Thread: sprint tv is overrated

Device(s)
    Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score

sprint tv is overrated

so I subscribed to the premium package to try sprint tv out. it seems like every channel is nothing but trailers and short clips. am i missing something or what? even like discovery mobile, if i start watching Dirty Jobs and change channel for a second when i come back a totally diffferent show is on...i was hoping it would just show what is on the real tv....i guess i expected too much

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpTJ
    . . . premium package to try sprint tv out. it seems like every channel is nothing but trailers and short clips. . .
    . . . and is the video quality worth paying for? I can be a few hundred yards from the tower with maximum possible signal quality and lightly loaded network and the video quality on Sprint TV still sucks.

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Is this a duplicate of a thread in the main Sprint forum?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is it something I would pay for a la carte? No I wouldn't. It however is included in my SEP so I'll take it.

Keep in mind, this service is really for if you are on the road and want some quick entertainment. It's not meant to be an HD television, it's not meant to be there to cancel your home cable service.

There are more than trailers. If you look MTV has a live channel, as does disney, nick and several others.

It's not perfect, but it is a service I will take in my bundle. Provides me some entertainment here and there.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Agreed personally I'd never pay for it on it's own (well I did once a long time ago but cancelled after first month) but it's nice having there as an added bonus to the everything plan.

Almost all the channels are "mobile" versions so it's just clips and trailers. Couple of live channels but definitely not enough of them to warrant paying for.
    If they offered the REAL SciFi channel (and not this "scifi impulse" mobile crap) I'd probably pay just for that alone as I have a lot of time at work to kill time.. and scifi has always been my favorite channel.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I agree with most here. It is fine if bundled with other things like if you have the SEP. But I tried it for a few months and dropped the service. wasn't worth the price on its own.

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    Sprint TV quality is overall crappy

Recommendation- if you have a high speed connection at home drop the <$100 for a slingbox one time and get all your home cable channels for free no monthly charges. You can watch from your smartphone, laptop, on the road, etc. Much better quality too

Sprint is out to make $$$ of services not offer you the customer the best quality service. IMO i call them "sucker services"- sprint tv, nav, music, etc. I bought a slingbox and a real nav program (garmin xt, tomtom, etc) and never have to pay monthly no matter what WM phone i use for life. why pay a carrier $10 a month for something you can get at a one time cost of under $100?