Thread: Questions about pricing

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Questions about pricing

I got a new Curve delivered today from T-Mobile and I'm still trying to understand what is included in my $19.99 Blackberry Unlimited Package (Unlimited email and web browsing).

I've read on other threads and sites that instant messaging programs like "Google Talk for Blackberry" uses the data plan rather than SMS. My question is, will I get charged for downloading the program and then using data to transmit instant messages? I'm confused with the wording of "Unlimited web browsing", is that the same thing as unlimited data? When I was signing up for the plan, I never saw an "unlimited data" plan. Unfortunately, customer support wasn't able to give me a answer on this...

Cheers!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The $19.99 BB add-on will cover all your data use. So yes, apps like GTalk that uses data will be covered under the add-on. The only thing that is not included are text messages.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry that the question was so basic and dumb but thanks a lot for your response, I really appreciate it!

Device(s)
    'berry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Pink
    Feedback Score
    welcome to your 'berry!

be sure to check out the RIM forum here at HoFo. not always tmo-specific, but some good info.

also, Blackberry Forums and PINStack are both great communities with helpful folk and vast knowledge bases.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've already had a chance to upgrade my OS and play around with some new applications thanks to the various forums here.

I'll also be sure to check out PINStack because I somehow haven't found or had a chance to check it out yet.

Thank you!