Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1556

Thread: Samsung Epix Hack Compliation and Findings

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone figured out how to integrate the photos from the micro sd card into the album app that is in the yellow theme? All I get is the pictures that are on the phone's memory.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    391
    Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    Can't you just hold down the Red END key to lock the phone?

    Anyway I was messing with RealVGA and screwed up my Phone app. I also screwed up my ability to input digits on the homescreen somewhere along the way as well.

    So I will try to make good notes when I get Manilla2D setup work working.
    I ran across the same issues myself. I tried several times with no luck. Let me know your findings. I'm very interested in getting this to work.
    What are you lookin at?


    www.covinoandrich.com

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I try to copy the theme pictures to the windows directory.

    As a result, although TouchFLO loads, it's not the corret resolution and it looks funky. I don't know what to do.

    btw I only installed update 19 and the steps thereafter, although I don't think that would make a big deal about access denied...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    391
    Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jinhamasaki
    I'm getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I try to copy the theme pictures to the windows directory.

    As a result, although TouchFLO loads, it's not the corret resolution and it looks funky. I don't know what to do.

    btw I only installed update 19 and the steps thereafter, although I don't think that would make a big deal about access denied...
    What are you using to transfer the files?

    On a little bit of a separate note, we need to figure this out for our Epix's.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxiGLCg9Cs

    It TouchFLO 3D on a non HTC device.
    Last edited by verks; 10-24-2008 at 12:14 PM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff
    Has anyone had any luck sync'ing their notes from Outlook? My option is greyed out.

    I sync with an Exchange server (mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks), and have another to sync with my PC, (NOTES, files, and favorites), but Notes is not available. The PC is using a different Exchange server too. It used to work and it seems that 6.1 may have caused this problem.

    I have deleted and re-established the partnerships, but it did not resolved the issue.
    Are you using the latest ActiveSync 4.5? I don't sync with Activesync often so I don't know much. It would probably be easier to figure it out if we had the versions of the different exchange servers, and the version of your Activesync.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinhamasaki
    I'm getting ACCESS DENIED errors
    He's trying to copy over the new i780 THEME files so Manilla2D will scale properly. The only thing I can suggest is that maybe you haven't APPUNLOCKED your device. The appunlock cab is posted in post #1 in this thread, as I uploaded it up sendspace.

    If that doesn't work, try using another File Explorer. I use Resco and just use the "Select All" and the "Copy To..." then select the Windows Folder.

    The files you are over writing shouldn't be write protected or anything since YOU installed the files there. Nothing that gets over written is system files.

    And I have gotten the Photo's to work just fine through a little hack. The hack basically makes your My Documents read off the SD card:

    microSD Card = My Documents Hack:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/5pssvs

    Import that registry key using your favorite RegEditor. Basically it removes the Storage Card folder... and makes the contents of My Documents come from the SD Card.

    Once you Import the key, backup any important files from the My Documents folder, and DELETE the folder. Don't worry it won't hurt your Epix. It'll automatically re-create itself if needed.

    Then remove the take out the microSD card and re-insert it... or simply reboot.

    When it comes up, it should now be My Documents and the icon should have a microSD pic on it. You've unified your storage.

    Pros:
    -Unified Storage
    -Camera saves pics and videos directly to SD card
    -Bluetooth files get saved automatically to SD card
    -Homescreen pictures will read from SD card
    -You can now have background images, ringtones, contact pictures saved to your SD card
    -You can install programs to "My Documents" (which is... the SD Card)

    Cons:
    -If you previously installed anything to the SD Card... the links will be broken

    A solution to the problem is:
    A. Reinstall those Apps/Games so the links will be correct
    B. Manually edit the links so they point the \My Documents\Program Files...

    I always do this hack first thing and it works perfect. Never have any problems with it. But it fixes A LOT of bugs on any WM device.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

    Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

    You can find it here.
    Search

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by verks
    What are you using to transfer the files?

    On a little bit of a separate note, we need to figure this out for our Epix's.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxiGLCg9Cs

    It TouchFLO 3D on a non HTC device.
    That has already been done. That is Manilla 2D with a digital clock widget. The majority of this whole article was focusing on this alone. Start at the first page and look at all the files and walkthroughs I've posted.

    I'm running that on my Epix as we speak.

    My Weather Widget does the same animations. Today it rained. So when you go to the Weather tab, it shows rain... then water droplets start splashing around... then a big wiper blade comes in and cleans it off.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    391
    Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    That has already been done. That is Manilla 2D with a digital clock widget. The majority of this whole article was focusing on this alone. Start at the first page and look at all the files and walkthroughs I've posted.

    I'm running that on my Epix as we speak.

    My Weather Widget does the same animations. Today it rained. So when you go to the Weather tab, it shows rain... then water droplets start splashing around... then a big wiper blade comes in and cleans it off.
    I have it working too. Mine is different from yours as I don't have the settings tab or the internet tab. Every time I try to do it like yours my tabs at the bottom are half covered by the bottom task bar. ????

    According to a post in the http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...2&postcount=55 it can be done. Don't kill the messenger.

    By the way, player, did you get youtube working correctly?
    Last edited by verks; 10-24-2008 at 01:26 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The tabs being partially covered up is because your not running RealVGA 96DPI hack.

    I tried installing RealVGA version 1.1 and it screwed up my phone where I couldn't dial numbers or go into the Phone app, although it did change the DPI to 96.

    I don't like running DPI 96 because you'll notice that the homescreen will align up properly... but everything else will be distorted.

    So I'd rather run mine partially covered up for the time being. Small price to pay for a fully functional homescreen and we'll probably see a fix eventually.

    I tried to adjust the XML file but nothing seemed to work without screwing everything else up.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did a hard reset on my Epix to install Manilla 2D fresh.

    Here are the steps:
    Download these files to your Epix: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uu8p5h
    Install "1 Manilla DLL.cab"
    Install "2 Manila.Engine-Beta-0.09.cab"
    Install "3 NonHTC_Patch.CAB"
    Copy Contents of "4 Blue Theme.zip" to \Windows\

    Don't reset your device when promted to, in between Steps 2 and 3. Just Cancel the reset request and install the patch, then copy the theme, then reset.

    You should have a pretty homescreen on a reboot.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    391
    Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    The tabs being partially covered up is because your not running RealVGA 96DPI hack.

    I tried installing RealVGA version 1.1 and it screwed up my phone where I couldn't dial numbers or go into the Phone app, although it did change the DPI to 96.

    I don't like running DPI 96 because you'll notice that the homescreen will align up properly... but everything else will be distorted.

    So I'd rather run mine partially covered up for the time being. Small price to pay for a fully functional homescreen and we'll probably see a fix eventually.

    I tried to adjust the XML file but nothing seemed to work without screwing everything else up.

    The one I'm using now does not cover up icons but it is without those tabs. I might try the covered up step to see if I like it with those missing tabs.

    YouTube?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    On the internet Tab, I noticed it has links for Youtube Viewer and a Link to XDA-Dev.

    Well to get rid of those,
    install this RegEdit: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tqh8er

    I had to turn off TouchFlo from Settings, and re-enable it. I'm poking around the registry and I'm going to try to see if I can enable any other browser to work with the Internet Tab, because currently it's locked to Opera.

    This RegEdit will at least clean up the Internet Screen.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Internet Tab Launcher = \Windows\OperaL.exe

    To Change Internet Browser Launcher:
    - Download and install VJBrisk app.
    - Make a Copy and Rename Program Files\vijay555\VJBrisk\vbrisk.exe to "OperaL.exe"... then move it the Windows Directory.

    - Make a shortcut of your application and rename it to VJTarget.lnk.
    - Move the shortcut to the windows directory.


    The TouchFlo App launches the OperaL.exe... which points to VJTarget.lnk shortcut... which points to your favorite Browser.
    Last edited by player911; 10-24-2008 at 03:34 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    Posts
    10
    Device(s)
    HTC Tilt II on ARK_N's LEO ROM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey all,

    Long time listener, first time caller... I've used these forums to assist in the utilization of probably my last 5 or 6 phones since like 2001 or so. I've never once had to register though as the answers have always already been there.

    So here's the deal...I'm VERY happy with this new phone. It's very functional. I'm just having ONE issue with it so far. I can't get the GPS to work with Windows Live Search. I haven't tried Google Maps yet. I have one program called Cachemate that I use for geocaching and IT sees the GPS and gets a position fix, but I can't get Windows Live to get a fix. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a resolution?
    Life is grand. Love is real. Beauty is everywhere.
    ~RCPM~

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    198
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff
    Has anyone had any luck sync'ing their notes from Outlook? My option is greyed out.

    I sync with an Exchange server (mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks), and have another to sync with my PC, (NOTES, files, and favorites), but Notes is not available. The PC is using a different Exchange server too. It used to work and it seems that 6.1 may have caused this problem.

    I have deleted and re-established the partnerships, but it did not resolved the issue.
    Windows Mobile does not sync Notes OTA or through a Bluetooth/Cable connection. For my Blackjack, I am using Syndata's Smarthphone Notes to sync them. It will sync with Exchange, however, you can only sync via Bluetooth/Cable/IR and not OTA.

    I'll be getting my Epix later today and hope that I can use Syncdata with it.
    So Far...So Good...So What...

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    78
    Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor03
    Windows Mobile does not sync Notes OTA or through a Bluetooth/Cable connection. For my Blackjack, I am using Syndata's Smarthphone Notes to sync them. It will sync with Exchange, however, you can only sync via Bluetooth/Cable/IR and not OTA.

    I'll be getting my Epix later today and hope that I can use Syncdata with it.
    I understand that we can't sync notes to Exchange. But I have been sync'ing notes with my local PC via a usb cable. Now I can't, I think this is an issue with 6.1.

    Can anybody sync Notes to your Epix?

Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Bookmarks