Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 ringtone for W760a??

Feedback Score

Mp3 ringtone for W760a??

I got my SE W760A this past week, but for the life of me I can't seem to change my ringtone to any mp3 song.

I've read on other forums that it should be less than 30 seconds or 292 KBs. I've downloaded a program cropped down my mp3 song to those requirements (and less) but when i transfer it to my phone it doesn't allow me the option of setting it as my ringtone. Can someone please help?

Additional info:
    -Software used: Song Ericsson PC Suite, WavePad (to clip music)
    -Plugged in phone in Phone Mode
    -Tried putting the mp3 on the memory card and phone memory

Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    Current: Sony Ericsson C905a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did you get your phone from AT&T? If so, you won't be able to use MP3s as ringtones. You'll have to debrand your phone with a generic firmware before you can. After that, you can use anything you want. More instructions on debranding are here in the forums.

Feedback Score
    no i'm with rogers wireless canada... i have seen some other threads talking about debranding before changing the ringtones. thanx a lot anyways

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    With Rogers you will definitely have to debrand before you can use your own ringtones.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    debrand, flash with HK firmware, and you mgiht as while unlock it while your at it too. I'm not too sure if you can flash the unlock for the w760 because it is newer, just like there is nothing that the average person could use to unlock the k850 without expensive equipment. Debranding should easily solve your problems. I'll even give you a starting point to help you. SeToolite and XS++: Programs to help you flash and debrand your phone. You also might want to join www.Topsony.com while your at it too. Good luck, and I hope you have MP3 ringtunes soon!
    ANA The Launch Customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Feedback Score
    If i debrand my phone and say something breaks, will rogers know that i debranded my phone and not repair it for me though? is there a way to rebrand/relock the phone just out of curiousity's sake, before i actually try that?

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Phear
    Did you get your phone from AT&T? If so, you won't be able to use MP3s as ringtones. You'll have to debrand your phone with a generic firmware before you can. After that, you can use anything you want. More instructions on debranding are here in the forums.
    I have the AT&T W760a and I have had no problems with setting MP3's as ringtones except for 1 that I created a while back. The rest of them work just fine.

Device(s)
    w760i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by pmcafee
    I have the AT&T W760a and I have had no problems with setting MP3's as ringtones except for 1 that I created a while back. The rest of them work just fine.
    I had the same thing w/ an early model 580i but this new 760 won't use'em if they're larger than XXX and for some reason I cant seem to debrand this turd.

Device(s)
    Sprint SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    my w580 worked like a champ with 30-40 seconds, the w760 i had to cut them down to 18-20seconds... ATT btw
    Marble White Sprint Galaxy S III
    ROM: Stock
    Mods: Rooted & Debloated
    Launcher: TSF Shell / Apex Launcher Pro / Launcher Plus PRO
    Screen Protector: iloome Tempered Glass White
    Battery/Case: ZeroLemon 7000mAh w/ Black & White TPU Cases

**Always looking for another Jabra BT8010, Hit me up!**

Device(s)
    palm treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    hello everyone! i'm joining in on the w760a owners. actually, this is my first sony ericsson phone and so far i'm enjoying it. however, there is the issue of ringtones. i have ringtones that i used with my previous phones which i copied to the memory card for my w760a. however, none of them seem to work as far as setting it as a ringtone (the 'select' option is grayed out -- but i'm able to play it just to listen to it). after reading several threads here, it seems that the consensus is either debranding the at&t w760a phone or lowering the bitrate/shortening the length of the ringtone under 30 seconds. are those really the only two options i have? what's the best program to edit the length of ringtones (i've had these ringtones for a while and never had to manipulate them when i use them in different phones). please advise. thanks guys!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W760a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have the Sony Ericsson W760a (with Rogers) and I have never debranded or unlocked my phone. I save them as .wav files and then just move them into the Ring Tunes folder on my memory card. Works fine. =)

Device(s)
    W760i,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    omg, why are people saying that you need to cut the mp3 file to set it as a ringtone! i put a full mp3 song as my ringtone and it works
    ...Want to Own a W995 (Hikaru!)...

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone - AT&T
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i got all my ringtones from mobile9.com when it was still the 760a and all of them worked just fine and all of them were 20-60 seconds. i clipped some songs and used mobile17.com and had them at 45 seonds or so & never had an issue.

Maybe i just got lucky or something? but i never had an issue with ringtones...well i did with some from a few sites. buit it was only when i would dowload them directly from my phone and not from the laptop, then move them.

but yeah pretty much the option here is to debrand your phone & then you will have full use of your phone and all its software.

Device(s)
    W760i,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    yea, i agree with Ph0z3

Device(s)
    Eternity
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just did a software update to my wife's phone. An mp3 that used to work won't now. Has anyone tackled this problem with the most recent update?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast