Thread: Anyone use a signal booster?

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Anyone use a signal booster?

New location get's very weak ATT signal. Just curious if anyone has tried anything to boost their ATT signal in their house.

saw this...

http://sewelldirect.com/zBoost-Cell-...S-Carriers.asp

$300

Also is there anyway to check which band my phone is trying to connect to at my house?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got something like that sitting in a closet in my guest room, but I haven't plugged it in to try it. It belonged to a client at one time, they didn't want it, and now I have it. Not sure what to do with it, but I've never tried to sell it either. They had this same model installed at a few execs' houses and I guess it worked well from what I saw. But like I said, I haven't tried it for myself at my house.

EDIT: This is the one I have: http://www.phonemerchants.com/dianpo4k3wa6.html
    The opinions expressed in this post reflect those of everyone, ever.

HoFo Feedback | eBay Feedback

Device(s)
    LG eNV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i dont think theyre worth that kind of money. its better to research the service provider & where the good service are at around your area and go from there..

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluucrayonz
    i dont think theyre worth that kind of money. its better to research the service provider & where the good service are at around your area and go from there..
    Well, I've tried all providers and only Verizon was "decent". 1-0 bars... VZW has the worst selection in WinMo phones. Now what? Move? LOL. I might.

Actually Sprint offers something but I can't remember the name. It looks like a wifi router and it sits in your house and hooks up to your internet and repeats Sprints signal in your house. But the unit is 100 bucks plus 5 bucks a month... I would like to stay with ATT and try out that Touch HD though.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Sanyo Taho , Novatel 4620 MiFi
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are good direct connect and wireless cellular amplifiers and there are bad ones. You just need to shop around and find a dealer that backs his product up with a return policy if the product does not meet your needs or expectations

Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc
    New location get's very weak ATT signal. Just curious if anyone has tried anything to boost their ATT signal in their house.

saw this...

http://sewelldirect.com/zBoost-Cell-...S-Carriers.asp

$300

Also is there anyway to check which band my phone is trying to connect to at my house?
    Check us out In Marketplace Forums For Howard Forums only deals
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Net
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Ca for Canadians
    Cellular Reception Solutions

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Signal
    There are good direct connect and wireless cellular amplifiers and there are bad ones. You just need to shop around and find a dealer that backs his product up with a return policy if the product does not meet your needs or expectations
    You should be a politician!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Sanyo Taho , Novatel 4620 MiFi
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Smile

Just trying to be an honest businessman . Lots of other ones out there as well . Just have to spend a little time looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by richy240
    You should be a politician!