Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Debranding W760a

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    does anyone know if you can get pandora radio to install and work using this to change the phone name to w580i?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    OK, so I've read thru every one of these threads, checked out all the links, etc, etc, and all I can really come up with at the end of it all is that I am officially TOO DAMN OLD to be attempting this. My mad tech skills ended around the time I installed my own SoundBlaster 16 card.

There are lots of places in the GTA that unlock phones for a fee. Are there any that offer to debrand as well? I cannot stand that Rogers will not let me use my MP3's for ringtones, and the Rogers power-on and power-off screens make me want to pull my (greying) hair out.

If anyone knows a place that will debrand and mod my new Rogers w760, please post and/or PM me.

Thanks
    Finally, back on Rogers where I belong!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm DePlume
    OK, so I've read thru every one of these threads, checked out all the links, etc, etc, and all I can really come up with at the end of it all is that I am officially TOO DAMN OLD to be attempting this. My mad tech skills ended around the time I installed my own SoundBlaster 16 card.

There are lots of places in the GTA that unlock phones for a fee. Are there any that offer to debrand as well? I cannot stand that Rogers will not let me use my MP3's for ringtones, and the Rogers power-on and power-off screens make me want to pull my (greying) hair out.

If anyone knows a place that will debrand and mod my new Rogers w760, please post and/or PM me.

Thanks

Norm,

I can tell you that these instructions (here) worked for me and many others.. i'm pretty sure you'll have to set up the media settings differently since you have Rogers, but that shouldn't be hard to find.. the only thing you need to buy is a cable which you can get from amazon for a few bucks, go ahead and get yourself a m2 memory card while you're at it.. (this will be good to have since you'll be able to use mp3's for ringtones haha)

The instructions are very detailed (now) and if you just follow them word for word you shouldn't have a problem..

There's plenty of guys on here that will be more than willing to help if you run into any questions/issues including myself..

Device(s)
    SE w760a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So my phone is debranded for several months now but the more I think about it. The more I miss being able to change my shortcuts and the AIM program AT&T provided. Is there anyway to get this back? Do I have to rebrand my phone and debrand it again using a diff method?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    narfzz,

not trying to be rude, but did you read the first 4 pages of this thread?? It's explaining how to mod your phone and make the shortcuts be whatever you want them to be..

Device(s)
    SE w760a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman
    narfzz,

not trying to be rude, but did you read the first 4 pages of this thread?? It's explaining how to mod your phone and make the shortcuts be whatever you want them to be..
    I wouldn't have asked if I didn't read the first four pages. I think it's a reasonable question. If I overlooked how to do it, mind pointing me in the right direction?

It doesn't explicitly point out how to get back the shortcuts. It doesn't say how to do it after having the phone is debranded. It does say how to keep the shortcuts and stuff in the process of debranding the phone (something about xml file). Do I have to rebrand the phone and then debrand it using the steps shown? I could have sworn the mods are done in the process of debranding the phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8110
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey everyone. I just bought the se w760a and I wondering if it has the led lights that allow it to light up different colors or is capable of flashing like the 580i? Or do I have to debrand the phone to get these features? I'm just horrible with all the new technology and wonder if I am capable to debrand a phone by myself haha. If someone has an answer to any of my questions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbachm127
    Hey everyone. I just bought the se w760a and I wondering if it has the led lights that allow it to light up different colors or is capable of flashing like the 580i? Or do I have to debrand the phone to get these features? I'm just horrible with all the new technology and wonder if I am capable to debrand a phone by myself haha. If someone has an answer to any of my questions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    The w760 doesn't have side lights like the w580. As for debranding the phone, read these posts/threads:
    http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=36483
    http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=36503

HoFo member number 284654

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8110
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8110
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm working on debranding my phone right now and I am following sharkypr.net's step by step process. I am now at the part where i press and hold down number 5 key or 'C' (depends on your area) on my phone and connect the USB cable to the phone and the computer and I am supposed to get a response from the a2uploader. I have repeated the steps over and over and just can not seem to get a response. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You have to install the phone's drivers...

Install SE PC Suite, and follow the connection instructions for that first. Once PC Suite has detected the phone, it will install the drivers. Theeennn you can use a2uploader or any of the other programs...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    remember to hit file system tool in a2uploader, then plug your phone in holding the 5 key..

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by narfzz
    So my phone is debranded for several months now but the more I think about it. The more I miss being able to change my shortcuts and the AIM program AT&T provided. Is there anyway to get this back? Do I have to rebrand my phone and debrand it again using a diff method?

You can still change the shortcuts relating to the up down left right keys.. you have to do a mod (just insert a xml file) listed in one of the previous pages to allow you to be able to use the up key for a shortcut.. You can insert xml files to allow you to make the left and right soft keys anything you want.. as long as you can find the HOOK..

You don't need to rebrand your phone to do this.. This is called mods, which are done after your phone is debranded.. You can also do the acoustics mod, which makes your phone ALOT louder..

Sorry about telling you the instructions were in this thread I was mistaken. the instructions are in these threads..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1502731
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1513567
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1474427

just read through these.. see what you want to do and ask what you can't figure out.. and we will help you.. Remember it's good to do a backup of your file system with A2uploader before you start modding.. just so you'll have all your factory files..

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbachm127
    I'm working on debranding my phone right now and I am following sharkypr.net's step by step process. I am now at the part where i press and hold down number 5 key or 'C' (depends on your area) on my phone and connect the USB cable to the phone and the computer and I am supposed to get a response from the a2uploader. I have repeated the steps over and over and just can not seem to get a response. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

here's the step by steps for the first part.. then refer to the sharky's page for the media settings.. Step by Step

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8110
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you guys for the help! Phone is debranded :-) I have just one more question. I think i'm the only person that cant figure this simple thing out. I cant figure out how to transfer files from my pc to phone. I have a2 uploader, pc suite, and media manager. I know how to transfer music, just not zip files for menus, fonts, themes, etc. When using pc suite, (if thats what your even supposed to use) i connect the phone to the pc and try to drag-n-drop the zip files over to the phone.. just doesnt work. Please help :-/

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast