Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Big Breaking news the Boulder has a new FRONT Speaker!!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak
    I do beleive that you will like the difference. Dont know if you use ptt but if you do, you will be surprized
    I tell ya, if it doesn't randomly reboot, have its upper plate loosen, and better sound, I won't be happier.

Someone needs to freeze one of these in a block of ice again.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Model number is: C711SLXB

I called Amazon to see if they knew what models they were shipping. The woman I spoke to said that the models they have are both (black and orange) model # C711. We were both on the Amazon site and Verizon site comparing the phones, and she could not say which one they would ship for certain. Oh, and the Verizon site had the Orange bolder Boulder for $229 for the past week. They now have it for $179 w/ the $50 rebate.
    I finally changed the picture of my phone in my avatar!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like it would be a hassle to order it from Amazon if they can't even tell you which model# it really is...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thanks to fireredak

Thanks to his suggestion, I called VZ, and with a discount through my employer, I ordered my Orange bolder Boulder today. The price, 49.99, same as Amazon, and since it's coming from VZ, it should be the new one!! Should be in on Friday. Thanks to all who answered all of my questions, and thanks to this forum for providing me wiith more info on the Booulder than I found anywhere else on the internet.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman1968
    Thanks to his suggestion, I called VZ, and with a discount through my employer, I ordered my Orange bolder Boulder today. The price, 49.99, same as Amazon, and since it's coming from VZ, it should be the new one!! Should be in on Friday. Thanks to all who answered all of my questions, and thanks to this forum for providing me wiith more info on the Booulder than I found anywhere else on the internet.
    Your welcome, enjoy your new toy!

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    cartman check your PM

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking

I called in and talked with Verizon and ended up talking with a tech about my father in law's phone and told them how bad the speakerphone sounds on his Older Boulder. They ended up ordering a FRU replacement for his black and silver Older Boulder.

After thinking about it and not getting a real straight answer about which model # they were sending to replace the phone with I called back. Talked with another cs rep and explained what was done and that I wanted the newer phone with the front speaker. It took her quite a while and had to talk to her boss a time or two to figure out that she couldn't stop the earlier order that was already in progress. So, on Friday there will be two Boulders showing up via FedEx (one older and one bolder). We'll send the FRU Older Boulder right back and then swap his older Boulder for the FRU Bolder Boulder.

The rep even told me that she would credit me one month service ($60 main line and $9.99 x 2 for secondary lines) if I were to renew contracts and get a new phone for one line. If I do my math right, I could get an EnV2 for $79.99 and pick up an LG 5500 for free. I know that's getting a little sidetracked from the Boulder, but if you do get a rep in a good mood and treat them well you can get really good deals from Vzw.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome, enjoy your new toy!

I'm just glad that I checked here before I bought. I actually found this site through Amazon. Kinda funny, huh? I was about to give up on the Boulder before reading about the bolder Boulder here. Thanks to Howard Forums and all its members. Once I get the phone I'll be sure to review it, change my avatar, and my signature.

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Damn, I missed FedEx today. They said they delivered it tomorrow, Thursday, and were early. Guess I'll be taking a dirive in LA rush hour to get it today.

Device(s)
    Bolder Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeller
    I called in and talked with Verizon and ended up talking with a tech about my father in law's phone and told them how bad the speakerphone sounds on his Older Boulder. They ended up ordering a FRU replacement for his black and silver Older Boulder.

After thinking about it and not getting a real straight answer about which model # they were sending to replace the phone with I called back. Talked with another cs rep and explained what was done and that I wanted the newer phone with the front speaker. It took her quite a while and had to talk to her boss a time or two to figure out that she couldn't stop the earlier order that was already in progress. So, on Friday there will be two Boulders showing up via FedEx (one older and one bolder). We'll send the FRU Older Boulder right back and then swap his older Boulder for the FRU Bolder Boulder.

The rep even told me that she would credit me one month service ($60 main line and $9.99 x 2 for secondary lines) if I were to renew contracts and get a new phone for one line. If I do my math right, I could get an EnV2 for $79.99 and pick up an LG 5500 for free. I know that's getting a little sidetracked from the Boulder, but if you do get a rep in a good mood and treat them well you can get really good deals from Vzw.
    Yep, you get more with candy. BTW: what the hell is "FRU"

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOffShore
    Yep, you get more with candy. BTW: what the hell is "FRU"
    FRU= field replacement unit.
    Fancy name for a refurbished phone they mail to you to replace yours, but in this case the phones are new.
    All you get is the phone, no battery or anything else.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How ya liking the ptt fire? I can't say enough about the new design...love the volume and clarity. Has anyone had the time on the outside display freeze? Just happened to me yesterday.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAM
    How ya liking the ptt fire? I can't say enough about the new design...love the volume and clarity. Has anyone had the time on the outside display freeze? Just happened to me yesterday.
    I really like it, its faster then nextel thats for sure.
    Im just glad that we with the boulder can change the alert tone because the standard one is to soft.
    I havnt had my outside display feeze on any of the ones Ive had, only read about it here.
    I did have the phone freeze last night though when I was pairing it to my tom tom gps.
    I think it may have been something I did though.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I really like it, its faster then nextel thats for sure.
    Im just glad that we with the boulder can change the alert tone because the standard one is to soft.
    I havnt had my outside display feeze on any of the ones Ive had, only read about it here.
    I did have the phone freeze last night though when I was pairing it to my tom tom gps.
    I think it may have been something I did though.

The one other tone i would like to be able to change is the reminder tone. It is too soft to hear.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAM
    The one other tone i would like to be able to change is the reminder tone. It is too soft to hear.
    Yeh it is. My sammy on alltel has the same tone that is used say like for texts or whatever and its at the volume you have chosen.
    So yes I agree, that is something id like also.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast