Thread: Took a new position at Bell, wondering if it's worth it

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Took a new position at Bell, wondering if it's worth it

I just took a new position in Bell, sounded like it was a great offer when it was offered back in December. They called it Small Business...

I find out now after having the position for 2 weeks what it consists of...

1. No staff support and no telemarketing
    2. I was inside sales before, business came to me, now I have to go out and get all of my own sales
    3. I dont get paid a penny more
    4. I had to buy my own company laptop
    5. I have no extra bonuses or extras for taking the position
    6. I have to make all of my own material, from marketing to envelopes to powerpoint presentations.
    7. becasue Im not corporate sales, I have none of the resources that they have
    8. I have to use my own car and gas, I get reimbursed for gas, only at the end of the 2 weeks
    9. I DONT HAVE ANY DESK SPACE Im expected to do it on the front counter or whereever I can find space...
    10. I've spent the last 2 weeks getting almost no sales, im sure this paycheck will be horrible.
    11. People just come in the store and other reps get the sale
    and 12. last but not least, any more than 15 phones, I have to hand off to corporate and I dont get **** for it.

What do you guys think about this? Does this sound realistic? Let me know your thoughts on this.

I have done Telus Corp before and it was 100% different. This sounds like a crap offer to me right now....

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    p.s. Im at work right now, so frusterated. I apologise for all the spelling mistakes

Device(s)
    Tin Cans
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps you were not clear about the expectations of the position and the resources given to you.

Speak to your manager. If the job isn't for you then get out to avoid becoming more miserable.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Sounds kinda ******. It'll probabky look good on a resume, nothing more.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    wow, screw that. move on.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 32G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I got laid off from a job making 60K a year this past friday.

Sucks that your new position isn't what you expected, be thankful you still have a job.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like what one of the bell reps for our company does... I thought they give you guys a "virtual desk" that you can go to and plug into to do whatever you need ...

How is it possible that they set all that up but didn't tell you about the terms of the position though?
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ah yes...the ever popular golden carrot was dangled in front of you...get used to it.
    Sammy740: It's ironically called BlueChips...something Bell isn't.
    Bell's new marketing slogan: Over promise, Under deliver.
    "System Access Fees are charged by all wireless companies to help pay for the network and the ongoing software, technology and other upgrades to that network. Generally, the higher the fee, the greater the opportunity to invest in network quality to enhance your experience. Just one more reason to choose Bell. "

Device(s)
    Latest or highest priced bell phone
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    If your interested I have a primary custodial service operations position at Bell head office available......... Honestly though - i'm sorry you got screwed as a bell employee apparently they've been doing it to people for years - but right now there's a recession, thank god that your currently employed and hopefully your manager could undo what was done
    opinions are like cell phones, everyones got one

Device(s)
    Nokia 5230
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    This question I'm about to ask you will determine if you made a good decision or not:

What have you gained by taking this new position?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

A new position doesn't nexessarily make it a promotion...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 800
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Anytime you move from inside sales to outside sales, it is a tough transition. Some people just aren't suited to cold-calling. In fact, most people aren't. I'm lucky - I made the switch like you did, but have found an outside sales job that has a lot of existing client management so I don't have to spend all my time cold-calling. If it was all cold-calling, I would've ditched it a long time ago.

The lack of support is stunning though. How are you not considered corporate sales? Small business is still business sales. Buying your own laptop, no materials, I've never heard of a large company doing so little to help their front line outside sales reps be successful.