View Poll Results: What do you think of The Hacker Manual?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its what we needed man!

5 50.00%
  • Good - Over joyed!

3 30.00%
  • Bad - it Sucks!

1 10.00%
  • Don't Know Just yet?

1 10.00%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: SCH-R450 - Samsunng (R450m)

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickc18
    if your talking about the 6 digit security code for your account, it should be your birthday: example: January 01, 2001= 010101

No, the SEC code is the unlock code needed at menu > settings > *

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Just for clarification.
    The Menus and relative codes are:

Menu

3. Messages
    * (don't know this one)

4. @Metro
    * Lock code. (Last four digits of your number)

5. MetroWEB

9. Settings
    * MetroPCS Code (587846) for basic programming
    OR
    * Unlock code, SPC code, SEC, whatever you call it, it's the code you calculate from the MEID(see long post I made earlier for this)

# MetroPCS Code (587846) For advanced settings (connection, USB, tethering, etc.)

The lock code is the last four digits of your number by DEFAULT. You may have changed it by going to:
    Menu > 9 (settings) > 5 (Phone Settings) > 3 (Security) > (your current lock code, if it is default: your last four digits, or if you changed it) > 2 (Change Lock)

These are all the hidden menus to my knowledge at this point.

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alaric7
    Just for clarification.
    The Menus and relative codes are:

Menu

3. Messages
    * (don't know this one)

4. @Metro

5. MetroWEB

9. Settings
    OR
    * Unlock code, SPC code, SEC, whatever you call it, it's the code you calculate from the MEID(see long post I made earlier for this)

# MetroPCS Code (587846) For advanced settings (connection, USB, tethering, etc.)

The lock code is the last four digits of your number by DEFAULT. You may have changed it by going to:
    Menu > 9 (settings) > 5 (Phone Settings) > 3 (Security) > (your current lock code, if it is default: your last four digits, or if you changed it) > 2 (Change Lock)

These are all the hidden menus to my knowledge at this point.

>>>>* Unlock code, SPC code, SEC, whatever you call it, it's the code you calculate from the MEID(see long post I made earlier for this)

Dont understand where this menu is? The phone dont have 2 * with 2 code numbers that I know of?
    Author of "Inside the Samsung R450"
    The Hackers Manual
    DOWNLOAD V3.0

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-R450
    Carrier(s)
    metropcs
    Feedback Score

Question meid code?

9. Settings
    OR
    [QUOTE]

I need help with the calculator I suppose, cuz I can't come up with the converted # to enter. If I use (587846) after
    9. Settings, * it says - Invalid Code

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rashou812
    >>>>* Unlock code, SPC code, SEC, whatever you call it, it's the code you calculate from the MEID(see long post I made earlier for this)

Dont understand where this menu is? The phone dont have 2 * with 2 code numbers that I know of?
    It's the same menu, except you can enter one of two codes, both work, both do different things. So:

Menu > Settings> * > (Prompts: "Enter Sec Code:") 587846, OR your unlock code.

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=norcalmason]9. Settings
    OR

I need help with the calculator I suppose, cuz I can't come up with the converted # to enter. If I use (587846) after
    9. Settings, * it says - Invalid Code
    You need to convert your MEID to pESN, using the .exe program from http://rapidshare.com/files/14891836...exdec.exe.html like I said you need the .NET runtime.

Input that pESN to this .xls file: http://rapidshare.com/files/14891765...lator.xls.html Enter the pESN in the cell to calculate your unlock code.

Where are you stuck?

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=alaric7]
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalmason
    9. Settings
    OR

You need to convert your MEID to pESN, using the .exe program from http://rapidshare.com/files/14891836...exdec.exe.html like I said you need the .NET runtime.

Input that pESN to this .xls file: http://rapidshare.com/files/14891765...lator.xls.html Enter the pESN in the cell to calculate your unlock code.

Where are you stuck?

I come up with the same Invalid Code problem when I did it the way you said..

Got the number from the phone, (menu 9,7,4) (02195558)
    Serie Hexadecimal, did this first.
    Then Serie Decimal: (00201660248) I
    put that into (MS EXCEL) the ESN (DEC) and push enter.
    Got the Subsidy Unlock Code. (838450)
    Enter this into the - Settings, *, 838450
    Got this "Invalid Code"

But will read it all once again. Maybe I missed a step..

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=rashou812]
    Quote Originally Posted by alaric7

I come up with the same Invalid Code problem when I did it the way you said..

Got the number from the phone, (menu 9,7,4) (02195558)
    Serie Hexadecimal, did this first.
    Then Serie Decimal: (00201660248) I
    put that into (MS EXCEL) the ESN (DEC) and push enter.
    Got the Subsidy Unlock Code. (838450)
    Enter this into the - Settings, *, 838450
    Got this "Invalid Code"

But will read it all once again. Maybe I missed a step..
    Did you convert your DEC to pESN to put into the excel document?

Device(s)
    Samsung R450m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Menu Settings *
    587846 works for me. Useless though, unless you want to reactivate your phone on metro with a new number. I called Metro support and the person told me to do this. So perhaps if it is not working for you they need to unlock it at network side? Actually I just checked. It no longer works for me.

Menu Settings *
    SPC code Whatever it is it's the same as above except more advanced, no useful options unless you're switching network.

The only useful thing about the SPC code is you can go into QPST and tinker.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-R450
    Carrier(s)
    metropcs
    Feedback Score

Question

[QUOTE=alaric7]
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalmason
    9. Settings
    OR

Where are you stuck?

the pESN I get is 807761e3
    12807823843.....from there I can't get anything from the calculator when I input the dec #; but if there's really nothing to update in that area, I won't spend any more time on it.
    Getting JAVA would be the best thing

Feedback Score
    Does any of this help me to use the R450 as a modem via BT?????????
    I called the Samsung tech # and they said that this phones BT does NOT support modem/tethering....
    Can anyone please help!?!?!?!?

Device(s)
    sam-sch r350 and lg Vx8575
    Carrier(s)
    Ghettro pcs
    Feedback Score

I cracked the last lock codes needed

ok i now that i found the lock code in "ok,messages,*" and the 10 dig" code in settings but have no idea what the hell all these settings are.....
    ok the first code in messages brings up menus for mms provision

1=mmsc domain
    http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc

2=mmsc domain 2
    (blank)

3=UAProf
    http:// uaprof.metropcs.net/UAProf/sam-r450.xml

4=AUTH Mode
    commercial (default)
    LAB Test
    Domestic Test

5= mms User Agent
    sam-r450
    I think these have to do with your message retreval

now the 10 dig code menu found in settings (ok,settings,#,587846,#10 dig)
    wow now this shows some ****...i could use some help on these...
    ok when this code is unlocked it brings u to Param Editor menu

1=SYSINFO Editor
    when inside this menu u have alot of settings when < or > is pressed..
    "will post these soon"

2= USERPREFS Editor
    again a lot of **** when < or > is pressed
    "will post these soon

3= Builid Version
    from what i see no settings just info and a e-mail address must be who programmed the phone before shipped

it will take me awhile ...a long while but will post the settings found in the sysinfo and userprefs menus asap..if any one has info on these settings please drop a note....now last but not least anyone got info on the A-Key code and what the hell its used for or what it does... also when paired with my computer via bluetooth the phone shows folders that i cant access any idea what this is used for... and will any of these settings i found help with anything?? f*ck metropcs...i just want free games and @metro crap maybe it will make up for there sh*ity cust service...lol

Thanks Sparky

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    You should slow down a little and tell us what the 10 dig number is so others can start working on this.

Device(s)
    sam-sch r350 and lg Vx8575
    Carrier(s)
    Ghettro pcs
    Feedback Score
    the 10 dig code is the 6 dig lock code that u get from the metro calc. plus the last 4 dig of ur phone number or what ever you set as your 4 dig lock code too"wonder why no one else fig that out" once inside u can scroll threw the user pref list to find the lock code for ok,message,6dig also the master unlock if ur phone is ever lock and u forget the user pass thats #unlocked# ..so far thats all that iv been able to fig. out there is a few other lock codes that are not set in the list too. but not sure what they do also the phone will shut off half way threw the list so u must scroll the other way to see the rest of the list..if anyone fig out what anything is in there please send me a message ...let me know if this worked for you

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky209
    the 10 dig code is the 6 dig lock code that u get from the metro calc. plus the last 4 dig of ur phone number or what ever you set as your 4 dig lock code too"wonder why no one else fig that out" once inside u can scroll threw the user pref list to find the lock code for ok,message,6dig also the master unlock if ur phone is ever lock and u forget the user pass thats #unlocked# ..so far thats all that iv been able to fig. out there is a few other lock codes that are not set in the list too. but not sure what they do also the phone will shut off half way threw the list so u must scroll the other way to see the rest of the list..if anyone fig out what anything is in there please send me a message ...let me know if this worked for you
    the metro calc.? the (587846) + (####)

587846####

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast