Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The Official SE C905A Thread

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedLegacy
    I was told debranding phone would cure this, but post below contradicts this....

happen to have a source for this one? I would LOVE to not have to Allow Access every damn time, lol

Here this the cop and paste from the FAQ:

http://www.opera.com/mini/help/faq/

How to set permissions in signed versions of Opera Mini
    As of Opera Mini 4.1, we will offer signed versions along with unsigned. The advantage of the signed version is that you can change permission settings to less restrictive permissions. The end result is that you will get fewer permission dialogs for e.g., file and network access.

How to set permissions for Opera Mini varies a lot among different phones, but we will give you a few examples:

In general, you have to locate the folder where Opera Mini 4.1 is. Then you have to highlight Opera Mini 4.1 and press an options/menu button.
    Sony Ericsson: Highlight Opera Mini 4.1, click "More", then "Permissions". Here you can set "Read user data" and "Write user data" which are used by Opera Mini 4.1.
    Nokia (Series 40 3.0): Highlight Opera Mini 4.1, click "Options", then "App. access", then "Data access". Here you can edit "Read user data" and "Add and edit data" which are used by Opera Mini 4.1.
    Please note that we are not offering signed versions for Palm and BlackBerry (with a few exceptions).

Device(s)
    P110
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlo8
    Here this the cop and paste from the FAQ:

http://www.opera.com/mini/help/faq/

In general, you have to locate the folder where Opera Mini 4.1 is. Then you have to highlight Opera Mini 4.1 and press an options/menu button.
    Sony Ericsson: Highlight Opera Mini 4.1, click "More", then "Permissions". Here you can set "Read user data" and "Write user data" which are used by Opera Mini 4.1.
    Actually this method will not work- I guess ATT locks out this option in the permissions menu.

However, I figured out the trick... go to the mini opera site and choose the link, "If this version fails to install..." Then choose to download the English version with multiple certificates. Works like a charm, no more prompting!

Device(s)
    Sprint SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ATT gives the options under "Internet Access" as "No" and "Always Ask"....
    ATT = The Suck

I'm trying this trick now.... crossing fingers...........

and....

upon trying to go to another site it prompted me "Allow Internet Access" as "Yes"... "Yes, Ask Once" and "No"

Selected "Yes, Ask Once" and WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!!!!

Below is the rundown of my facial expressions in order while doing the above...

wxman = my new God.... ok, until someone else comes out with another tip of this magnatude, lol
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Marble White Sprint Galaxy S III
    ROM: Stock
    Mods: Rooted & Debloated
    Launcher: TSF Shell / Apex Launcher Pro / Launcher Plus PRO
    Screen Protector: iloome Tempered Glass White
    Battery/Case: ZeroLemon 7000mAh w/ Black & White TPU Cases

**Always looking for another Jabra BT8010, Hit me up!**

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok, well "Yes, Ask Once" does one prompt per session.... reinstalling and will say just "Yes"

ok, well having some difficulties getting it to ask me that again, oh well... once is better than EVERY TIME, lol

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman
    Actually this method will not work- I guess ATT locks out this option in the permissions menu.

However, I figured out the trick... go to the mini opera site and choose the link, "If this version fails to install..." Then choose to download the English version with multiple certificates. Works like a charm, no more prompting!

Oh, yeah, that is right, that was the method I used before. Thanks for clarifying .

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    my love for this phone keeps growing.... now my wife is jealous and wants a new camera! lol she has a 5MP pocket camera and 8mp SLR, lmao. My phone has more megapixils than either of her cameras! lol

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know of a bluetooth keyboard driver for SE phones? Something that would work on C905? Every once in a while it would be nice to have. I am pretty sure it could added as a j2me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    sorry bro, this is out of my league.... yet to try a bluetooth keyboard

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hey all, not sure if this has been discussed already in the 25 pages of posts!

i recently debranded my c905 and went to try and type an SMS.
    however, when i go to the "write new" menu only three options appear.
    Email

When i enter the Message screen, it's the MMS interface. I can't write SMS anymore?

Is there a way to get this back? or is the "Message" considered SMS until you add media to the message?

HELP! thanks in advance

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    hell, my branded only has Message and Voice Message... email/mms/sms are all lumped as Message until you tell it an email addy or add a pic/etc

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    cool. thanks for the clarification.

after i debranded it, the model no longer shows "C905a" but just "C905"
    this shouldn't matter should it?

everything is working at what i assume is 3g speeds. since i get the 3g icon....

the only thing that doesn't work is youtube. it won't stream / play back videos.

... any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Device(s)
    C905a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (ugh)
    Feedback Score
    that question has been answered many times, as for 905 vs 905a I don't think it matters unless you're trying to access your carrier's specific stuff, but that might just be for AT&T here in the states.

Feedback Score
    I just Debranded my c905a using Davinci. I did not put back the at&t settings. I only wanted to use the wifi . When I found a wifi connection, I selected it. Then I went back to the internet icon, and opened the browser window. But when I typed in to do a serach, I get a message asking if I want to download some settings. Is this used for wifi, or am I being ask to set up the at&t media again, where I will be charged to use data?I am new to this, and I don't no all the tec jargon. I have read a lot in differant boards trying to get this information, without any luck. Would someone be so kind to walk me thru using the wifi as a first time user, after having Debranded a c905a

Device(s)
    C905a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (ugh)
    Feedback Score
    you need at least a dummy data account with false / empty values

Device(s)
    c905a
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fini
    cool. thanks for the clarification.

after i debranded it, the model no longer shows "C905a" but just "C905"
    this shouldn't matter should it?

everything is working at what i assume is 3g speeds. since i get the 3g icon....

the only thing that doesn't work is youtube. it won't stream / play back videos.

... any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    for youtube you might try dropping this customize_upgrade.xml into tpa/preset/custom

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    - <customization>
    - <streaming>
    <firewall-traversal-interval>15000</firewall-traversal-interval>
    </streaming>
    </customization>

seems to have worked for some.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast