Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Moto T720: Customizing and links

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

t720i Ringtone

Anyone have the ringtone "Answer the Phone" in midi file.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ackbor... and chrysxtel

ackbor:
    Unlocking a phone allows you to remove the lock places on it by a carrier. For example, when you purchase through AT&T, the phone is most likely locked to only be used on their network. This allows them to sell the phone at a low price.

If your phone was purchased, unbranded (it doesn't say it's for a specific carrier, and just from Motorola), then, in most likely cases, your phone is NOT locked to a carrier... The only real way to tell is to get a friend using a different carrier, and put their SIM in your phone.

chrysxtel:
    To find all the MIDIs you want, go to the NEXTEL forums. There's a whole section dedicated to MIDI ringtones and wallpapers... The Sugar Ray song (if that's the one you want), is probably in there... If not, use Yahoo...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The rintones I am looking for is an OEM ringer on the T720I, I dont think it would be there.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Umm.. no?

There is no "Answer the Phone" ringtone in the T720i phone. Trust me, I have about 7 of them...

If you're talking about the VOICE "RINGTONE" - that is NOT available on the GSM models, I believe that only comes with the Verizon version, which is a T720 CDMA phone, and does not use JAVA (it uses Qualcomm's BREW platform)...

That's a DIFFERENT PHONE...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh OK thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

HELP

when I open the Ems manager I get a message saying that it has performed an illegal operation. can someone please help!

Thanks

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

CK...

Do you have the latest version of EMS Mgr from the website?

Have you tried running it on a different computer?

Which Windows OS are you running?

Do you have any applications running in the background - have you tried to close them off?

What's the exact error (if you can cut/paste it here)...

Feedback Score

Re: go through the thread again...

Originally posted by mjpcomp
    You missed out on a few things if you skimmed...

You need PST (it's mentioned in the very first post)... Except, you'll need ver 6... And Midway
    I also have a Motorola T722i (T-Mobile). So as long as I have PST6, Midway and EMS Manager, the process would be the same as w/ a T720?

BTW... are there any risks in doing this? & if so, what are the chances/causes of something going wrong?

One more thing... anybody know where to find Java Apps/Games for the Motorola T722i? I've been able to find everything else just great. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

j4y

Yes, you are correct...

As far as games and whatnot... Check out the Nextel forums... tons of stuff there (most will work.... some need a few lines modified in the package)

Feedback Score

Re: mjpcomp

Originally posted by mjpcomp
    Yes, you are correct...

As far as games and whatnot... Check out the Nextel forums... tons of stuff there (most will work.... some need a few lines modified in the package)
    thanks for the timely response... a couple more questions...
    i found this thread in the nextel forum (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...light=%2Bgames). So most of the apps/games found here (for the i95, i think), would work on the T722i? If so, which lines would I need to modify? Also, the apps/games for the T720 would also work w/ the T722i? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Guest411; 08-31-2003 at 07:10 PM.

Feedback Score

More ?'s

What are the requirements for Ringtones (KB, Length), Games (KB), Apps (KB) & Wallpapers (KB, Pixels ) to be placed on your phone?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    nevermind, i got the problem fixed. thanks anyway! but i have another question, can i use webjal or ijal with my motorola t721

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ck, j4y...

JAL is only for the iDen line of products... So, no, you cannot (unless there's a new one out, or a modded one, which I haven't heard of).

j4y:
    Scan the forums for specs... Remember, there's a LIMITED amount of room on your phone (memory)...
    Wallpaper/SS: 120x160 (you can use 256 colors to keep it in check, I think the screen is 4,096 colors)

For the java apps... when you try to use Midway, you'll get a message about the lines in question.. remove them

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mjpcomp, thanks for the info

Feedback Score

HELP!

Okay, so I used PST6 to read my phone & made an EMS backup. I added ringtones to the file, & wrote teh new EMS to my phone, but now all the original ringtones instead of displaying the original names are ~001, ~002, ~003 and so forth. How can I change it back? I already tried master reset, but that didn't work.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast