Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Thread: Samsung Instinct Web/WAP Settings (working 100%)

Device(s)
    Nexus S 4G
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel1183 View Post
    Ironically after finally getting my internet working after weeks of not having any, I tried to get the MMS (Picture messaging) working with bitpim and it deleted EVERYTHING. My contacts, games, apps, settings, and even my metro flash. Now it's ready for Sprint again. I don't feel like going through the hassle of having it flashed, getting internet working, and downloading all my apps again. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced, already flashed Blackberry storm soon. >:
    I dont think it would erase your MetroFlash. If the ESN has been added to MetroPCS's inventory, its going to still work. You need CDMA Workshop to reupload the PRL, and then unlock the phone by setting the SPL code to 000000. Once you do that, go into Dialer mode and dial ##000000# and enter your SPL there. Then simply, enter your MetroPCS Number, and then enter your MSID. Phone resets, whoopie. You're phones back on metro.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR CONTACTS VIA BLUETOOTH OR WRITE THEM DOWN, Using BitPim or QPST with the instinct WILL delete contacts once you save.

(P.S I am also trying to get MMS woking.)

Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info MSR4. I've used bit pim and QPST before to install games and apps. After it happened I remembered that I didn't have any contacts when I first used it. This was about a year ago so I had completely forgotten about them wiping the phone out.

I had the Settings on my other computer on how to make MMS work. I downloaded a folder with a program and a bunch of files but didn't know exactly what to do with them. That's when I wiped my phone clean. I purchased a Blackberry Storm 1 and had it flashed today. It already came with working internet and MMS so I'll probably just sell my old Instinct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel1183 View Post
    I didn't mention it because those directions are for Androids only. Did you have working internet before?

You only use that website to get your MSL Number which is your new password. It replaces the old internet password which was "Metropcs".
    GOT IT!! I was entering the code in SPI MN-HA and AAA LMAO!!(I can do that now) but anyways this is the part were I turn into a donkey. But anyways thanks alot man.

Feedback Score
    Have any of you guys been able to use a flashed Instinct as a modem?

Feedback Score
    Hey all...noob to the site obviously. I dl the 2 programs that would possibly be needed to make the changes to the instinct. Web works great. Now I want to do more. If thats possible. MMS still isn't working no picture mail. Any suggestions

Feedback Score
    Dennis,
    I did all settings but only get connection failed. Am I missing something?

Adam

Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.hooks View Post
    Dennis,
    I did all settings but only get connection failed. Am I missing something?

Adam
    Did you try this?

I got it. Took me a few hours of searching but I found the info. If you had internet working on your Instinct and it just recently stopped working, this should fix it. Try this at your own risk.

1) Go to http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/
    2) Enter your "DEC" Number next to the calculate button (You can find this behind your battery)
    3) Hit Calculate and you will get 4 sets of numbers. The one under "MetroPCS MSL" is your new password.
    4) Write down the number or keep the page open.
    5) Turn on your phone and press ##3282#.
    6) Press User Name
    7) Enter your new password under AAA Password and HA Password and click done.

This should have fixed your recent internet issues.

Feedback Score
    ive tried doing this also.. and losing hope.. ive tried youtube, and loaded the qpst thing to my comp.. did different walk threws, going in the ##data#, ##brew#, and they even said hit *228 and made it go into roaming.. (not sure how that would help, but i still tried in hopes of) i have even learned the steps, and what i should type into each place by mem.. BUT STILL NO LUCK, i get the same error msg's that "bruisedknuk" gets.. ive tried to access the web through favs, adding cnn, yahoo, amazon, & no luck, tried through games>apps>download & no luck, tried through ##brew# (browser, & sde_app) no luck, when i did the sde_app, then hit the HTTP option, and then browse, my phone froze, and rebooted.. tried doing the web again.. and nothing still.. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! i to am determined, and will not give up till i have the net on my instinct flashed by metropcs... i even did the whiterabbit site, and still getting CONNECTION LOST.. also i tried 2 different IPs from the 010.223.018 to the other one that is 010.223.002.004 both no luck... pls help once again.. thanks!
    Last edited by juand72; 02-14-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: needed to add more info

Feedback Score
    Hi guys im new on this and....... i need do know how to flash the instinc to metropcs

Feedback Score

Help

hello I have ran in to the same issue as you I was able to set my MSL code to zero's but now when i hock up to QPST it is saying the same thing can't right to phone another application has locked the phone have you fond a fix for this i would really appreceate the help

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60