Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Big Breaking news the Boulder has a new FRONT Speaker!!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeller
    If you have your camera resolution set to something other than the highest resolution (1280x960) then there is a zoom available to use. Your options are 640x480, 320x240 or 160x120 if you want to use the zoom. I typically leave mine at the highest resolution possible and then crop pictures if needed.

As for the battery becoming nonchargeable, I am not sure... I suppose a guy could always eBay it and pick up a couple of buck$ for it.
    Thanks for the answers. You hit on the exact prob. I was having w/ my zoom. I had it on the highest res.

Device(s)
    G'zOne Boulder V1.2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t1mmer
    I have the ADATA Class 6 microSD card from NewEgg in mine. Seems to work fine. It's my first time using a microSD card so I can't tell you if it's much of a change between slower cards, but I can't really tell a lag.
    Yep, I just got my ADATA Class 6 microSD 8GB card also from NewEgg. Not bad for $16 with free shipping! Now all the thumbnails and pictures load much faster in the viewer. They seem to load just as fast from the card as from the phone. This helps cut down the loading time when scrolling through several pictures. The old school card I had in there before did have a lag in loading media. I am hoping this helps cut down the time in loading music and videos but I have to wait to load it up til the USB to HDSD adapter gets here.

Watching videos is pretty cool, I was able to get about 30 min of a show on the old card with no problem. It came out to 36MB as a 3g2 at 320x240 and the quality was pretty good. With the 8GB I will be able to get several whole movies on there.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMiller3
    ... Also, has anyone gotten bluetooth to work for any type of file transfer (phone to phone, phone to computer, or computer to phone)? ...
    I have had some success with a boulder to boulder and boulder to KRZR transfer of contacts. Media seems harder to do and it seemed to want a memory card in the receiving phone. I have tried to transfer contacts to a BB several times and still no luck but I was able to receive contacts from the BB ok.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    When bluetoothing contacts the only problem I have is you can only transfer 10 at a time.

Device(s)
    G'zOne Boulder V1.2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also now taking a pic is better with the class 6 card. The time while phone is storing the media after taking it has been reduced. So the time from taking pic 1 to being able to take a pic 2 is much better. Basically the phone seems quicker in general.

Also it looks like I am able to push media but not receive with BT. The boulder said something like unsupported media. But the picture I was testing with was actually taken with the boulder?!?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spolkyc
    Watching videos is pretty cool, I was able to get about 30 min of a show on the old card with no problem. It came out to 36MB as a 3g2 at 320x240 and the quality was pretty good. With the 8GB I will be able to get several whole movies on there.

What format did you use to put a movie on your card?
    I finally changed the picture of my phone in my avatar!

Device(s)
    Orange Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman1968
    What format did you use to put a movie on your card?
    I'm guessing .3g2

spolkyc, what did you use to convert the video to .3g2?

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm contemplating buying the boulder over the adventure in large part because the adventure seems to still be reported as getting an average of two days battery time.

Now, I was reading that the Boulder for awhile was coming with the standard and the extended battery.

But is the bolder Boulder still coming with both batteries ? And you all seem to be reporting an average of 3 to 4 days of battery time .. but is that for the standard or the extended battery ?

Other question. Cartman1968 made this comment on 01-10-2009:
    "The sound quality of the earpiece is not the greatest, but it is liveable."

I've seen many of you so very pleased with the earpiece on the bolder boulder that I was wondering if Cartman1968's reaction to the earpiece is the exception to the rule ? Or are there some of you who have the same reaction as him but haven't yet voiced your opinion about this ? If it will help you to know where I'm coming from, I've been using an E815 for the past three years.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Matt - the Boulder still comes with both a standard battery and an extended battery as well.
    The earpiece quality is on par with my trusty LG VX8300 although the original Older Boulder was lacking in that department. You won't be disappointed with the Bolder Boulder!

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you, I appreciate your help! Although I didn't own an 8300, back when it was on the market I spent some time reading people's thoughts on it. And it was clear that it was an enormously favorite reliable phone. So I take it as high praise for the Boulder when I see you compare the Boulder to the 8300.

I'm sorry to bug you for a question that I should have thought of in my previous post. But when I was reading the posts about the bolder Boulder, it didn't stand out to me whether or not the bolder Boulder has trickled into at least *some* stores. Or is this bolder-version still strictly an online or over the phone purchase ?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For that, you'll probably have to go into your local store and look... I would imagine they now have them in stores but I don't have a corporate store nearby to check on it. Before going to the store, a simple phone call to confirm would save you from wasting a bunch of time!

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering .. regarding the two colors, at night in the dark do the keys of the orange model and of the silver model emit the same color ?

Also, before the new bolder boulder came out, I thought I'd seen a few comments saying that one color seemed to be a little better (better built ?) than the other color. Is that still true with the bolder version ?

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This weekend we stopped in to a small corp store, and they still had the boulder without the front speaker.

Like already stated, you may want to call before going.

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to buy y'all. I have another question.

I've been very carefully reading the thread, especially since the $ 200 is a huge investment with where my budget is.

Nearly everyone (including MrWeller in the recent post to me) is very very pleased with the quality of the earpiece. But upgr8r seems to be the one person who has had a different experience. Did this person maybe get a bad bolder boulder ?

12-18-2008 07:27
    Speaker quality seems good, but there was some fuzz yesterday evening. I'm hoping to carry on an extended conversation or two today and I should then be able to say whether it's clear or not.
    12-18-2008 19:57
    Still on the fence with regards to earpiece and battery life.
    12-21-2008 19:00
    Not sure whether it matters or if it's just my mom yells into her phone. Speaker quality is good but I do seem to hear some distortion at higher volumes.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ompass+boulder

12-31-2008, 08:41
    The biggest disappointments, outside of the battery life (which ideally would be a week or so of standby time) has been the earpiece, which occasionally makes it difficult to hear people clearly. It's usually only a problem with certain people, but I did not have the same problem on my cheapo nokia.
    Last edited by Matt_; 02-12-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aRBy
    This weekend we stopped in to a small corp store, and they still had the boulder without the front speaker.

Like already stated, you may want to call before going.
    Thank you .. will do!

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_
    I'm sorry to buy y'all. I have another question.

I've been very carefully reading the thread, especially since the $ 200 is a huge investment with where my budget is.

Nearly everyone (including MrWeller in the recent post to me) is very very pleased with the quality of the earpiece. But upgr8r seems to be the one person who has had a different experience. Did this person maybe get a bad bolder boulder ?
    I still have the boulder without the front speaker.
    Before the boulder, I had Motorola’s the KRZR being the last one. Now the sound quality is almost as good as that.
    Some say the new front speaker boulder is better, but when I compared them both I didn’t notice much of an improvement. To me both had the same sound quality to the earpiece.
    My nephew has a boulder from when they first came out. With his, he went through the software updates and that improved the sound quality of his dramatically. Now mine I bought weeks before the updated front speaker model came out and my earpiece sounds better than his. So if you looked at or played with a boulder before, you may notice a difference.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast