Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pre' Pricing and Plans?

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score

Pre' Pricing and Plans?

What will the pricing and plans be?

Hesse attempt to pitch Sprint's low prices did not bring cheers from the audience at the rollout.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    A Pre' for $299 on a new 2-year contract with a moderately priced plan would probably attract a LOT of subscribers from the competitors.

$399 on a 2-year contract with Simply Everything required would cause less of a stampede.

Device(s)
    Sprint Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sero Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    I dont think he will lock this phone to a simply everything plan, unless he wants to piss off the core users of such pda type phones.

Besides, sprint has yet to offer a pda phone that is locked into the simply everything plan. I dont see them doing so anytime soon.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I think $299 is too expensive. That's a hundred more than the 8gb fruit phone. What makes it worth the extra cash? Even the Storm is cheaper than $299 as is the G1.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This phone better not cost more than $250 after rebates, still don't agree with the prices of the Diamond and Pro

Feedback Score
    The Storm, iPhone, Omnia, and G1 are all $199 so I'd hope the Pre is priced the same. I think $299 is definitely too much, $249 might be ok.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    The one that works best for me.
    Feedback Score
    I see theis phone going for $199 with a 2-year deal, and a SE calling plans will be required.

Update: LOL, add $200 to my guess.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-proclamation/

Device(s)
    8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    how does $399 sound

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-proclamation/

I sure hope not. I was thinking of replacing my curve if it's under $200, but twice that much

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neile457
    how does $399 sound
    . . .

At $299 with a decent plan I'd buy a Pre' right quick.

At $399 I'd probably still buy it.

If Simply Everything is required FORGET IT, regardless of what price they charge for the Pre'.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Is-Good
    A Pre' for $299 on a new 2-year contract with a moderately priced plan would probably attract a LOT of subscribers from the competitors.

$399 on a 2-year contract with Simply Everything required would cause less of a stampede.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I were to upgrade from my current 800w to the Pre, would Sprint still allow me to keep my $30 Sero plan?

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Is-Good
    If Simply Everything is required FORGET IT, regardless of what price they charge for the Pre'.
    I'm with you. I'd pay considerably out of pocket for this phone if it's as good as it looks to be, but giving up my existing plan is a non-starter, and I'm DAMN sure not signing for an SE plan.

Well, not unless Sprint sends one of their more attractive female Care agents to my house every month to Care for me in a special way.

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    I'd think it'd require an Everything (not Simply Everything, distinction there) plan for new customes, a data plan (SERO included) for old customers. For me, at $199 I'd definitely buy. For $299 it'd be a hard sell but I'd probably get it. At $399 sorry, unless that's unsubsidized...
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by webhsu
    If I were to upgrade from my current 800w to the Pre, would Sprint still allow me to keep my $30 Sero plan?
    Unless they do something retarded like put rules into Ensemble to block the phone's being activated without meeting certain plan requirements (the way an Instinct can't be activated without an Everything plan), you should be able to just do an online ESN swap wonce you get it in your hands.

I wouldn't put it past Sprint to do something really stupid like try to force people to buy Everything plans to get this phone though, the same way they did with the Instinct.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntm856
    I'm with you. I'd pay considerably out of pocket for this phone if it's as good as it looks to be, but giving up my existing plan is a non-starter, and I'm DAMN sure not signing for an SE plan.

Well, not unless Sprint sends one of their more attractive female Care agents to my house every month to Care for me in a special way.
    Agreed. I too would keep my existing plan and Treo.

But SE? No way.

I'd even welcome those sweet female Customer Service reps from the Philippines even IF they barely spoke English. But not if I have to buy Simply Everything

Device(s)
    8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have the unlimited SE already, which is a great deal for me. But $399 is steep, but it seems in line with the other Palms that Sprint has sold. I will get if it's below $250 - but $400 is hard to justify.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast