Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Live from Palm's CES press conference

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'm already on Sprint's notification list for this phone. I have one line off contract now and another going off contract in Feb., so I've been pondering getting an HTC Touch Pro, but now I think I'll wait.

Anyone heard any pricing rumors?

Only thing it's missing feature-wise (well, apart from a memory card slot ) is a video mode for the camera. I read a vague (maybe only wishful thinking?) suggestion that it will gain this capability with an upcoming firmware update. Anyone heard anything about this?

Also, this being a new OS, does anyone have any idea of how quickly 3d-party apps will begin to show up for it? Does Palm have known 3d-party developers working on new Palm webOS apps or ports of existing apps like google maps to webOS?

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madeinhb
    This looks sweet. Too bad its going to Sprint. Can't wait for it to show up on Verizon. Only thing that would have made it sweet is if the slide was horizontal for larger keys instead of vertical. With the on screen keyboard for dialing, this would have been nice.

Can't wait to play with it.
    To those of us who live where Sprint has good coverage, Sprint is a much better deal anyway, so I am glad it's coming to Sprint rather than VZ. It looks to be a game-changer of a phone, but a phone would have to give me ----jobs to make me pay what you guys pay, especially considering that I'm a long-time Sprint sub who has accumulated some perks over the years.

This all said, it seems likely that VZW may allow people to activate it on their network, as they seem to be slowly following up on their promise to begin allowing compatible non-VZW-branded devices to be reprogrammed and activated on their network (a promise which Sprint also made, BTW, but seems to have no interest in really following up on ).

Just have to get the phone's MSL, which you can usually social-engineer out of Sprint Care, or which they are supposed to give you freely if the phone's out of subsidy.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just saw a long video with an overview of everything on the Pre and I have to say, I love everything from the OS to the touch screen but I don't like the vertical slide out keyboard.

They should have made a horizontal slide out or have a touch screen one.

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aod2k9
    I just saw a long video with an overview of everything on the Pre and I have to say, I love everything from the OS to the touch screen but I don't like the vertical slide out keyboard.

you see.. i was thinking that at first, but i think they did vertical slide, because so that you can just use one hand to type.. atleast thats what i think they would do, because if you do a horizontal slide, than its harder to type with one hand..
    [Selling 6FT DVI to DVI Cables]

My Call Sign for XBOX Live is : SS Talon
    My Call Sign for PS3 is : sstalon
    Game Center is : sstalon
    Ping is : sstalon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aod2k9

they wanted it 1 handed use capable.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    me personally hate horizontal slider phones. Vertical isn't great but isn't bad either. Hopefully they have an on screen kb also? I text email a lot. so it would be a pain to use the slider everytime i needed to enter text.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint - SEROlicious
    Feedback Score
    $exy.

I might actually buy a new phone instead of Sprint giving me free upgrades. ^_^

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    heres is a 25 min video about it
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/2322-1.htm

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yay! Palm actually cares! And I love that kitschy Steve Prefontaine reference. HAHA Either that or I've been running too long....

Looks very promising. Just hope it's not too little too late for our favorite smartphone company.
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Device(s)
    iPhone 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    At&t (sucks)
    Feedback Score
    Can't wait to get my hands on the Pre. I really love my iPhone but At&t sucks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow this is another game changer for sure WELL DONE Palm. They're back

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm impressed....

Palm really thought this product out thoroughly....
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks great. I just don't understand why they didn't release it to all of the US Carriers. I would think that Palm needs all of the sales that it could get.

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay21
    It looks great. I just don't understand why they didn't release it to all of the US Carriers. I would think that Palm needs all of the sales that it could get.
    i know.. only thing i can think of is cause sprint did invest alot of money into this, so i guess they did it under one condition that they get rights to it first.. i guess we shall see how that works out... will i wait 6 months atleast for this phone? i guess time will only tell..

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay21
    Usually it's to get the carrier to do a big advertising push. The launch carrier will advertise it a lot, and really push the phone if it's an exclusive, if it were sent to all carriers, Palm would have to do most of the advertising. So by doing an exclusive, it gives the carrier a chance to recover the cost of the advertising.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast