Thread: GPS - Enable/Disable?

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

GPS - Enable/Disable?

I have a C702, and was wondering if whether disabling the GPS saved me battery life? Does having the GPS constantly enabled (but not necessarily used by a program) use battery life? Or does it only use power when I actually see the little satellite icon going?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hm, it shoudl safe the battery, but just a little bit, dont know if its so significant..

Device(s)
    N82
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    GPS does chew up battery power.

Feedback Score
    ok, so now we know

Mobile Phone Insurance

Feedback Score
    When you would you use your mobile battery always be finished even in stand by mode battery is used continuously, but that is very consumption. Yoiu have to disable your GPS application time to time if you want to give more life to battery.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w600i
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    The GPS is only drawing a lot of current if you are using an application that requires the use of the GPS. This is when the satellite icon appears on the main screen. I would imagine it would be in a low power state when you are not using it. And yes, you could disable it and maybe it would give you longer battery life, but I doubt it would be enough to notice since the low power state will be drawing something on the order of tens of microamps.

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm of the same mindset, hatemachine. I presume it's in a standby mode, drawing extremely small amounts of power. Thanks for the insight.