $135 for 5 lines (3 with data).
    just looked at other networks, didn't know so many plans are now so cheap. H2Owireless has $27 unlimited everything (3gb high speed), this alone is cheaper than what I'm paying now after the elimination of corporate discounts and no tethering on tzones. Both H2O and MetroPCS allow tethering on their monthly plans, and given that all my phones are now unlocked ATT phones, i'll go w/ H2O in the next few days. If and when tmobileONE comes up with other "new customer promotions", maybe I'll come back as a "new customer", if that's all they care about.

Page 820 of 844 FirstFirst ... 320 720 770 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... LastLast