Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Results 1,546 to 1,556 of 1556

Thread: Samsung Epix Hack Compliation and Findings

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by X556 View Post
    Well this is it guys. Any thin hope we had upon having WM6.5 on our Epix are gone.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5-upgrade.mspx

Remember guys. You heard it here first, from X556.

I'd say wait for WP7 and keep using Manilla on the Epix. We got no choice... Or screw Windows Mobile and go IOS! J/K...
    Not sure of your point. The official release of WM 6.5 hit just before the 4th of July holiday. See the Samsung site.

Device(s)
    Motorola V80
    Feedback Score
    I put the official 6.5 update on my Epix last week. It fixed the gps which is what I cared about. It's smoother than the Trashcan rom because it has proper drivers. It's too late for me however, I've been using a Milestone for the past month, I couldn't wait for the update any longer. I do have a use for the Epix tho, the GPS is really good in the thing now that it's working again. I'm going to be using it for geotagging my pictures instead of my BJ2. The bigger battery and faster pickup time makes it more ideal for that than the BJ2.

Feedback Score
    Well this is it guys. Any thin hope we had upon having WM6.5 on our Epix are gone.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5-upgrade.mspx

Remember guys. You heard it here first, from X556.
    uhh...no
    http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/m...il&tab=support

Fixes all previous issues and my Epix is running faster than ever

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jinhamasaki View Post
    uhh...no
    http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/m...il&tab=support

Fixes all previous issues and my Epix is running faster than ever
    Sorry guys, I was a little too frustrated checking almost everyday the Microsoft page. Only to find out that the Epix is not on the list. I immediately assumed the worse. This is great news, I'm currently backing up my Epix for the upgrade. Thanks you guys. Long live the Epix!!! (At least 6 months more...)

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't stand the Epix anymore, and bought a used G1 on eBay and gave the Epix to my son. And I liked the G1 so much better, I bought another used G1 for my son! So now I have the Epix hanging around as a backup. I did the Samsung upgrade though, and might give it away or sell it in a little while.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sup guys. Hey sorry again about that frustrating post back there. Just wanted to know if anyone is having problems getting the phone to be recognized by the downloader app. I tried it first on a Windows 7 64-bit. I know It's not designed for both descriptions, but what the heck I tried it. Then moved on to a Windows XP 32-bit. SAME thing. The downloader stays stuck on "Waiting for the device..."
    I installed all 3 drivers correctly. As they show up in the device manager when I connect my phone via USB as a Modem. Did a Hard Reset and the same issue. I don't know if I need a proper Com port # or maybe someone is having the same issue. I just don't want to think that my Epix has been damaged somehow and the only problem I have with it is using it as a Modem on any PC. Since I never tried it. If anyone got any ideas please let me know. I have slept for only one hour trying to figure out what's wrong here. Next I'm gonna try it on a Vista operating system. I will keep you informed. If I fix this. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sup guys. Hey sorry again about that frustrating post back there. Just wanted to know if anyone is having problems getting the phone to be recognized by the downloader app. I tried it first on a Windows 7 64-bit. I know It's not designed for both descriptions, but what the heck I tried it. Then moved on to a Windows XP 32-bit. SAME thing. The downloader stays stuck on "Waiting for the device..."
    I installed all 3 drivers correctly. As they show up in the device manager when I connect my phone via USB as a Modem. Did a Hard Reset and the same issue. I don't know if I need a proper Com port # or maybe someone is having the same issue. I just don't want to think that my Epix has been damaged somehow and the only problem I have with it is using it as a Modem on any PC. Since I never tried it. If anyone got any ideas please let me know. I have slept for only one hour trying to figure out what's wrong here. Next I'm gonna try it on a Vista operating system. I will keep you informed. If I fix this. Thanks in advance.
    Ok guys I found the problem myself. You know the app asks you to shut down the phone and then turn it back on???
    Well not even a Hard Reset fixes this issue, whenever a "Shutdown Phone" appears on the isntructions. Don't shut it down holding the power button like I did countless times... TAKE OFF THE BATTERY. This little action is what fixed my issue, the app recognized the phone as soon as I powered it on with the cable connected. Not only that, I did it on a Windows 7 64-bit OS with no problems whatsoever! Of course, make sure to run it in compatibility mode as Windows Vista, and as Administrator (just to be safe). After you install the new rom don't forget to hard reset the phone once again before you start playing with your new WP6.5. To do this you can simply dial the following number: *2767*3855#

If any of you need the whole instructions follow this link: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...8&AT_ID=239247

Just be sure to remember that if you're on Windows 7, run on compatibility mode and when turning off the phone, REMOVE THE BATTERY. This will save you a whole night's sleep. Something I lost last night...

Well hope this helps somebody. Have a great weekend and hope you can FINALLY enjoy your refreshed Epix, I sure know I will!

Feedback Score
    Ok guys I found the problem myself. You know the app asks you to shut down the phone and then turn it back on???
    Well not even a Hard Reset fixes this issue, whenever a "Shutdown Phone" appears on the isntructions. Don't shut it down holding the power button like I did countless times... TAKE OFF THE BATTERY. This little action is what fixed my issue, the app recognized the phone as soon as I powered it on with the cable connected. Not only that, I did it on a Windows 7 64-bit OS with no problems whatsoever! Of course, make sure to run it in compatibility mode as Windows Vista, and as Administrator (just to be safe). After you install the new rom don't forget to hard reset the phone once again before you start playing with your new WP6.5. To do this you can simply dial the following number: *2767*3855#

If any of you need the whole instructions follow this link: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...8&AT_ID=239247

Just be sure to remember that if you're on Windows 7, run on compatibility mode and when turning off the phone, REMOVE THE BATTERY. This will save you a whole night's sleep. Something I lost last night...

Well hope this helps somebody. Have a great weekend and hope you can FINALLY enjoy your refreshed Epix, I sure know I will!

I am having the "Waiting for the device..." issue as well using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

This is really getting annoying now. I installed the modem, com, and usb drivers and also set up a sync partnership. changed back to active sync and restarted multiple times using different restart methods.

Also tried this on my laptop which has Win 7 Pro 32-bit.

c'mon now. And why isn't everything these days compatible with win 7 os and 64 bit?? not like it just came out.

Feedback Score

Got it... FINALLY.

I had to use my friend's Vista 32, but I got it no help to you guys (jk lol).

Anyway, the two problems I had were mistakes in the directions posted here: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...8&AT_ID=239247. It states to take your sim card out, and do the update in active-sync mode.. which is just false.

My advice to those with similar problems: leave the sim card in and update in modem mode.

I did multiple resets before is worked so I have no idea of which were completely necessary, but taking the battery out and turning back on was certainly the quickest.

LOVE it! This revamped my interest in this phone as I discovered the wonders of google sync this morning as well. Using the 'Vera Wang red' theme for its top, bottom, scroll bar, tabs ect. paired with a lambo background image. This just works. I just wish the start menu could be put into list form. The diagonally scattered apps are better for larger screens imo.

Feedback Score

Epix lost the sound

Hi,

I reflashed my phone to 6.5 and it worked and everything was ok then all of a sudden I have no sound. the phone works and vibrates BUT NO sound. I have tried to reflash but nothing.

Any ideas out there ?

Fibrolan

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed in this thread. Just picked up an Epix as a backup phone to my iPhone4. Have wanted one of these ever since I saw it for the first time. Got it working almost how I want it thanks to this thread.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104