Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Debranding W760a

Feedback Score
    MBKATT - Thanks, but yes - SEUS was installed.

In fact, I had just used SEUS to update my W760 to the most current version of ATT firmware - and then within 5 minutes went directly to my futile attempts to get results with A2uploader.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G white (16GB). Why did I wait so long to switch?
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Unhappy What Happened?!?

As of 01/11/09, apparently, McAfee got new definitions that blocked a2uploader from working on my PC. As of 01/14/09, McAfee got newer dfeinitions that caused a2uploader to be deleted from my PC.

Unfortunately, I am using a coprorate laptop and the DAT files are pushed to my PC by corporate eSecurity group. Even if I modify McAfee to allow a2uploader to keep working, within 5 minutes, Corp blows away my changes and a2uploader is gone again.

I will have to get my old (very old) laptop up and running again if I want to continue using a2uploader or maybe move over to my media center PC, which I don't really want to do.

The point here is that it may be your antivirus/spyware app that is causing a2uploader to not detect your phone. You may want to go into what ever app you're using and add a2uploader to the exceptions list(s) so that it does not get blocked, quarantined, etc.. Of course, if you chose to do this, you do so at your own risk, and I will not be held responsible if you have a perverted copy of a2uploader that has an actual virus/spyware/malware in it.

I guess I can no longer help, until I can figure out a solution on my side for me to continue using a2uploader... Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Device(s)
    Current: Sony Ericsson C905a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Gross McAfee. Thank goodness I'm using Kaspersky!

Feedback Score
    Thanks MBKATT for all the help even though I couldn't get the results I was hoping for.

I had my antivirus / spyware knocked down, my firewall knocked down, SEUS loaded & reloaded, used another computer, etc., etc. I tried messing around with it all morning again yesterday. About the only thing I didn't try was standing on my head and I decided I didn't want to embarass myself any further so I threw in the towell and returned the W760 last nite.

Thanks again ...

Device(s)
    w760i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Question Noob here...

NM, I got it workin!
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-19-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Figured it out

Feedback Score
    i have a w760 att and i yesterday on 1-19 i did a update on se. and i am now trying to debrand it and everytime i get to the part for the update i get no update avil. any ideas how to debrand it still? or am i stuck

Device(s)
    SE w760a(i)
    Carrier(s)
    cellular one
    Feedback Score
    After you download A2 and install SEUS, you shut down phone and remove batt. Then insert batt, (don't turn on) open up A2 and click the file system tool button. A2 should say to hold "c" and insert usb cable. In the case of the W760 you'll hold down the "5" key and keep holding it until A2 shows the files in your phone.
    My cell phone produces 1.21 gigawatts!

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, Im sorry im really new with this and I need some help??
    So Ive got a W760a and Ive gone through all the steps to debrand.. now what? How do I know if it worked or not? What do I do now to change things? I don't get it? Also after everything was done and I updated using SEUS and I turned the phone on everything was completely different than it looked before? The Menu has different buttons now, some of them are in different places now, and now it wont let me change the "up" shortcut?
    Sorry I know its a lot.. but im really lost here haha. Thank you if someone helps!

Device(s)
    SE w760a(i)
    Carrier(s)
    cellular one
    Feedback Score
    well if everything looks different than you know it worked right? As far as what do you do now, well you can set flash themes, use mp3s as ring tones, delete protected files usin A2 you dont want, install custom audio and camera drivers......look around this and other sony forums for mods

Device(s)
    motorola v220
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

ugh

can some find me the att firmware for my american w760 or tell me how 2 install my yahoo instant messanger back in my message folder!!thanx!!!
    Can't stop here!This is bat country!

Device(s)
    motorola v220
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

I into and again please

CAN anyone PLEASE help me turn my american W760 back into an A it keeps sayings its a w760i no matter what i do and I can get it 2 rebrand either!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone - AT&T
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liltazie
    CAN anyone PLEASE help me turn my american W760 back into an A it keeps sayings its a w760i no matter what i do and I can get it 2 rebrand either!!
    really it doesnt matter much. but all you have to do is look though this thread and it says how to. just make a new xml file, and it will change it.

Feedback Score
    Ok so i went through all the steps and here's a few things i discovered.

1. when connecting your phone to the usb port, hold 5 BEFORE you plug it in, if you did it right, windows will NOT detect it and do it's auto play thing.

2. the new menu system is MUCH faster than before, games start faster, menus load faster between screens, one game that wasn't playable prior b/c it was too slow now works.

3. there's also another feature which i haven't seen mentioned and it's when you press the media att symbol button, it brings up this awesome menu that makes it like an interface to show you all open applications. so for instance if u start a game and minimize and don't remember which one it was or w/e u can go into the menu and just click it. before it used to show me that double menu thing and i forgot what i had open and there was no way of telling unless i went into games or w/e.

4. the new apps and games it has are really awesome

Feedback Score
    Oh dear God I turned on the w760a after doing the final step of updating through SEUS and I got a blue screen with a dark blue bar on the bottom and it says "Please Wait"... it's been there for a few minutes now.... please tell me this is normal.

Update: Bah, it came back after about 5 min... with at&t crap all over it... dammit. What CDA should I be using; the one that pops up when I select it in the generator? What should SEUS say the firmware is before it updates? When I did it it said it was some cingular firmware it was gonna reload.
    Last edited by DekkuM; 03-20-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    YES! Got it! Copied the xml to the right directory this time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast