Thread: New tower in Littlestown, PA

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

New tower in Littlestown, PA

Anyone have any info on when the new tower in Littlestown, PA will be online?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bump. Any news?

Feedback Score
    Do you know if this is going to be a new tower or an upgraded tower?

Device(s)
    64 GB iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vulc4n
    Anyone have any info on when the new tower in Littlestown, PA will be online?
    Have you restarted your phone while in Littlestown? I travel through that area frequently and I get 3G signal from Maryland almost to Taneytown Road in PA. I'm wondering if this tower you speak of facilitates it.

Feedback Score
    Coming up 97 thru Littlestown I do in general keep a 3g signal.
    Problem is when I get inside my house at some point the signal drops. I'm in Appler on the north side of town. I had heard somewhere that another tower was going to go up or one upgraded with 3g which would improve 3g coverage in town.
    I can pick up a 3g signal on the second floor of my house but I need to pull the battery on my BB Bold to get it. Which then drops after a few minutes.

Heading south on 97 I don't usually pick 3g back up until I get to Blacks School House RD in MD.

Using SignalLoc on my BB I seem to bounce between a tower up Whitehall RD and the one out 194 toward Hanover. According to SignalLoc these towers are not 3g capable. SignalLoc wont give me the location of the tower when I'm connected on 3g upstairs.

AT&T-7989-255-3201-2425
    That is what SignalLoc shows for the 3g tower.
    Anyway to get a location for that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can get a strong 3G signal west/south-west of Littlestown. This apparently is coming from a tower in Tawneytown.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmike
    Do you know if this is going to be a new tower or an upgraded tower?
    Its a new tower... This has been in the works since summer of last year iirc. They officially got approval for it to happen a few months ago.

They are building a new monopole tower down behind the community park. Last I checked they had some flags out where I suspect it will be built, but that was all. I don't know the current status as I am at school right now and haven't been home in some time.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (current)
    Feedback Score

Arrow

The tower will be a monopole which can be accessed by Kindig Road. The tower will be able to support up to 4 providers and I don't think the construction has not be started as of yet. The 3G you are getting is from towers in MD and most likely the one on Rt 97 in Silver Run, MD. There may be one Taneytown that has 3G also but the signal is weak. I always pick up Edge on the tower on Rt 116. The CSR was not able to tell me of a date of the tower going online and if it would be 3G. She said just call back later to see of any updates
    Glad to have EV again now that I have Verizon

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (current)
    Feedback Score
    latest I'm hearing is July 2009 for the new tower in Littlestown and it will be 3G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just an update... The tower is built... Don't see any gear up there yet, though. I live in a total dead zone about 1/4 mile away from this tower, can't wait until it goes online.