Thread: Blackberry Data Connection Uptime Question...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(Nov. '07 - Present)
    Feedback Score

Blackberry Data Connection Uptime Question...

...from a prospective buyer. I'm thinking about buying a Blackberry and I'm asking how often [if at all] do you Blackberry users lose your data connection even if momentarily? I used to have a Sidekick LX and it would lose it's data connection at least once a day and it drove me crazy. For what it's worth, I was in New York City when I had my Sidekick so I was never more than a half mile from the nearest cell tower yet I still lost my data connection at least once daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaekidd1012
    The Nokia E71: It turns you into an ***hole
    100th POST @ 3/27/08
    500th POST @ 2/08/09
    1000th POST @ 5/06/09

I haven't thought up a good new siggy yet so I'm gonna use this!

Device(s)
    'berry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Pink
    Feedback Score
    unless you happen upon a bad device (rare) or a serious troublespot (possible, but unlikely) 'berrys are known for being solid and with steady connections.

there have been issues with select OS versions, but that is usually corrected quickly. when this happens with a new OS version you can simply install (downgrade to) the previous, more stable version.

widespread outages have happened but rarely last more than a few hours (BRICK TUEDAY!!). scheduled downtimes are announced well in advance and typically are scheduled for the early hours of a non-holiday sunday morning.

be sue to browse BlackBerry Forums and PINStack for plenty of good info

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(Nov. '07 - Present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penk
    unless you happen upon a bad device (rare) or a serious troublespot (possible, but unlikely) 'berrys are known for being solid and with steady connections.

there have been issues with select OS versions, but that is usually corrected quickly. when this happens with a new OS version you can simply install (downgrade to) the previous, more stable version.

widespread outages have happened but rarely last more than a few hours (BRICK TUEDAY!!). scheduled downtimes are announced well in advance and typically are scheduled for the early hours of a non-holiday sunday morning.

be sue to browse BlackBerry Forums and PINStack for plenty of good info
    Thanks, man! I'd assume that the Blackberries would have a strong, stable data connection given they're business-oriented devices but that can sometimes prove to simply be wishful thinking. After having a Sidekick, I can relate a bit better to the pain felt by Blackberry users when there is an outage LOL!

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Rarely run into any issues with data on my BB.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work