Thread: Javelin would be TMO only perfect phone?

Device(s)
    BB BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Javelin would be TMO only perfect phone?

Reading in all the forums about the G1 quirks and after seeing this video review

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sams...o-pv_2607.html

... I am frustrated... Is the Javelin the only phone worth waiting for and doesnt even has 3g ?
    Just Me...

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    the problem is: G1 platform is still greenie, that's why
    89xx has better cam (same as Storm), it's supposed to be Curve successor

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by serrano_yejo
    Reading in all the forums about the G1 quirks and after seeing this video review

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sams...o-pv_2607.html

... I am frustrated... Is the Javelin the only phone worth waiting for and doesnt even has 3g ?
    hm. no qwerty. no 3g. Why is it worth waiting for?

(and I'm quite happy with my G1)

Device(s)
    BB BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Exclamation No Qwerty?

Quote Originally Posted by johnkzin
    hm. no qwerty. no 3g. Why is it worth waiting for?

(and I'm quite happy with my G1)
    http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/0...tion-and-more/

Feedback Score
    The Curve II (Javelin) isnt going to be exclusive to anyone. I would expect every carrier that has the Curve (pretty much every GSM carrier) to get the 8900 eventually.

T-Mobile is targeting a q109 launch, AT&T might try to beat them to the punch and launch it this year, but who knows?

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    im waiting for the Javelin, yes im disappointed by no 3G but it has GPS + WIFI this time plus 256MB memory which is like 4x what the Curve has, better screen than the Bold. Much faster processor, OS 4.6. There are alot of advantages of it over the Curve, Im about 99% sure thats gonna be my next phone.
    “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

― George Orwell

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^I'm with "money69" I am very excited about this phone, no 3G? That doesn't matter to me because i'm about to move to a 3G-less market....

Jeff
    HoFo Feedback

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(Nov. '07 - Present)
    Feedback Score
    Faster processor? 256 MBs of memory? Wi-Fi? GPS? I think I'm sold! Doesn't sound too bad for what will be my first Blackberry. Besides, sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for T-Mobile to release a GOOD WinMO phone [to replace my Wing and because it's growing long in the tooth] is getting old. Q1 '09 is good for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaekidd1012
    The Nokia E71: It turns you into an ***hole
    100th POST @ 3/27/08
    500th POST @ 2/08/09
    1000th POST @ 5/06/09

I haven't thought up a good new siggy yet so I'm gonna use this!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by money69
    im waiting for the Javelin, yes im disappointed by no 3G but it has GPS + WIFI this time plus 256MB memory which is like 4x what the Curve has, better screen than the Bold. Much faster processor, OS 4.6. There are alot of advantages of it over the Curve, Im about 99% sure thats gonna be my next phone.

I feel the same, but since I never used 3g I'm not spoiled by it (yet...). However, the specs I saw doesn't say it...does anyone know if the javelin will be a uma/[email protected] phone? This is pretty much my biggest deal breaker in phone selections now since I work in a cell signal blackhole :-(
    ATT 3G Mercury DataStick

73's
    K4VKS

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MajSingh
    I feel the same, but since I never used 3g I'm not spoiled by it (yet...). However, the specs I saw doesn't say it...does anyone know if the javelin will be a uma/[email protected] phone? This is pretty much my biggest deal breaker in phone selections now since I work in a cell signal blackhole :-(

The Javelin, like the Curve, has wi-fi so I'd imagine it'll be a UMA phone just like the Curve.It wouldn't make any sense to me for T-Mobile to not make their version a UMA-compatible one.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Add me to the list of people that are excited for the Javelin to be released. I will be renewing my second line's contract to get it. I am very pleased with my Curve and personally, I don't need 3G and I don't want to pay for it either. EDGE is perfectly fine with me. I text message a lot, on average 3-5K messages per month so I like having a big screen and full keyboard.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s+ [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8820 (WiFi/UMA/GPS)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile w/ [email protected]
    Feedback Score
    Let me put it this way. The Javelin (new Curve) is the only thing keeping me with T-Mobile right now. Their phone selection is pathetic, especially compared to the other carriers. And I wont even get into 3G coverage.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup
    Let me put it this way. The Javelin (new Curve) is the only thing keeping me with T-Mobile right now. Their phone selection is pathetic, especially compared to the other carriers. And I wont even get into 3G coverage.
    Phone selection doesn't bother me, I'm after service when I choose a carrier. Been with T-Mo since '01 and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. 3G rollout has been ridiculously slow as I'm sure everyone knows. Personally - I don't need nor want to pay for 3G so it doesn't bother me. Luckily other carriers have substantial 3G networks so if it is an important factor, the consumer definitely has other, better choices.

Honestly though, if price was not a factor I'd be on Verizon with some kind of unlimited text/data plan. Sprint is a sinking ship and I don't like the call quality of AT&T's GSM network so it'd be an easy choice if I ever did switch from T-Mo

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The 8900 Curve will also be my next upgrade! The long wait is almost coming to an end.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Can't wait for this Curve to come out! I'm paying my next two bills up in advance to make sure I get my hands on this thing!