Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG dare micro SD question

Feedback Score

LG dare micro SD question

So i dont yet have a micro SD card but def want ot get one so i can use this as an mp3 as well. I'm just wondering if all i need is a micro SD card? Can i just put it in my phone, plug my phone in my computer using USB, and add music to my sd card that way? Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Yes just turn on mass storage mode on the phone. Just put a 16gb in mine and it rocks!

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The transfer times will probably really annoy you using the data cable method. Just get a super cheap card reader from somewhere like DealExtreme....it's way faster with a card reader: http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.300

I got this one for regular SD cards, because my microSD card came with a SD adapter: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6858

That way I can use the reader for either microSD or regular SD. You can buy a reader that just does microSD though.....like this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6108

or this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7106

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just to make sure it is clear, you need to put the card in the phone first so it formats it then you can transfer to it via either the USB cable mass storage or an adapter on the PC. Just copy to the appropriate folder that the format created flix for movies, pix for pictures etc.

And I agree that the best option is to buy the card and adapter package since it does not cost much more and if you don't like the USB copy option you can use the adapter for speed.

Most of the time I use the cable in mass storage mode and pop a beer if I am copying a lot.

Feedback Score
    thanks everyone for the help. Very informative.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3, iP7/128, iPXS/64, iPXS/128
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

Further clarification... if you connect your Dare to the PC via USB without having a microSD card, you can do nothing with it.

I am waiting on my card to arrive and connected my Dare to the PC. All I can tell is that it charges but is not otherwise accessible.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlever
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

Further clarification... if you connect your Dare to the PC via USB without having a microSD card, you can do nothing with it.

I am waiting on my card to arrive and connected my Dare to the PC. All I can tell is that it charges but is not otherwise accessible.

There is nothing you can do with the USB Mass Storage option, but there is plenty to do. Download the latest BitPim and look around here in the forums. You can put ringtones, swf wallpapers, etc. Look around and have fun.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So the internal memory is accessible by BitPim? Cool. I'll hafta see what sort of trouble I can get into with that.

Then to clarify my above post, you can do nothing with internal memory via USB unless you use BitPim. USB mass storage is only available when you have a microSD card installed in the phone.

Feedback Score

micro sd

sry for late reply.but i too agree with some of our friends to use card reader instead of connectivity via usb.that is more preferable in case of internet connectivity through mobiles ...........access through card reader is faster and easier too......

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It would be hard to quantify easier and faster using a card reader versus just the data cable. I think its easier to use the data cable its just plug and go. No popping the micro SD in and out. Now keeping track of the card reader, etc. As for speed, depending on the read write speed of the card reader it might be negligible over the data cable anyway. The true bottom line however is a 8gb microsdhc card can be had for about $15 and thats a steal of a deal for that much storage space. While its true the Dare can accomodate a 16gb microsdhc for $50+ I think 8gb is enough for most especially at less than 1/3 the price of a 16gb. Forget not the 1500 pix limitation and 2000 song limitation as well if considering a 16gb card that you might not even fill up half way

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm running Vista/64 bit. I got my 8 Gb HDSD card and installed it in my Dare today. I connected the Dare to the PC and got the "installing drivers" msg... then got a msg saying device driver installation failed.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

I transferred a couple of pics from phone memory to the card earlier, so it appears to be functioning normally and show ~7.5 Gb free. But I'm stumped at the moment as to how to fix this problem.

Edit: I hit the exit button on the phone and it disconnected. I reconnected via USB Mass Storage and this time it said the device drivers installed correctly and I can see the card from the PC.

Disregard the first part of the msg. Sorry 'bout that. It seems to be working fine now.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Quote Originally Posted by sapasion
    It would be hard to quantify easier and faster using a card reader versus just the data cable. I think its easier to use the data cable its just plug and go. No popping the micro SD in and out. Now keeping track of the card reader, etc. As for speed, depending on the read write speed of the card reader it might be negligible over the data cable anyway. The true bottom line however is a 8gb microsdhc card can be had for about $15 and thats a steal of a deal for that much storage space. While its true the Dare can accomodate a 16gb microsdhc for $50+ I think 8gb is enough for most especially at less than 1/3 the price of a 16gb. Forget not the 1500 pix limitation and 2000 song limitation as well if considering a 16gb card that you might not even fill up half way
    Agreed. It takes me longer to find my reader than it does to load via cable . That does not include turning off phone to take the card out then wait for phone to power back up after installing plus DRM music will not play when direct loaded.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It is not necessary to power down the phone merely to swap out the microsdhc thats part of the beauty of flash memory its truly plug and play

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do you turn on mass storage mode on the Dare? My old SanDisc 2GB card died and erased everything on it so I bought a PNY 4GB card. I can format it on my phone but neither of my computers can detect it.... well it'll pop up when I open My Computer but when I click it to access it it says please insert a disk into drive x. WTF?? I'm no moron when it comes to this stuff but this makes absolutely no sense.
    Nothing happens to the economy until a sale is made. So quit trying to get everything for free. -JD

I got no time that I got to get to where I don't need to be. -Jack Johnson

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you do: Setting and Tools/Tools/USB Mass storage?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast