Thread: Sign up for phone only

Feedback Score

Hi,

New here, so please forgive my ignorance.

I am with Bell right now and only 4 months away from my 3 year contract. At end of my contract, I plan to jump to Rogers ship (for iPhone). Currently I have two phones (RAZRs) with Bell on two plans, wife and myself.

Both of the phones are useless and the batteries die after 2 minutes of talk time following a all night charge. I would like to get cheap phones for both myself and my wife to ride the 4 months until contract end.

My question; Can I buy this $39 phone, use the credit and then call Bell and tell them to put this (new) phone on my account? Is this possible without having to hack/or do anything to the phone?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (Pay & Talk)
    Feedback Score
    Nope, I believe that Bell began to deny activating PC mobile phones now...

What you can do is just buy some cheap batteries online... should be cheap if you can find an "Extreme Deal"... nudge nudge wink wink.

The cheapest way to get by on conked out batteries is to go to your local Dollarama and get one of those cheapo Emmerson cell phone AA battery chargers....
    Since they are only $1 each you can buy a few and leave them around, and hey you also get a free alkaline battery with it as well so it is like $0.75!

I have one installed on my bicycle to use as a voltage booster to run some LED lights.. basically this is like a portable USB socket...

Feedback Score

Thanks

Thank you so much for your advice. I was at Lablows trying to purchases a virgin mobile phone, but the lady wouldn't give me the $20 off as I didn't have the coupon. So, I decided to not buy. Am I glad, when I saw your response.

I couldn't believe the extreme deal I got for two batteries.. I purchased two battaries, one for each of us. Hopefully this will get us by few more months.

Once again, thank you for your help.