Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Epix Hack Compliation and Findings

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Funny thing is I can't even connect to Activesync via Bluetooth. I have all the ports setup and I can see it connecting... but then the Epix spits out an Error that states I need to use ActiveSync 4.5 or newer ...............................which is the version I have installed. lol

I HATE activesync.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    I did a hard reset on my Epix to install Manilla 2D fresh.

Here are the steps:
    Download these files to your Epix: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uu8p5h
    Install "1 Manilla DLL.cab"
    Install "2 Manila.Engine-Beta-0.09.cab"
    Install "3 NonHTC_Patch.CAB"
    Copy Contents of "4 Blue Theme.zip" to \Windows\

Don't reset your device when promted to, in between Steps 2 and 3. Just Cancel the reset request and install the patch, then copy the theme, then reset.

You should have a pretty homescreen on a reboot.

I decided to take the plunge and try your version. Only two problems, one we know about with the half exposed icons, two when I type on the keyboard it won't search my contacts. I'll try it again later....
    What are you lookin at?

www.covinoandrich.com

Feedback Score
    Are you using the latest ActiveSync 4.5? I don't sync with Activesync often so I don't know much. It would probably be easier to figure it out if we had the versions of the different exchange servers, and the version of your Activesync.

He's trying to copy over the new i780 THEME files so Manilla2D will scale properly. The only thing I can suggest is that maybe you haven't APPUNLOCKED your device. The appunlock cab is posted in post #1 in this thread, as I uploaded it up sendspace.

If that doesn't work, try using another File Explorer. I use Resco and just use the "Select All" and the "Copy To..." then select the Windows Folder.

The files you are over writing shouldn't be write protected or anything since YOU installed the files there. Nothing that gets over written is system files.

And I have gotten the Photo's to work just fine through a little hack. The hack basically makes your My Documents read off the SD card:

microSD Card = My Documents Hack:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/5pssvs

Import that registry key using your favorite RegEditor. Basically it removes the Storage Card folder... and makes the contents of My Documents come from the SD Card.

Once you Import the key, backup any important files from the My Documents folder, and DELETE the folder. Don't worry it won't hurt your Epix. It'll automatically re-create itself if needed.

Then remove the take out the microSD card and re-insert it... or simply reboot.

When it comes up, it should now be My Documents and the icon should have a microSD pic on it. You've unified your storage.

Pros:
    -Unified Storage
    -Camera saves pics and videos directly to SD card
    -Bluetooth files get saved automatically to SD card
    -Homescreen pictures will read from SD card
    -You can now have background images, ringtones, contact pictures saved to your SD card
    -You can install programs to "My Documents" (which is... the SD Card)

Cons:
    -If you previously installed anything to the SD Card... the links will be broken

A solution to the problem is:
    A. Reinstall those Apps/Games so the links will be correct
    B. Manually edit the links so they point the \My Documents\Program Files...

I always do this hack first thing and it works perfect. Never have any problems with it. But it fixes A LOT of bugs on any WM device.
    I need a little guidance on this one. I downloaded the file and put it on my SD card. I navigate to it through File Explorer and click on it and get the little beep noise and hit OK and nothing has changed with a reboot. I then navigate to the file using Total Commander and see it but do not know where I need to navigate to in order to paste it. I then tried to add the value through the registry editor in Total Commander but get confused on the process. Sorry if this is a simple problem for most to resolve but this is only the first week that I have tried to customize any of my phones and am still learning a lot.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonburnt
    Hey all,

Long time listener, first time caller... I've used these forums to assist in the utilization of probably my last 5 or 6 phones since like 2001 or so. I've never once had to register though as the answers have always already been there.

So here's the deal...I'm VERY happy with this new phone. It's very functional. I'm just having ONE issue with it so far. I can't get the GPS to work with Windows Live Search. I haven't tried Google Maps yet. I have one program called Cachemate that I use for geocaching and IT sees the GPS and gets a position fix, but I can't get Windows Live to get a fix. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a resolution?
    Yea. In my first post I went through this. Now I haven't used Windows Live or Google Maps yet... but I did use iGo8.

I was reading up on the i780 as it had the same problem. Simple fix. Go into Settings >> System >> External GPS:
    Programs Tab - Set the GPS Program Port to COM1

Leave the other settings alone... even the "Manage GPS Automatically (recommended)".

Then have your programs do another search. The default program port is a virtual port I guess. I don't know why Windows Live wouldn't run on it since they're both made by the same people.

Anyway, after changing to COM1 i've found things find it alot easier.

Feedback Score
    I can get google maps to work but last I tried the Live Search did not. I havent been able to put much time into though.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by verks
    I decided to take the plunge and try your version. Only two problems, one we know about with the half exposed icons, two when I type on the keyboard it won't search my contacts. I'll try it again later....
    I had that problem first time around. Some of those files are HTC "enhancements" and "contact patch".... which screw things up.

The last time I had a go with it, I avoided any "extra" installs that didn't look really needed. I just did the Manilla installs, the NON_HTC Patch, and the DLL cab install. It was working at that point, but had a screwed up theme, which was immediately fixed by coping over the new theme files to the Windows folder.

So you prolly installed something bad. Look into your "Remove Programs" list and see if you can remove anything that might resembles a "Contact Update" or "Enhancements". My fix was a HardReset because I didn't feel like fooling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlambeth1
    I need a little guidance on this one.
    This hack isn't that hard... but it is a little confusing trying to explain it. Once you do it the first time you'll be a champ.

Lets do it the long way in case anyone else is having problems:
    Open your Registry Editor and navigate to the key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ SDMemory

Open "Folder" and change it to "My Documents".
    Then Open "Name" and change it to "My Documents".
    Exit the Registry Editor

Using a File Manager (Total Commander or Resco, etc)
    Back up important files then delete the "My Documents"

Either remove and re-insert your SD card or simply just reboot.

The SDCard should come up now as My Documents. Windows will automatically recreate all the needed files such as "My Pictures", "My Videos", "My Music", etc. So you don't have to do anything else except enjoy the simplicity.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I followed your steps and am having one issue. Now my SD card comes up as a mounted volume instead of a storage card. Neither pictures or music get loaded into the touchflo players. My thinking is that somehow I need this to show up as a storage card rather than a mounted volume. How might I go about fixing this problem?

Feedback Score
    Never mind, I figured out where my mistake was on the SD card issue. Thanks again player911 for all the help.

Feedback Score
    Question about the App Unlock program. I put it on my phone and clicked on it to install it and it says install was successful. I try to find the program to remove the unwanted crapware that [email protected] puts on the phone but am unable to do so. Can someone help me out with this?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you go into the start menu and delete the unwanted apps, make sure you leave the basics alone (Contacts, Calendar, Phone, Camera, etc).

Usually the buttons assignment is pointed to these links (instead of the actual program).

What I do, using Resco Explorer, go to the Start Menu >> Programs, and highlight your file... then tap and hold to get the pop up menu... from there go to Properties.

At the bottom are the files Attributes. These are what are holding you up.

Uncheck everything if you want to delete a file... and Checkmark everything if you want to hide it. I typically hide the Contacts, Camera, Phone, Messaging, Calendar, etc because they can be accessed via the phone's buttons and having them in the start menu is kinda redundant.

A good way to organize your start menu is to simply Create a few folders and start grouping things together first. I use this scheme:
    Applications
    Internet
    Games
    Office

I keep programs I use alot like Resco Explorer and Skyfire Internet Browser in the main Programs folder for easier access.

Start moving eveything around the way you want it... then start deleting the AT&T crap. There is a lot of it this time around. Mobile Banking, ESPN, MobiTV, Cingular Video, MediaNet, Sims2, PacMan, AT&T Navigator (GPS), etc. All those are demo apps

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm finding that Manilla2D when active, disables the ability to dial numbers from the home screen..

When you turn off the TouchFlo plugin... it resumes...
    Last edited by player911; 10-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Funny thing is I can't even connect to Activesync via Bluetooth. I have all the ports setup and I can see it connecting... but then the Epix spits out an Error that states I need to use ActiveSync 4.5 or newer ...............................which is the version I have installed. lol

I HATE activesync.
    I had the same problem trying to sync through BT. I thought it may be because my BT stick was old. Perhaps not. Although, I could not create a port on the device (in the BT settings).

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea I created a port on the PC... and the phone finds the Activesync port in the PC's Bluetooth Services as being offered.

I go to Activesync and connect... I see the Activesync start getting all happy... then it disconnects with "Activesync 4.5 is required".

No big deal for me as I hate activesync. Personally I'd rather setup an exchange connection in setup and sync over the air using my data service.

Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonburnt
    Hey all,

Long time listener, first time caller... I've used these forums to assist in the utilization of probably my last 5 or 6 phones since like 2001 or so. I've never once had to register though as the answers have always already been there.

So here's the deal...I'm VERY happy with this new phone. It's very functional. I'm just having ONE issue with it so far. I can't get the GPS to work with Windows Live Search. I haven't tried Google Maps yet. I have one program called Cachemate that I use for geocaching and IT sees the GPS and gets a position fix, but I can't get Windows Live to get a fix. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a resolution?
    I have used both Live Search and Google Maps. I don't believe that I did any special set-up to enable it to work.

Google Maps is cool because you can confirm that you are actually hitting some birds.

Are you getting any error messages? Try GM.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm finding that Manilla2D when active, disables the ability to dial numbers from the home screen..

When you turn off the TouchFlo plugin... it resumes...
    i think this behavior is due to the fact that Manilla2D was designed to work with devices without a static keyboard.
    cortez

Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast