Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 391

Thread: Meet the Motorola "i9", formerly the "Cabo" and "i890" [Low RAM/56kbps killer!]

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    295
    Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer03
    I see a DEC number on the sticker..hmmmm
    Mind if I ask what that means?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fulton
    Posts
    727
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well...on iDEN only handsets, there is an MSN (Serial Number) and an IMEI. On CDMA phones there is a DEC ESN and a HEX ESN.....well....the i9 has a DEC ESN...Hybrids have an DEC ESN, MSN, and IMEI.

    So....

    it's confusing to me....unless it's a sleeper hybrid.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dade County, Florida
    Posts
    6,259
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Gomer,

    I sincerely DOUBT that this is actually a hybrid. With the POSSIBLE (and more than likely) upcoming sale of the iDEN network, offering a phone such as this in the form of a hybrid would only complicate efforts to de-integrate everything between iDEN and CDMA once a sale happens. As far the DEC sticker/number, I don't know what to tell you, I still doubt it, but who knows, I could be wrong.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

    FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    1,407
    Device(s)
    Motorola i1
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    0
    No way is this a CDMA phone in any way shape fashion or form, look at the FCC filing https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...uestTimeout=30. No CDMA frequencies. Pure iDEN goodness. Can't wait.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dade County, Florida
    Posts
    6,259
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by AMPS_ROCKS
    No way is this a CDMA phone in any way shape fashion or form, look at the FCC filing https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...uestTimeout=30. No CDMA frequencies. Pure iDEN goodness. Can't wait.
    Ah AMPS! Good to see you back around these parts here bro!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    1,407
    Device(s)
    Motorola i1
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Ah AMPS! Good to see you back around these parts here bro!
    Thanks buddy

    I've been lurking but haven't had much to post about. I've been on the fence about jumping to AT&T due mostly to crappy reception for a while but about a month ago they flipped a switch or something because things went from terrible to excellent around here. Its actually as good as pre-merger Nextel, and I don't say that lightly. So when I saw the i9 pop up on the FCC...I just knew I had to have it lol.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    215
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    "You never learn anything if you never try anything." -Anonymous

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fulton
    Posts
    727
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Gomer,

    I sincerely DOUBT that this is actually a hybrid. With the POSSIBLE (and more than likely) upcoming sale of the iDEN network, offering a phone such as this in the form of a hybrid would only complicate efforts to de-integrate everything between iDEN and CDMA once a sale happens. As far the DEC sticker/number, I don't know what to tell you, I still doubt it, but who knows, I could be wrong.
    I know it's a straight iDEN handset. I'm just saying I find it odd to have that on the sticker. Im thinking about dumping the v950 already...so I think the i9 is next up on my list.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poitier
    5 or 10 years ago I would have been all over this phone. I can't do an iDen only phone. I really need high speed data with my PTT so the V950 in my book is a better phone.
    Yeah, I can't understand this facination with iDEN only devices...

    Let's see if someone out there can notice a common problem with all of these setups:

    Let's take a 528 Hemi, put a Weiland 1471 supercharger on it with a 300 shot of nitrous... and put it on 235 tires.

    -or-

    Let's Take a Phenom Quad Core CPU, 8 gigs of RAM, multiple NVidia GTX 280s, and put it on a dial up.

    -or-

    Take a 3.1 MP camera, crazy UI, MP3 player, stereo Bluetooth, iDEN network only.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    To each his own. Some of us (definitely including myself) will still prefer the iDEN network and its devices ANY DAMN DAY OF THE WEEK over anything else! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! This is something Sprint doesn't seem to get! Wow, I just went on a rant without realizing it!

    The problem is the iDEN *IS BROKE* it's data speeds are a joke. When you have the icxxx series that clearly solves the iDEN PTT with high speed data problem (though certain phones had their own issues), why do you continue to release crippled phones?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,351
    Device(s)
    Iphone X Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johan_hammy
    The problem is the iDEN *IS BROKE* it's data speeds are a joke. When you have the icxxx series that clearly solves the iDEN PTT with high speed data problem (though certain phones had their own issues), why do you continue to release crippled phones?

    All this Hi-speed vs IDen is slow. This kinda reminds me of this video.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhsSgcsTMd4

    A phone is to communicate everything else is just extra frosting on the cake.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackdad
    All this Hi-speed vs IDen is slow. This kinda reminds me of this video.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhsSgcsTMd4

    A phone is to communicate everything else is just extra frosting on the cake.
    I refer you to my previous message of the different scenarios. Why keep releasing fancy phones if they don't provide the data to back up that fanciness?

    Some of us do a significant amount of digital communications, whether that's text messaging, email, misc. Internet communication, etc.

    If there's a perfectly acceptable alternative that solves the data speed issue, why continue to do anything else? Perhaps because people praise them for releasing devices that are iDEN only when in fact, they should not.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    295
    Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    0
    Umm...for many, iDEN-only is the only way to go. There are still many places that have iDEN but not Sprint CDMA. Shall we tell the customers that live there, "Screw you, we won't release any new phones for you to use on our network"? Hell of a way to drive customers into the open arms of AT&T or VZW.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by country6925
    Umm...for many, iDEN-only is the only way to go. There are still many places that have iDEN but not Sprint CDMA. Shall we tell the customers that live there, "Screw you, we won't release any new phones for you to use on our network"? Hell of a way to drive customers into the open arms of AT&T or VZW.

    I'm not saying any customers should be told screw you, but if Sprint hadn't fumbled Nextel so much and actually released modern handsets, there would be more than enough funds to expand the CDMA coverage.

    Again, I'm not saying anyone should be told screw you, but Sprint has lost more customers by screwing around than if they did tell iDEN only customers to fly a kite.

    How to correct this? Hybrid phones, plain and simple. It's not like they've been stellar in releasing new iDEN phones anyway, so the iDEN only crowd hasn't really been missing anything in 2+ years.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,715
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Currently) - Sprint/Nextel (2000-2010)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hybrid are crippled phones too. You cant roam on them and it when I am at work on my Curve 8330 I am on roam all day. So if I had a ic phone I woudl have no service.

    Now if they want to relase a full capabilities CDMA with full roam that uses Iden for PTT then Im on it.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Bookmarks