Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Big Breaking news the Boulder has a new FRONT Speaker!!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Boulder C711 SLXB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mine is working with a Class 6 4GB SDHC card.

Device(s)
    G'zOne Boulder V1.2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo20
    Mine is working with a Class 6 4GB SDHC card.
    Cool! Thanks! Have you ever try it with an old style SD card. If so did you notice a speed difference in the time to reset the camera after taking a pic or time to open them?

Device(s)
    Orange Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I have the ADATA Class 6 microSD card from NewEgg in mine. Seems to work fine.

It's my first time using a microSD card so I can't tell you if it's much of a change between slower cards, but I can't really tell a lag.

Feedback Score
    Hello Everyone,

I have had my new bolder boulder for a few days now. It is the latest version (v10). The last two morning on my way to work I have looked at the clock on the front and noticed the time was incorrect. If I open and then close the phone it corrects itself. I am nervous that I will look at it at some point and I won't realize when it is incorrect. Is this happening to anyone else? I noticed one post referring to a similar problem but no one responded.

Any ideas?

Also, has anyone gotten bluetooth to work for any type of file transfer (phone to phone, phone to computer, or computer to phone)?

Thanks!

~Kevin

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Kevin,

The reason that the clock displays an "old" time is most likely due to the battery saving feature of the phone. Depending on what settings you have your phone set on you can also see this when you make a call for an extended period where the screen shuts itself off or just dims...once you end the call it still may show 00:31 seconds or whatever for a call time but once a button gets pressed it will kick in and show the actual time you were on a call... To me it isn't life or death, I just usually hit one of the side keys to "wake it up" and give me the correct time...

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMiller3
    Hello Everyone,

I have had my new bolder boulder for a few days now. It is the latest version (v10). The last two morning on my way to work I have looked at the clock on the front and noticed the time was incorrect. If I open and then close the phone it corrects itself. I am nervous that I will look at it at some point and I won't realize when it is incorrect. Is this happening to anyone else? I noticed one post referring to a similar problem but no one responded.

Any ideas?

Also, has anyone gotten bluetooth to work for any type of file transfer (phone to phone, phone to computer, or computer to phone)?

Thanks!

~Kevin
    I've had mine for a couple of days and no clock problem yet. Did you try to reboot the phone?

So far the only file transfer I've done is w/ the mini-SD card.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just checking on VerizonWireless.com

The non-camera Bolder Boulder is out of stock!!! At least for my zip code anyway.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOffShore
    I agree, the double speakers are a big improvement. I actually have to lower the volume at places b/c it's too loud.

With the good comes the bad though. People I talk w/ on speakerphone w/ the phone closed have complained of echos of their own voices. Don't have right now but will have PTT later, and I hope it deesn't have the same problem.
    I have ptt and have not had anyone complain of echos Ive even asked them if there is any.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Kevin,

I had this happen to me only once. I wouldn't worry about it.

Device(s)
    Boulder C711 SLXB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich
    Just checking on VerizonWireless.com

The non-camera Bolder Boulder is out of stock!!! At least for my zip code anyway.
    This raises a question for me....... why would anyone want a non-camera phone? Am I missing something? I'm guessing in place of the camera is a feature that is better? Why do they make that phone?

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo20
    This raises a question for me....... why would anyone want a non-camera phone? Am I missing something? I'm guessing in place of the camera is a feature that is better? Why do they make that phone?
    Some people are not allowed to have cameras or camera phones on their job.
    My buddy works on a military installation, no camera, etc.

Feedback Score

First impressions of new Boulder

I had one of the early Boulder phones in August and swapped out for a V750 that did not end up working out for me. Just this week I received a new Boulder from Verizon and wanted to report on it.

If you look back to my first impressions on the original Boulder, you'll notice I did not find it all that bad. I thought the earpiece was substandard, but was willing to live with it for the ruggedness of the phone. What drove me over the edge was the discharge of the battery in less than a 12 hour period (with PTT) and the audibility of the speakerphone. I really wanted to like it, but had to return it to Verizon within the first 30 days.

The V750 I replaced it with was itself replaced a few times and Verizon offered the new Boulder as a replacement.

From my notes in other threads, I can say it was a bear to get the new Boulder. Even armed with the C711SLXB SKU number, it took three tries and a few weeks of time to get the right one. The stores could not help as most have still not heard of it.

First impressions on the new phone are great. The feel of the first version was solid; the new one is even better especially when fitted with the extended battery. I work outdoors, I drive big trucks, and I like bulky phones. That's my preference.

I would characterize earpiece sound quality as "very good". Definitely an order of magnitude better than the original Boulder. A bit of harshness (cracking) at highest volumes, but overall volume seems to be higher than the old Boulder, so turning it down a notch is still very loud and clear.

Speakerphone is great so far. Much louder than the original. Like the earpiece, works best at a notch below highest volume. I haven't toyed with trying to figure out which speaker is working (front or back) under which conditions (PTT, full open, closed, partially closed). One thing that I really like about the Boulder speakerphone that I hated about the Motorola V750 (and it is a characteristic of Moto phones in general based on my experience with another V750 and my e815) is that the speakerphone does seem to be a true full duplex. With the V750, I could never interrupt the other caller until they were done speaking. With the Boulder, I can have a very dynamic phone call with the person on the other end. This is important as most of my calls are made in the car on the speakerphone.

PTT is working well. I could never get one of my V750s to make a reliable PTT connection and I have not had that problem yet with the Boulder.

I have only had the phone a day, so battery life is still TBD. I can say that it's been off the charger for 12 hours and I'm still at 4 bars with the extended battery. I've turned off all keypad tones, set all backlighting to a minimum, and have the aggressive power save mode on. Running in EVDO mode now, although I have used 1X on my V750s and did not find the lag for PTT objectionable. Power PTTers may disagree, but PTT is a bonus convenience for me and not a requirement for the work I do.

Feedback Score
    im being told there is a restocking fee for 35.00. even though im with-in my 30days.... is that true.

this is for the newer boulder

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt
    im being told there is a restocking fee for 35.00. even though im with-in my 30days.... is that true.

this is for the newer boulder
    Are you exchanging for a brand new model? I've returned 2 boulders and no mention of a restocking fee.

Feedback Score
    just the upgraded modal....

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast