Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Favorite Java apps

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,403
    Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Favorite Java apps

    This forum has been here for nearly a month and no one has posted in it?

    I guess I'll be the first and list my favorite Java apps:

    Opera Mini - well known web browser than allows full access to any site. only drawback I'm aware of is that it doesn't support Flash.

    http://www.operamini.com

    Gmail for Mobile

    http://gmail.com/app

    Google Maps for Mobile

    http://m.google.com/maps

    eBuddy Mobile Messenger - excellent multi-network IM client

    http://get.ebuddy.com

    Nokia WidSets

    http://get.widsets.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    I agree about OperaMini and Google maps
    Aside from the ones you mentioned. Here are few of my faves:

    amazeGPS - Excellent free mobile satnav

    JLearnITME - Fantastic free multilingual translator

    snaptu - This app nterface to Picassa photos, Facebook, AccuWeather, Google Calendar. But it is especially great from UK users as it has feeds for finding a good pub and transport around London.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ellsworth, Maine, United States
    Posts
    104
    Device(s)
    Me - sch-r355c
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BB Pearl: BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.66 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/189)

    I think the post above mine is spam

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by netw3rkd
    Wirelessly posted (BB Pearl: BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.66 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/189)

    I think the post above mine is spam
    No, this isn't spam. I genuinely think these are good Java applications to highlight and recommend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    AmazeGPS

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraK
    I agree about OperaMini and Google maps
    Aside from the ones you mentioned. Here are few of my faves:

    amazeGPS - Excellent free mobile satnav

    JLearnITME - Fantastic free multilingual translator

    snaptu - This app nterface to Picassa photos, Facebook, AccuWeather, Google Calendar. But it is especially great from UK users as it has feeds for finding a good pub and transport around London.
    So r u located in UK or USA? I m in USA and tried AmazeGPS but would not run after first screen.

    My Fav apps are ofcourse Google Maps, Yahoo Go, Mobile GMaps, Opera Mini.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've tried amazeGPS in the UK and France and it worked great. Maybe it has some problems in the US

    (I'm also a big fan of Mobile GMaps too)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi my Favorite is Gmail for Mobile and Google Map for Mobile
    For others I don't like it very much but it's nice.

    Just want to say thanks.



    ___________________________
    How to do Phone Video Sharing ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,568
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold (Rogers)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Amaze works in North America on the BB Bold. it's just painfully slow.

    Nav4all is just better.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    I & I, is Everywhere
    Posts
    6,123
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Communication:
    Code:
    Instant Messaging (IM): eBuddy
    Where: http://www.ebuddy.com/mobile.php
    Cost: Free yes FREE
    Synopsis: eBuddy Mobile Messenger to your Mobile Phone to get the best user experience. And it is Multi-network: all buddies from MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, Gtalk, ICQ and Facebook in one single list.
    you just cannot send files using it though.
    Last edited by Supa_Fly; 12-19-2008 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Practicing Code function
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,568
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold (Rogers)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1
    Communication:
    Code:
    Instant Messaging (IM): eBuddy
    Where: http://www.ebuddy.com/mobile.php
    Cost: Free yes FREE
    Synopsis: eBuddy Mobile Messenger to your Mobile Phone to get the best user experience. And it is Multi-network: all buddies from MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, Gtalk, ICQ and Facebook in one single list.
    you just cannot send files using it though.
    Get Instango then, it does send files.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ellsworth, Maine, United States
    Posts
    104
    Device(s)
    Me - sch-r355c
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.89 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/189)

    Quote Originally Posted by metruetian
    you are very great ...so i will introduce some good way to you..
    www.b2btrade4you.com is a Global B2B Marketplace for Suppliers,Manufacturers,Importers & Exporters .wdtrade.com is striving to encourage the use of computers and Internet technology by providing practical computing and network solutions to small- and medium-sized enterprises. b2btrade4you.com is global B2B marketplace designed to help small to mid-sized companies do business. Whether it is buying or selling products or services, domestically or internationally, we are confident our marketplace will meet your company's needs. b2btrade4you.com sincerely hopes every user can benefit from using the services provided by b2btrade4you.com. Your success is our ultimate goal!
    Is spam. The rest are good apps and I use most of them.

Bookmarks