Thread: Micro USB "unauthorized charger"

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Micro USB "unauthorized charger"

Went to put my Motorola V750 on its charger tonight and I got the "unauthorized charger" message. This is the charger right out of the box that worked last night. Kind of reminiscent of the old "unable to charge" problem I had with the old style Moto charger.

I'm not yet convinced that the Micro USB setup is reliable. This is only about a month of use.

Device(s)
    Razr3 V9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you have a regular moto mini-USB charger, there are adapters on e-bay that will change it to a micro-USB. I have a few chargers, but just got the V9m that uses the micro-USB.

Device(s)
    droid incredible,droid eris,bb storm
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jogordo
    Went to put my Motorola V750 on its charger tonight and I got the "unauthorized charger" message. This is the charger right out of the box that worked last night. Kind of reminiscent of the old "unable to charge" problem I had with the old style Moto charger.

I'm not yet convinced that the Micro USB setup is reliable. This is only about a month of use.
    check the battery contacts and the prongs on the phone, also the port could be dirty or it just might be a software issues

Device(s)
    Motorola V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizo Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My trusty ol' v750 gave me the dreaded 'Unauthorized Charger' error message when using either OEM charger that I've been using for years. I sprayed both the charger and the phone contacts w/ MG Chemicals Electrosolve contact cleaner Catalog Number 409B-140G. I then reseated the connectors ≈ 10x, and the error persisted. My aftermarket vehicle charger functions OK (!). The OEM chargers function properly w/ my earbud and my spare v750. ¿Quien Sabe?
    ...Lorenzo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If the battery is removable, swap battery between spare and regular and see if problemo follows the battery

Quote Originally Posted by elbee3890 View Post
    My trusty ol' v750 gave me the dreaded 'Unauthorized Charger' error message when using either OEM charger that I've been using for years. I sprayed both the charger and the phone contacts w/ MG Chemicals Electrosolve contact cleaner Catalog Number 409B-140G. I then reseated the connectors ≈ 10x, and the error persisted. My aftermarket vehicle charger functions OK (!). The OEM chargers function properly w/ my earbud and my spare v750. ¿Quien Sabe?
    ...Lorenzo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a jetpack that does that occasionally, all I have to do is remove the battery and wipe off the contacts and it works again.