Thread: thoughts on some posts

Feedback Score

thoughts on some posts

I have only been back to Sprint for a short time. I come to this site to find out how to set thing up and correct stuff I have messed up on the phone, I have read many of the posts and some posters just seem full of it. It seem a lot of people are only looking for ways to screw the company, get something for nothing, complain to EVERYONE if something the got for free for 6 years got taken away or if they are on hold for 2 minutes with CS. Yes I have called CS with questions, yes I was on hold but not for very long, One girl did seem confused but she tried and we figured it out in the long run. People, every cell phone companies have dead spots someplace. I far as I can see Sprint gives way more for the price than the others. They all have their gimmicks . Alltel my circle. Verizon no roaming and IN, Att roll over. They all have problems too. Alltel, watching that little triangle to see if roaming, Verizon no early nights and other problems, ATT spotty coverage, I had Alltel, liked them. Just not sure what will happen to My Circle and without it they cost way more then Sprint for same features. I have had go around with their CS over charges on my bill one department told me they could see the mistake and correct it and the next month still on and next CS said no way it could have happened even though she saw the notes from Network on what had happened. I am not talking $5 charges either. Took months to fix it. Some it seem just need to get a life. IF you hate Sprint so much go some place else. Some on here start out like I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years and every month they screw me over. Yea Right!! If it is true you must be stupid to still be here after 12 years.Like I sad they all have their problem I think some just want to have something to complain about

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (current)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pepster2
    . It seem a lot of people are only looking for ways to screw the company, get something for nothing, complain to EVERYONE if something the got for free for 6 years got taken away or if they are on hold for 2 minutes with CS.
    I can agree that people trying to get something for nothing is pretty messed up, but in many respects, a lot of the blame rests squarely on Sprint. No matter how you slice it, Sprint spent the last couple of years trying to retain people through loss-leading gimmicks. SERO was the big one, for instance. Unfortunately, these gimmicks weren't sustainable in the long term, but it really made people feel jipped when these gimmicks got taken away from them.

Considering people have been made to expect something for nothing when dealing with Sprint, I can't totally blame them for being upset when they don't get it.

Left: iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (My Phone: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11320/330; U; en))

If people choose their service based on gimmicks and specials and calling up Retentions and arguing about discounts they should never have to begin with, then they shouldn't complain when they're gone.
    I am only on SERO because it costs about what I was paying on Boost for more features(data speeds, mostly), so I can understand wanting a good deal, but if Sprint's coverage or overall network quality sucked, I wouldn't be here. I think the same can be said for the "12 year" customers...If it was really that bad, they'd have ditched after the first contract.
    If it's not bad enough to cancel, then why complain?
    iHate the iPhone

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1) It seem a lot of people are only looking for ways to screw the company, get something for nothing, complain to EVERYONE if something the got for free for 6 years got taken away . . . .

2) Some it seem just need to get a life. IF you hate Sprint so much go some place else.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    1) This is a forum, a place for knowledge. There are tips and tricks to get the best deals we possibly can. If you're so averse to that idea, why don't YOU leave? No one's forcing you to come onto this website and read what you consider blasphemy.

2) Why don't YOU get a life? You must have a lot of free time to be making long-winded posts complaining about other people.

Say what you want; at the end of the day, nothing you have said will affect anything. Day will turn into night, and forum-goers will discuss how they can "screw the wireless industry." I will continue to tether for free, add the Roam Only feature to my Mogul, and do all sorts of other crazy things! And there's nothing you can do to stop me! By the way, there's a "Rant/Raves" sub-forum for this kind of post.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqual
    Wirelessly posted (My Phone: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11320/330; U; en))

If people choose their service based on gimmicks and specials and calling up Retentions and arguing about discounts they should never have to begin with, then they shouldn't complain when they're gone.
    I am only on SERO because it costs about what I was paying on Boost for more features(data speeds, mostly), so I can understand wanting a good deal, but if Sprint's coverage or overall network quality sucked, I wouldn't be here. I think the same can be said for the "12 year" customers...If it was really that bad, they'd have ditched after the first contract.
    Amen. There is hope for society yet.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Feedback Score
    honestly sprint isn't bad. no complaining.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    You're kidding, right? If nobody "complained" then everything would be perfect and there'd be no room or need for Sprint to improve anything.
    Customers laying down constructive critism on a company is what helps that company figure out what's wrong (almost all of us have said sprint has bad CS - and sprint has finally started listening) and in what direction their customers (that's us by the way - the ones keeping them in business) want them to move in.

To the OP - do you think you are speaking on Sprint's behalf? Would Sprint approve of you, a customer, telling OTHER customers to "leave"? Come on.. if you love them so much and want to keep the kissing up, you shouldn't be telling other customers to leave. Sprint doesn't need any help losing customers! They lose a million a quarter on average. There are reasons for this and if everything was perfect at sprint we'd be seeing results like ATT and Verizon continually get - and that's CUSTOMER GROWTH. Sprint's numbers would look pretty good every quarter, if there wasn't a negative sign in front of the number of customers.

And since you think so many of us here are out to "screw sprint" how about sprint screwing us?
    They went from unlimited data to a 5gb crippled cap.. and kept the price the same. We lost the PC music download companions.
    We are losing our sprint pcs mail.
    Sprint's "flagship" model, the Instinct, FORCES you on to an everything plan and yet, you can't even use everything.. the web browser sucks, there's no instant messenger (though they have no problem forcing you to pay for unlimited messaging anyway!) and the support it's next to zero. Look at the official sprint instinct forums and you'll see where most of us stand.

Having said that, I'm staying with Sprint and I'll speak my mind just like you. You are no better or no worse than any of the rest of us here, so don't try and act like you are. It's a public messageboard with a broad variety of personalities and views, if you see a post you don't like there's one real easy solution to it - don't click on it.

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    . . . I have read many of the posts and some posters just seem full of it. It seem a lot of people are only looking for ways to screw the company, get something for nothing . . .

. . . . I have had go around with their CS . . .

. . .Took months to fix it.
    Beginning about 6 months ago I refuse to accept any more freebies from Sprint as apologies for their screw-ups. Reps are always very embrrassed when they are unable to fix a problem and I refuse to accept a freebie instead of a solution.

Yes Sprint is CHEAP. But I need my phones to WORK, my account to be correct, and Sprint to not lose my payments.

One reason for refusing to accept freebies is that I don't want to make *ANY* changes to my account. Any freebie or other change frequently results in problems on the account. The freebie is often not worth the effort it takes to get the problem fixed .

And *NO* I don't want another freebie to make up for the problems that the last freebie caused.