Thread: MTS Recall: LG 150

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

MTS Recall: LG 150

MTS is recalling the LG 150 phone. 13k phones are being recalled. If you, a friend or family member has this phone, tell them about this.

http://www.mts.ca/lg150recall
    http://www.stockhouse.com/News/Canad...aspx?n=7192039

On January 27, 2009, MTS Allstream Inc. announced that it has been asked to support LG Electronics Canada (“LG”), the manufacturer of the LG 150 mobile handset, in LG’s voluntary recall of approximately 13,000 LG 150 handsets sold by MTS. The recall follows a decision by Industry Canada, which regulates mobile handsets, to remove the LG 150 model from its list of certified mobile phones for sale in Canada.

LG was notified by one of the independent bodies responsible for the certification of mobile phones that the LG 150 mobile phone is no longer certified as meeting the Radio Standards Specifications 102 (RSS 102), Radio Frequency Exposure Compliance of Radiocommunication Apparatus. MTS has been advised that Health Canada is of the opinion, based on the review of test results and its assessment of current science, that the past and current use of the LG 150 should not pose immediate or long-term health concerns.

MTS is now working quickly to ensure customers are able to quickly and conveniently receive a replacement handset and accessories for the approximately 13,000 handsets currently in use by its customers. The company will be exchanging handsets free of charge at all of its authorized wireless dealer locations until March 31, 2009.

The voluntary recall pertains only to one specific LG handset – the LG 150 – and does not affect any other LG handsets supplied to MTS or any other wireless phones offered by MTS.

The LG 150 is a compact black flip-phone that can be identified by removing the battery on the back of the phone and reading the label underneath. It reads: “MODEL NO / MODELE: LG 150”.
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    HTC One (M8)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any idea which phone MTS is giving as a replacement? Got one here that was disconnected for an older phone as it was nothing but headaches. We could not respond to any text messages received from other carriers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    southwest probably knows. I hope it's fairly smooth for him and his coworkers to be able to deal with such a large amount of phones in a short period of time. I just hope the customers get a decent replacement.. without having to start a new contract or anything.

Everyone I know who owns that phone basically says how its a piece of trash, but alot of LG phones are like that, not all but alot

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    were giving out the LG385. Thats a great deal for anyone with the 150!

Device(s)
    HTC One (M8)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Smile

Cool, thanks for posting Will have to drop by local dealer here.

Verlin

Device(s)
    Samsung Nexus S (4.0.4), Sony Xperia Pro (2.3.4)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    I have found that a number of people seem to think that each store is has 1000 units in stock so every person who walks in with an LG150 is guaranteed a phone on the spot. If we can't keep 300 phones in stock for regular sales, how in the world can we hold that quantity for sales and replacements? I'm venting a bit here since we get someone complaining every 5th 150 phones that comes in to get exchanged. Apparently they didn't read the part in the newspaper or listen on tv where it says there is NO immediate or long term threat to ones health that has been empirically determined. If it was there would be an IMMEDIATE RECALL. Getting a little tired of people saying they'll sue MTS and LG if they get brain cancer. I realize that Hofoer's are much more adept than the average wireless shopper so I may very well be preaching to the choir but common people the LG 150 isn't gonna kill you if you have it for 2 more months!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southwestm81
    I have found that a number of people seem to think that each store is has 1000 units in stock so every person who walks in with an LG150 is guaranteed a phone on the spot. If we can't keep 300 phones in stock for regular sales, how in the world can we hold that quantity for sales and replacements? I'm venting a bit here since we get someone complaining every 5th 150 phones that comes in to get exchanged. Apparently they didn't read the part in the newspaper or listen on tv where it says there is NO immediate or long term threat to ones health that has been empirically determined. If it was there would be an IMMEDIATE RECALL. Getting a little tired of people saying they'll sue MTS and LG if they get brain cancer. I realize that Hofoer's are much more adept than the average wireless shopper so I may very well be preaching to the choir but common people the LG 150 isn't gonna kill you if you have it for 2 more months!
    You've been quiet as soon as the recall was announced, so wow, it sure was busy huh?