Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Instinct Web/WAP Settings (working 100%)

Feedback Score
    Demon and WHiteymack, I am on the first step and have the phone connected to QPST but it is not reading the phone or showing it is connected. What could be the problem here? Whitemack, i previously sent you a message on your cricket forum under midiology. The phone is connected properly to the pc as i am able to dowload my music to my card. Could it be i do not have the moden drivers installed on the phone? if so, where can i download them? when i bought my phone it did not come with it, just the cable. please help. thanks a bunch!

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone hear know if Metro will activate an Instinct w/BAD ESN from another carrier or do they even care

Feedback Score
    To my knowledge it doesn't matter if it had a bad esn on the other carrier because its going to get flashed to metro...but I would ask someone that knows...call metro CC and see what they tell you...matter fact ask a good amount of people..don't rely on just one person

Feedback Score
    why would it ever matter to another carrier, No it does not matter. please dont hijack this thread with that question. u can search and find out. I just dont like reading 10 pages of useless information on this subject.

thx

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smackd40
    why would it ever matter to another carrier, No it does not matter. please dont hijack this thread with that question. u can search and find out. I just dont like reading 10 pages of useless information on this subject.

thx
    I asked because there seemed to be some knowledgable people in this thread, and I did search and I wanted to get as much advice as possible before I make a purchase and I'm stuck with something I can't use but I'm done with it now, thank you for you help

Device(s)
    Samsung SPH-M800 Instinct
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    You have an old version of QSTP..
    Happened to me too.

I have version 2.7 build 264.

Ill get a link for yall

Quote Originally Posted by tcklmeemi
    Demon and WHiteymack, I am on the first step and have the phone connected to QPST but it is not reading the phone or showing it is connected. What could be the problem here? Whitemack, i previously sent you a message on your cricket forum under midiology. The phone is connected properly to the pc as i am able to dowload my music to my card. Could it be i do not have the moden drivers installed on the phone? if so, where can i download them? when i bought my phone it did not come with it, just the cable. please help. thanks a bunch!

Feedback Score

Error. network busy

i tried these settings in my Metro instinct,but keep giving me error saying "network busy", anyone has any idea. i noticed everytime i write setting to phone. the password "metropcs" is deleted. i have the 50 plan, any ideas??

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I downloaded that version. Then i manually put in the port which was Com4 according to the device manager under my computer then hardware tabs and ports and showed me the com#. so i got that part down now. But now after all my phone files come up in efs explorer. i then go to service programming to read the phone it gives me a error message saying. "Another application has already locked this phone cannot wirte to phone until other application releases its lock". now previously to me doing all this i was already able to reset my MSL code to 000000. What does this mean? am i doing something wrong? or do i need to redo the reading of my MSL code? Someone please help me! I been on this for weeks now trying to get internet on my phone. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    ok, im almost there! I see in the directions you said go to the m.ip tab but i do not see one! I see the ppp config tab and changed everything there but do not see where the m.ip tab is. where should i be looking?

Feedback Score

Cool Wooow

Thank You All, My Web Is Working Finally.. I Followed The Steps One By One. But I Couldn't Write Them To The Phone. So I Did It 5 Times, Write To Phone,let It Reboots, And Then Write Them Again, Now It Is Working Greet. Thank You All. But I Was Expecting The Navigation To Work.

Device(s)
    Samsung SPH-M800 Instinct
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    The m.ip tab is right to the left of the ppp config tab.

Quote Originally Posted by tcklmeemi
    ok, im almost there! I see in the directions you said go to the m.ip tab but i do not see one! I see the ppp config tab and changed everything there but do not see where the m.ip tab is. where should i be looking?

--------

Here is QPST 2.7 BUILD 301

http://rapidshare.com/files/16341976..._Build_301.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/163719193/QXDM31136.rar
    Last edited by instinctdude; 11-19-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Feedback Score

Samsung Instinct Metro Pcs

I Have A Question... I Have A New Instinct, Never Activated. I When I Activated It With Metro And Wrote All The Settings. When I Go To The Web It Pops Up A Window Saying Preparing Data Services And Then It Give Me An Error Saying Profile Update Could Not Be Completed. Any Ideas?

Feedback Score
    Hi I too I have followed all these steps but I keep getting "Error: Requested content 'www.cnn.com/' cannot be accessed. You do not have access to the site." does anyone know how to fix this?

I am on the $45 plan so I don't know what I did wrong?

Device(s)
    "I can put mobile web on your pager."
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

"You do not have access to this site." is GOOD!

"You do not have access to this site." is my favorite error message, because if you are seeing that error, your wap/web is working! Your account is just a little jacked, but easily fixed.

Quick HowTO:
    1) visit http://wap.cricket.motricity.com 2) click Email 3) click Gmail 4) which goes to special page to add web/wap to your account, which will remove the error (sometimes takes 5-30min to take effect)

Full HowTO:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...1&postcount=59

Also keep in mind,
    the "45/mo including mobile-web" plan was introduced a few months ago, and is different from the old 45/mo plan, which didn't include web. You have to call cricket and ask them to switch you to the new 45/mo plan, if you want to get free web.. even if you were already using the old "45/mo" plan.

Feedback Score

Mines is not working...

Quote Originally Posted by demon510
    I got some of the info from Cricket Phone Talk courtesy of midiology:

Step 1.

Remove your MicroSD card and plug the phone into your PC via USB cable then open QPST (QPST Configuration, then go to Start Clients and select Service Programming) and then read the phone.

Once you read the phone, go to the m.ip tab and change from mobile ip to simple ip. Then look at the first 2 user profiles under m.ip open each one up and change the Nai to [email protected], for both standard and tethered...
    remove any ip address that you find in these 2 profiles. and remove any other profiles except the first 2.
    also make sure both of them say enabled.

Now go to ppp config tab...
    look at the tabs that say um and an... under these 2 tabs,, the user id should be [email protected] tethered id should be the same,, password is metropcs in lowercase on both tabs, remove any dns ip address you find in either tab also. just make sure all ip address are blank.

once you are completed with this make sure you write to the phone and move on to the next step..

Step 2.

click on phone icon (on the phone)
    click on the dialer..
    enter ##3282#
    click user name
    click edit
    enter your spc which should already be 000000 by now

Here are the settings:
    User Name "[email protected]"
    SPI MN-HA "1234"
    SPI MN-AAA "1234"
    M Home Address "000.000.000.000"
    Prim Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
    Sec Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
    Rev Tunneling "Off"
    AAA Password "metropcs"
    HA Password "metropcs"

click done and allow the phone to reboot...

Step 3.

Now do ##3282# again.. this time go to browser
    click edit
    enter spc
    youll see gateway1 and gateway2, under both of these
    you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s for both gateways to 10.221.18.134,, they will all be the same ip address,, and set the Port 3128 and secure Port 443 for all gatways to ,, hit done and reboot.

Also this should work on quite a few other Sprint phones,,
    This is what I do for a living at the wireless company I work for,, and so far it has worked on Samsung upstage, Instinct,, Sanyo katana, and many others,,,

I have this working on my Instinct and if you have any questions please let me know via this thread.

Dennis

Mines is not working and now I am not getting service anymore since I did that.

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast