Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: modifying the shortcuts on W760i(a)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman
    edit***

ok i got the Up navitagion shortcut unlocked, but i'm unclear on the making the left soft key camera.. getting it to work and not locking the up nav key..
    sorry i keep replying to my own post.. but i can't edit them.. so i figured out how to make the left soft key the camera and i have the up unlocked.. so all i need now is the right soft key file manager or maybe even connectivity (where the bluetooth is) either one would be fine with me... I just want it something i would actually use..

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson j20i Hazel
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not sure if this will work 100% as I haven't tested it personally, but this should be right. Use this .xml and .itm file exactly as you did the LEFT_SOFTKEY_HOOK (directions a few pages back)

RIGHT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.itm:
    Code:
    RIGHT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.xml                                                                               0100444 0000002 0000002 00000001055 11006351462 0013056 0                                                                                                    ustar   root                            root                                                                                                                                                                                                                   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <MenuItem version="1.0">
      <item_text>
        <TEXT lang="xl" str="*******" />
        <TEXT lang="cf" str="*******" />
        <TEXT lang="pb" str="*******" />
        <TEXT default_lang="en" str="*******" />
      </item_text>
      <item_help>
        <TEXT lang="xl" str="*******" />
        <TEXT lang="cf" str="*******" />
        <TEXT lang="pb" str="*******" />
        <TEXT default_lang="en" str="*******" />
      </item_help>
      <item_icon />
      <item_action>
        <ACTION type="Internal" str="FileManager" />
      </item_action>
    </MenuItem>
    RIGHT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <MenuItem version="1.0">
      <item_text>
        <TEXT lang="xl" str="*****" />
        <TEXT lang="cf" str="*****" />
        <TEXT lang="pb" str="*****" />
        <TEXT default_lang="en" str="*****" />
      </item_text>
      <item_help>
        <TEXT lang="xl" str="*****" />
        <TEXT lang="cf" str="*****" />
        <TEXT lang="pb" str="*****" />
        <TEXT default_lang="en" str="*****" />
      </item_help>
      <item_icon />
      <item_action>
        <ACTION type="Internal" str="FileManager" />
      </item_action>
    </MenuItem>
    And wherever you see the astricts ******, just replace with whatever text you want displayed for the button.

It might take like a day or a few restarts to actually start working. Not sure why, but mine did. Someone said something about deleting a file from a directory after doing the NAV-UP unlock and that will make it stick. Should be a few pages back. I never did but I may have just gotten lucky.

Good Luck

Oh and to set it to connectivity, just replace "FileManager" with simply "Connectivity". There's some more complicated hooks too like "BlueTooth_Settings" so if you need anything specific I should be able to look up the hook.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks nutsgowee (haha like that name) i haven't tried it yet, but i'll definately post when i have and let everyone know...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow!! Thanks Nutsgowee!! You're a Genius.. It worked flawlessly. I inserted the two files you gave me and used yours/booey's instructions from post #77 {here} and it worked first try..

i always follow the advice about deleting those two files anytime i change anything.. And it's always worked. The 3 times i've added things that is.

I really like all the helpful people in here that are quick to give both answers and help. I'm sure i'll be making this place home for quite a while..

1)so what's this acoustics mod? does it make it louder and sound better or just louder? I just don't want to make my speakers distort.

2)can someone point me to the volume (ring volume) when in standby mod?

Device(s)
    Samsung a870
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Easier recipe for hook creation / installation

See http://forums.se-nse.net/topic/40108-hookitm-files/

Upload empty Customize_upgrade.xml + appropriate .itm files (I did both L & R in one pass, left center alone), to
    /tpa/preset/custom using a2uploader.

Disconnect phone, power on, voila!

(The benefit is obviously not having to figure out where exactly to put the .xml files,
    not having to remove any files off the phone to get the hooks applied, etc. etc.
    Plus the tool mentioned there to create said hooks is very nice)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7