Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mp3 ringtone for W760a??

Device(s)
    Nokia E62
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odango
    If i debrand my phone and say something breaks, will rogers know that i debranded my phone and not repair it for me though? is there a way to rebrand/relock the phone just out of curiousity's sake, before i actually try that?

Yes debranding will void your warranty. All rogers variants handset are DRM protected. Really all you need to do is remove the digital protection once you send your mp3 to the phone. Use this link: just change the xx's to tt's
    The software is called DRM packager. This will remove protection so there is no need to complicated flashing or voiding your warranty.
    hxxp://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/misc/p_misc.jsp

BR,

YosheMoshe

Feedback Score
    I can confirm for my AT&T W760a that a full size mp3 did not work but once I cut it to be under that 232kb limit or what ever it was, it did work.

Also if you want to save space use AAC encoding instead of .MP3

I did not feel like taking the time to cut every song I want to use as a ring tone so I debranded the phone and now it has no restriction, but you lose a lot of the AT&T stuff, so its give/take.

Feedback Score
    Hi !

First of all, sorry for my english

I just bought a W760a with Rogers in Canada and I was soooo disapointed by the fact that I could'nt use my songs as ringtones. I read everyone's messages and tried to change my .mp3 into .wav. It works really well !
    I used this program http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...-win-1.2.6.exe.
    You just have to open your file and save it as .wav, transfert to your phone and voilà ! Hope it will work for some of you.

Device(s)
    sony ericsson w760
    Feedback Score
    like some1 else stated before, i just turned the mp3s i wanted as ringtones into .wav files, and they work perfectly...no need to shorten it or anything..p.s my phone is unlocked btw (rogers)

Feedback Score
    Did you use conversion software from SE or other/where from? Thanks, wil

Device(s)
    sony ericsson w760
    Feedback Score
    i just downloaded a converter online on download.com
    yo

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W760A
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem as everyone else here, couldn't set an mp3 as a ringtone. I tried using a smaller sized file as was suggested on here but it didn't work.

So then I downloaded a free converter from here:

I converted the files from mp3 to Wav and now it works perfectly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2