Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Epix Hack Compliation and Findings

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jlambeth1
    OK player911, can you tell me how you got skyfire to work? I tried to install the touchscreen and non-touchscreen version and both came up with a message that said that they would not work with this phone. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
    Skyfire is device specific. I had to go to Skyfire.com, log in, and tell them to change my device. I selected I had a Touchscreen device and downloaded from the link they sent to me via SMS. Downloaded and installed. Pretty straightforward install.

I think when I originally installed it, I renamed the file... which caused problems. I'm pretty sure that I had to leave the file name the same as they gave me. Once you install Skyfire on a device it locks itself to that device.

I downloaded the touchscreen version.

As far as Opera goes... It should work great. I don't see why not.

Also, has anyone had any luck deleting the demo Java programs? I can't seem to get rid of them. I searched the device for *.jar and only found 0.jar in \windows\java and \windows\specialjava

There are 7 java apps installed... and I can't find where they're located. Normally they just install to \windows\ as 0.jar, 1.jar, 2.jar, etc.
    Last edited by player911; 10-23-2008 at 08:37 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    Also, has anyone had any luck deleting the demo Java programs? I can't seem to get rid of them. I searched the device for *.jar and only found 0.jar in \windows\java and \windows\specialjava
    THer is a jar, andjdx in the windows folder itself. the jdx points to /mydocucments/Billboard_SamSubn_i907_preload.jad

Im running a different jave midlet mananger since I wanted to try opera mini and didnt take the time to find the other.

EDIT: seems they are compiled into exe. The like Sims 2.lnk and exe

Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Remove Bloatware from Epix

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset and remove all of the bloatware from AT&T? On my Tilt there was a reset buton I could use. The Epix has you go through Windows to do a soft reset and it wipes your device.

Diff-

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks player911 for the skyfire tip. I went to their website and changed my phone and it finally installed. Now can anyone tell me if they have a free registry editor program that is working on the Epix? I installed PHM registry editor but it will not open up anything when I click on an item.

Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jlambeth1
    Now can anyone tell me if they have a free registry editor program that is working on the Epix? I installed PHM registry editor but it will not open up anything when I click on an item.
    I use CeRegEditor with my Tilt. I'll try it with the Epix in a few minutes to see if it works.

How about a File Explorer, where is that?
    **Forget it, it's called My Stuff. What was wrong with File Explorer?

Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff
    I use CeRegEditor with my Tilt. I'll try it with the Epix in a few minutes to see if it works.

How about a File Explorer, where is that?
    **Forget it, it's called My Stuff. What was wrong with File Explorer?
    File Explorer is under apps, I use total commander.
    What are you lookin at?

www.covinoandrich.com

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The bad thing is it won't let me delete Sims2.exe or Sims2.lnk. They are both Hidden, Read-Only, System, Rom files... and trying to change those attributes with Resco proves to be wasting my time. Why would they install java games into the rom and make them undeleteable? Stupid.

I wonder if I can install the Java Client overtop of it. I think I have the latest Java client build in a cab format. Will try later.

I've been messing around with Manilla2D and it installed fine, except the screen is for 240x320... so I have a blank space on the side.

Here is where I'm at:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173
    I downloaded Update 16 ([EDIT]which I'm testing 19 now)

When you download it, I ignored the Tilt Files folder and the "Not Required" folder. I copied the "Required" folder to my microSD card. I only installed a few items at first. Most of those files are fixes, and programs like Media Players and Opera files. At the end of the list is a Manilla_HTC_Patch.cab I didn't install it. Instead I installed a NON-HTC Patch located here: http://rapidshare.com/files/14839281...nHTC_Patch.CAB

Anyway I got it to come up, except the resolution is 240x320, so I have space on the side.

I'm updating with version 19 now to see if that will fix it before I dive too deep. This method doesn't require any additional programs to be running in the background and is a standard Homescreen Plugin.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The bad thing is it won't let me delete Sims2.exe or Sims2.lnk. They are both Hidden, Read-Only, System, Rom files... and trying to change those attributes with Resco proves to be wasting my time. Why would they install java games into the rom and make them undeleteable? Stupid.

I wonder if I can install the Java Client overtop of it. I think I have the latest Java client build in a cab format. Will try later.

I've been messing around with Manilla2D and it installed fine, except the screen is for 240x320... so I have a blank space on the side.

Here is where I'm at:

When you download it, I ignored the Tilt Files folder and the "Not Required" folder. I copied the "Required" folder to my microSD card. I only installed a few items at first. Most of those files are fixes, and programs like Media Players and Opera files. At the end of the list is a Manilla_HTC_Patch.cab I didn't install it. Instead I installed a NON-HTC Patch located here: http://rapidshare.com/files/14839281...nHTC_Patch.CAB

Anyway I got it to come up, except the resolution is 240x320, so I have space on the side.

I'm updating with version 19 now to see if that will fix it before I dive too deep. This method doesn't require any additional programs to be running in the background and is a standard Homescreen Plugin. I haven't had to install or run RealVGA either.

Device(s)
    Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by verks
    File Explorer is under apps, I use total commander.
    Whoa! How did I miss that one??

Thanks-

Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Here is where I'm at:

I'm updating with version 19 now to see if that will fix it before I dive too deep. This method doesn't require any additional programs to be running in the background and is a standard Homescreen Plugin. I haven't had to install or run RealVGA either.
    The first one i did was update 19. I was just going to try 16. When I tried 19 I got the space on the side too. I know this works but I can't find the right combo.

Did you try the realvga?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Both gave me the same results. 19 is a little easier to get working (fewer separate installs).

The Update 19 has a blue/black theme, and Update 16 is all black. I think the all black theme of 16 looked better, but 19 feels more complete.

I know they have this working on the i780 320x320 screen. I also saw something about a fix for the softkeys overlapping the homescreen buttons. I'll keep on it and sum up my findings here. It's pretty neat.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Finally, I found the solution.

Here are the steps.

Download Update 19:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LTFURW8

In that archive, are the cab installers numbered 1-9.

You can install all of them, but I installed: #1, #2, #4, #6, #9

Now download this patch for i780 phones (320x320)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1222517730

Copy the 4 i780 patch files to \windows\ and over write the existing files.

That will get it up 95%. Some of the menu's still have the space on the side... but that is only from the background images. The text and items are centered. On that page also includes a new theme for the i780, which is black/yellow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1222517730

I haven't tested the new theme. The new theme will most likely replace the existing backgrounds with 320x320 versions so it aligns properly.

I will post back any themes I find working better then the stock one.

BTW it sure beats the samsung theme.

Device(s)
    EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Finally, I found the solution.

Here are the steps.

Download Update 19:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LTFURW8

In that archive, are the cab installers numbered 1-9.

You can install all of them, but I installed: #1, #2, #4, #6, #9

Now download this patch for i780 phones (320x320)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1222517730

Copy the 4 i780 patch files to \windows\ and over write the existing files.

That will get it up 95%. Some of the menu's still have the space on the side... but that is only from the background images. The text and items are centered. On that page also includes a new theme for the i780, which is black/yellow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1222517730

I haven't tested the new theme. The new theme will most likely replace the existing backgrounds with 320x320 versions so it aligns properly.

I will post back any themes I find working better then the stock one.

BTW it sure beats the samsung theme.
    I followed these steps and Touch FLO won't launch. It tries but fails. It just says Tap here to launch TouchFLO but won't launch.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That Yellow theme does work magic. All that theme is are graphic files that you simply copy to the \windows\ folder and over write what is there.

That theme fixes it completely. The good thing is that all the background picture files can probably be edited in photoshop to simply change their Hue to blue, grey, red, black, etc.

I've also found the Album to be funky. It locks up or something. I will try a newer version if I can find one.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i've got Manila2D working on the Epix...i attached my HTCHomeSettings.xml file that i modified to work with the 320x320 screen. it should help those wanting to stick with the native resolution get ahead start configuring their device. the painful thing is resizing all the dang graphic files so they're 320x320... pics of my Epix with Manil2D.
    cortez

Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast