Thread: i880 problem: Upside down screen

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score

i880 problem: Upside down screen

I just got an i880 in a lot of phones on eBay, the seller said that the screen is upside down,Powered it on and it is really upside down.Any way to remedy this?
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Feedback Score
    This happened to both of my new i880's and nextel replaced both of them for me it is a known issue on this phone, nextel stores can also fix them

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    Thanks,can this be repaired under the Motorola warranty?, I dont have insurance on my account.Is the Motorola Warranty still in effect even though phone is sold to a new owner?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N977ll
    Thanks,can this be repaired under the Motorola warranty?, I dont have insurance on my account.Is the Motorola Warranty still in effect even though phone is sold to a new owner?

I think you are out of luck on that...
    Who is covered?

This warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser, and is not transferable.
    >> http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/...uctWarranty.do

However...
    You could try registering it >> https://direct-secure.motorola.com/h...istration.html

...maybe the first owner never did.

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    Yo Dude, your the best, you are always willing to help.Last one in the Nextel forum,turn out the lights.

Feedback Score
    i have the same issue with my 880, except i am the original owner and have had it for about 7 years (guessing) what parts need replacing to fix the flipped screen

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score

i880 flipped screen

It is a bad Flex Cable.You can fix it yourself if you are handy.You can find the screwdrivers & Flex cable on EBay.It is a known problem with i880.Funny it took 7 yrs for it to appear on your unit.

Feedback Score
    Oh it didnt take 7 years, it appeared after 2years and i just put it away and found it the other day while cleaning my shed, im using it to lower my bill while in the police academy, and thanks for the info!