Thread: horrible 3rd party sprint experience

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

horrible 3rd party sprint experience

I went to simply wireless on fort Jackson today to return a USB modem. I wanted to return it bc it got horrible reception. I guess a lot of people have been returning stuff lately. They had me talk to the district mgr and accused me of just using the modem until I left. He thinks I had a plan to basically abuse the return policy and he was going to talk to corporate about all this. I still have until mid feb to be here. He shouldn't accuse people like that. I don't wanna browse with 1xrtt, get over it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Christ almighty. This really doesn't surprise me at all as unfortunate as it is. That is why I say NEVER deal with 3rd parties! ONLY CORPORATE!
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    go 3rd parties just to upgrade or if you know u have good reception at home.
    Proud to be Latin/Chinese xD

Feedback Score

Third Party vs. Corporate

We are an Indirect Store and hear 5 times a day that people would rather deal with us than the Corporate store because of the service we provide. Rather than lumping all stores of a type into bad or good I suggest everyone find a store they like and give them your business. Ours is a family owned business and rather than have my family get a bad reputation in our town we try to help everyone we can within reason.

The consumer has a BIG advantage in a privately owned store. We recognize that our continued ability to pay our rent/mortgage/food/tuition bills require that you come back to us. Perhaps in the heyday of wireless you would have been treated badly but only the strong players have survived. With so much on the line we simply have more to lose by not treating you well.

I would not chalk up that experience as being caused by a third party store, just a poorly trained person which you may have experienced in a corporate store.

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Boo hoo you cant RENT a modem.

Whats the zipcode youre using it in?
    Sprint Service and Repair Technician
    3000 Anytime + M2M + 7pm N/W + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month

Phone: Sprint Blackberry Tour - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with the majority above--*NEVER* go to a third party store--Especially when it comes to Sprint. For some reason Sprint tends to attract the seedier/greedy type of third party retailers (same with Dish Network when it comes to satellite TV)... every one I have ran into has tried WAY to hard to get a commission, and worst of all have been downright rude if I have tried to get any questions answered, mainly because I was an existing (corporate) customer.

It all goes to add to the wonderfully bad perception that people have from Sprint. I gave up on even looking at third party stores a few years ago when I was trying to find a certain kind of case for my Treo 650--a very rude rep at a store said he had "customers looking for new phones that will actually pay my bills--go to where you bought your phone if you need to find a case". I called Sprint and reported that BS.

--Nat

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I love working at a 3rd party store, I had some nutjob come up to me the other day and tell me if I didnt credit her bill $70 she was going to cancel her 5 lines.

Apparently she was on an older plan that didnt have free roaming on it, and her daughter was racking up a bill halfway across the country on someone elses network. She said that was bullsh*t, she could talk to her daughter free with her Sprint-To-Sprint. She got a little mad when I told her she wasnt using that feature when one of the parties is not on Sprint's network, and she said I was full of sh*t, her daughter wasnt roaming. How she had any idea what her daughters phone was doing halfway across the country amazes me.

After that I was done dealing with her, and I told her I couldnt touch her bill, after which she insisted "all sprint stores are the same". Again threatened to leave with her 5 lines, and got even unhappier when I told her she couldnt cancel her service here either, lol.

I definately go out of my way to help people even if im not going to make money helping them, so dont give me that third parties are all garbage bullsh*t.

He still hasnt posted his zip code, I want to check coverage in his area on the map, then we will see who is full of sh*t.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Christ almighty. This really doesn't surprise me at all as unfortunate as it is. That is why I say NEVER deal with 3rd parties! ONLY CORPORATE!
    it's kinda silly to pigeonhole all 3rd party dealers as retards who don't know what they're doing. it's like going to a McDonald's, finding a hair in your burger....and then deciding to never eat at ANY mcdonald's ever again. i find that a little short-sighted...but you know the saying, ignorance is bliss.

i sell sprint, t-mo, and at&t btw. if anything, most people i deal with complain strongly about the experiences they receive in the corporate stores. the most common complaint is always the fact that no matter what time of day/week they go, there is always a LONG wait before someone can help them. it's like going to the DMV. also in corporate stores, most customers who are upgrading may not get the same quality customer care as new customers. why you ask? last i remember, reps in corporate stores do not get paid at all for upgrades. i used to work at a 3rd party kiosk in a mall that had a corporate store in it. one of my acquaintances in the store used to send me up all his upgrading customers cuz he claimed that he didn't make a dime off of them unless he got them to buy accessories. I in turn paid him back by sending him all my nextel customers because we did not carry any iDen phones in our lineup.

regardless, have fun paying activation fees, full price on phones, and dealing with mail-in-rebates. at the moment, my company is doing Instincts for $79.87 after INSTANT rebates, BB Curves, for $49 instant, and Samsung Luminas for FREE instantly. oh yeah...we're also giving all customers (even those upgrading) a $40 service credit when they get a phone from us. and guess what, you don't have to worry about mailing, calling, or yelling at a CS rep to get it...since it automatically populates on your 2nd bill. i think it truly pays to deal with a 3rd party dealer (no matter the carrier) 10/10 times.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 800w
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I dont get how you assume ANY store would happily take a return. Just because this 3rd party store is a complete waste of breath, doesnt mean they all are. You basically returned an item that was going to make the store around $400 over your contract. I know I would be mad if someone tried doing that to me. Salesmen simply try to talk you out of it because thats our job

Device(s)
    BB Curve Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    it's kinda silly to pigeonhole all 3rd party dealers as retards who don't know what they're doing. it's like going to a McDonald's, finding a hair in your burger....and then deciding to never eat at ANY mcdonald's ever again. i find that a little short-sighted...but you know the saying, ignorance is bliss.

i sell sprint, t-mo, and at&t btw. if anything, most people i deal with complain strongly about the experiences they receive in the corporate stores. the most common complaint is always the fact that no matter what time of day/week they go, there is always a LONG wait before someone can help them. it's like going to the DMV. also in corporate stores, most customers who are upgrading may not get the same quality customer care as new customers. why you ask? last i remember, reps in corporate stores do not get paid at all for upgrades. i used to work at a 3rd party kiosk in a mall that had a corporate store in it. one of my acquaintances in the store used to send me up all his upgrading customers cuz he claimed that he didn't make a dime off of them unless he got them to buy accessories. I in turn paid him back by sending him all my nextel customers because we did not carry any iDen phones in our lineup.

regardless, have fun paying activation fees, full price on phones, and dealing with mail-in-rebates. at the moment, my company is doing Instincts for $79.87 after INSTANT rebates, BB Curves, for $49 instant, and Samsung Luminas for FREE instantly. oh yeah...we're also giving all customers (even those upgrading) a $40 service credit when they get a phone from us. and guess what, you don't have to worry about mailing, calling, or yelling at a CS rep to get it...since it automatically populates on your 2nd bill. i think it truly pays to deal with a 3rd party dealer (no matter the carrier) 10/10 times.
    x2 here. You must be an SCK employee! I love to hear this 3rd party crap about don't buy and blah blah blah. Next time you go to the Corp store and stand in line for 45+ mins and then pay $100 extra to have to wait 1/4 of your contract to get a stupid Visa debit card, come and check your local Sams Club and let us you keep money in your pocket!
    My Sprint Plan - 2 Phones, 1 Aircard

Phone 1 - $20 - 3000 Anytime mins, Unlimited N&W @ 7p, Unlimited Data and Messaging

Phone 2 - $30 - 500 Anytime mins, Unlimited N&W @ 7p, Unlimited Data and Messaging

Aircard - $29.99 - Unlimited Data Usage

$79.99 + tax/month=

100th POST - 12/30/08 @ 23:44est My Post