Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1556

Thread: Samsung Epix Hack Compliation and Findings

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    Try creating that missing Key value.
    no go - when added (regardless of the value 1,2,3) it messes with the battery icon but that about it.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    do you have your phone app unlocked and soft reset between each change?

    Wait... are you trying to get rid of the clock? What the hell am I doing? lol. I looked back and you were asking about the Increasing Ringtone problem. I even quoted you saying that, but posted a clock fix.

    Are you looking for a way to show the clock in the taskbar?

    I'm lost.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

    Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

    You can find it here.
    Search

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    north texas
    Posts
    1,237
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    has anyone been able to get the HTC Task Manager to work on the Epix, e.g., it shows up on the Today screen? if so, could you post a link to the version you're using? thanks.
    cortez

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0

    1.5 working great for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by cortez
    has anyone been able to get the HTC Task Manager to work on the Epix, e.g., it shows up on the Today screen? if so, could you post a link to the version you're using? thanks.
    HTC X-Button 1.5 is working great for me and you can tick a box to enable it on the home screen.

    You can get the cab here:
    http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/02/...button-15.html

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    north texas
    Posts
    1,237
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg
    HTC X-Button 1.5 is working great for me and you can tick a box to enable it on the home screen.

    You can get the cab here:
    http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/02/...button-15.html
    thanks for the link... the X-button applet doesn't show up on my Today screen (with Manilla2D, which i forgot to mention in my original question) but, the X-Button now closes applications as opposed to minimizing them and that will work for me.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    61
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anybody installed Windows Live to their phone yet? Does it work ok? I tried to install an older version that I had used on my tilt and it's not working for me.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Edgewater, NJ
    Posts
    284
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy300
    Has anybody installed Windows Live to their phone yet? Does it work ok? I tried to install an older version that I had used on my tilt and it's not working for me.
    I installed a bare-bones version that is the latest build; I just wanted access to my Hotmail account and didn't care about the WLM component.

    The build I have is working fine, I can get my Hotmail through the messaging app no problem.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    On my original blackjack, I favored Windows Live Search over Google Search... but now with a Touchscreen... Google Search is freakin' awesome. I like the fact that it automatically looks for your location by cellular triangulation and displays findings close to you. With the touchscreen to scroll around, it really shines.

    For email, I've always used Gmail... as it allows easy POP/SMTP access and easily accessible from the Messaging program.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found the best application: FTouchSL - http://www.ftouchsl.com/

    It is basically like TouchFlo on a HTC Device. It enables kinetic finger movements in any application. So no more scroll bars anywhere. Messaging scrolls, Contacts scrolls, start menu works, IE works. It all works.

    I just installed the program and used the default settings. You can further customize the app to launch applications using various hotspots in the corners. I didn't setup any hotspots but it could be very useful.

    The program is small and works when you power on. They have a demo to try out or get the full version. It'll save me a lot of grief I know that.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    Samsung i780
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi,

    I am new to this forum and take the occasion to greet you all.

    I have been following your progress with Epix and I must say that some of you in really short time have achieved awesome results. Bravi !! - as we say here in Italy.

    So why am I here? - well I've got a Samsung i780 which is very similar to your device apart from the keyboard and the S.O. (no official WM6.1 yet for i780) otherwise I think they differ very little. I came here because I read that you managed to install Manilla2 without RealVGA. I have read the procedure and later I will try to install it and see if it works out of the box on the i780.

    Another thing which brought my attention is that apparently on the Epix most Voice Command software works. I have tried this kind of software on the i780 but in vain. I guess Samsung must have made a fix which is included in your ROM. Anyone of you know a bit more about this issue? Maybe it is a CAB-file which can be extracted and to be tested on the i780?

    Rgds,
    moster67

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    Samsung i780
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did you abandon Manilla?

    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    I found the best application: FTouchSL - http://www.ftouchsl.com/

    It is basically like TouchFlo on a HTC Device. It enables kinetic finger movements in any application. So no more scroll bars anywhere. Messaging scrolls, Contacts scrolls, start menu works, IE works. It all works.

    I just installed the program and used the default settings. You can further customize the app to launch applications using various hotspots in the corners. I didn't setup any hotspots but it could be very useful.

    The program is small and works when you power on. They have a demo to try out or get the full version. It'll save me a lot of grief I know that.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy300
    Has anybody installed Windows Live to their phone yet? Does it work ok? I tried to install an older version that I had used on my tilt and it's not working for me.
    I installed it from http://m.live.com from the phone and it works fine. Be sure to set your GPS settings off of the AT&T navigation port to Com 1. You can then select that auto settings in live search and the GPS will work fine.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Samsung Epix backlight

    Does anyone know how to get the backlight to stay off on the Sony Epix? Everytime i turn it off, it comes back on because the service changes or something. I'm sure this wastes the battery, can anyone help??

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    61
    Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just wanted to say thanks to Player and everybody else who has contributed to this thread. When I first got the Epix I was a little iffy on how much I liked it compared to my Tilt but now that I've got all these little hacks enabled on it I'm starting to like it more and more. I think I've just been spoiled by the plethora of cooked roms there are for HTC devices, but maybe those will start cropping up for the Epix in the future? For now I think I'm satisfied.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,652
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by moster67
    Hi,

    I am new to this forum and take the occasion to greet you all.

    I have been following your progress with Epix and I must say that some of you in really short time have achieved awesome results. Bravi !! - as we say here in Italy.

    So why am I here? - well I've got a Samsung i780 which is very similar to your device apart from the keyboard and the S.O. (no official WM6.1 yet for i780) otherwise I think they differ very little. I came here because I read that you managed to install Manilla2 without RealVGA. I have read the procedure and later I will try to install it and see if it works out of the box on the i780.

    Another thing which brought my attention is that apparently on the Epix most Voice Command software works. I have tried this kind of software on the i780 but in vain. I guess Samsung must have made a fix which is included in your ROM. Anyone of you know a bit more about this issue? Maybe it is a CAB-file which can be extracted and to be tested on the i780?

    Rgds,
    moster67
    Manilla works because of the theme. The latest Blue and Yellow Theme files are properly aligned with our screens. Once you get Manilla installed, just extract the theme to the \Windows\ directory and over write the pre-existing files.

    For Voice Command... I dunno. It came pre-installed. I thought Samsung released an official WM6.1 for the i780 already? I at least know there are unofficial ones out there. I'm not a ROM cooker, but I know they have a ROM kitchen for the i780. I'd be interested in seeing if the kitchen would work for our Epix phones...

    ..if so, we'd be able to backup our ROM files and load them into the kitchen to extract the Voice Command files.

    Coming from a i607 Blackjack... it was very different then the i600. I don't know if such differences exist between the i780 and i907.

Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast

Bookmarks