Thread: Samsung SCH u340 or u410

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Samsung SCH u340 or u410

Which one would be a good phone for a parent?

My mom’s Moto v325s battery won't hold a charge anymore and she needs a new phone ASAP. Before I was looking at the Moto W755 *back when it was $19*, but now it's out of the price range.

Looking at their phones these two seem like the most respectable/fits her terms ones they have in the free - $20 range.

She wants a phone with a good dialing pad, that’s easy to use , good screen that is easy to read, and the phone size isn’t small or compact.

I've looked at some user reviews for the two and they both worry me. I've never dealt with Samsung phones before so I don't know what to expect from them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 2G 4GB, Sharp 705SH, Samsung 707SCII,Sharp 903SH, Toshiba 903T
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung u410

Hello,

If you are only able to choose between the u340 and u410, then the u410 might be worth looking at. I had the u410 and have friends with it and we were all satisfied. It is not the best out there but it has the following:

Internet browser (the 340 does not)
    Color front screen for picture id
    Key pad seems solid and great feeling (the direction pad is the first one I have come across that does not feel like it is going to fall off)
    Decent reception and battery life.

Things to remember the antenna is built in and placed at the top so if you run your hands across the top of the back you will lose signal and get interference (there is a sticker saying this on the top of the phone)

There are a lot of reviews that say the camera button is easy to trigger and turn on because of the button on the side of the phone. I carried it in my pocket for 2 weeks and never once did I turn the camera on accidentally.

All and all it is a good phone for $50-$60 but not for more then that. Let me ask you this, is your mom almost ready for her new phone every two? If so you should be able to find a better phone for her free or under $50.

The other option is to go on eBay and buy a replacement battery for the Moto she has or try to track down a brand new Moto like the one she has now. This gives the added benefit of being able to simply continue using her old tried and true phone or at least a new replacement of hers.

Good luck
    L

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i would upgrade her through bestbuy.com/cellphones.
    IMO the samsungs are both very cheaply made and i would choose something else. the motorola w755's are only $20 and the lg vx8350's are $30. Plus the nokia 6205 dark night edition and regular are free with upgrade. Looks like a good phone, nice keypad and the themes seem less confusing then other verizon phones

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 2G 4GB, Sharp 705SH, Samsung 707SCII,Sharp 903SH, Toshiba 903T
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Phone

Now that I think about it, if your mom likes her phoen and the battery is the only thing wrong with it. I would just get a new battery for it. It runs under $10 shipped for a brand new one on eBay and online sellers.

It is Motorola part# SNN5762A and is still made because it is in the Moto Q, Z6tv, W315 and a host of other phones. At Verizon it will run you $39.99.

In the long run it is better to replace just the battery even if it cost a bit more then the $20 you want to spend on an upgrade as there is no selling of ones soul to a carrier for two more years just to get an up grade.

Make sure you get an OEM one

Cheers

Leon

Feedback Score

Help with ringtones on telus samsung u410

Hi, we are with telus and my son would like to create his own ringtones
    and be able to use them with telus. Could somebody help me with this, that would be really appreciated and please if you can explain the process with details cause I'm new to this.