Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Tethering MetroPCS w/ Samsung SCH-r450 - Success!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Okay he said it did work and then he got a metroPCS Popup saying "You don't have service for this" and it stopped working... Any idea how to prevent this..

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo
    Okay he said it did work and then he got a metroPCS Popup saying "You don't have service for this" and it stopped working... Any idea how to prevent this..
    how did you get it to work? i followed the instructions but there is no DUN enable option in MENU>SETTINGS>9 # .....

i have internet on the phone, how did you get it to dial network? i keep getting an error where it can't connect (638)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

How did you get DUN enabled

Quote Originally Posted by gith
    I've got a samsung freeform, I've got DUN enabled and can make a connection. I even pickup an IP address (starts 10.215) but I get disconnected after 5-10 seconds. I've tried on several machines running xp, win7, and linux all with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.
    I've been thru the phone over and over trying to find the DUN option to turn on. Can't find it. Used Menu 9# 587864. That gets me to another menu. Is the code different for the Freeform?

When I try connection I get the network didn't respond. I think it is error 678.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond flashed to MetroPCS
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Tethering HTC Touch Diamond on MetroPCS Success!!

I have a flashed HTC Touch Diamond P3700(Sprint model) with working (metro pcs carrier) wap, gps and mms. I have successfully tether my phone with my laptop.

1) Internet sharing via USB (data cable).

2) Choose USB from PC Connection:

3) Network Connections choose mymetropcs connection setting

4) Makes a connection with laptop, I see the two little computer light on the systray.

5) Made changes to IE settings on my laptop: internet options/connections/Lan Settings/Proxy Server/Use Proxy with wap.metropcs.net 3128.

And Bang, surf the web anywhere MetroPCS has coverage.

NOTE:
    I tried PDAnet...no luck.
    I tried Modem setup ...no luck.
    I tried PAN .. no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jd_swfla
    Ive successfully tethered my Samsung Messenger (SCH-r450) via USB to my laptop, and have full web on the go now. I havent found any info from others who have yet... so just letting you know that it IS possible... its the connection that Im using to post this! AND... NO MSL code was needed, period.

Quick recap of what I DID in case you have the same phone and are trying...

1) Download and install Samsung PC Studio (it will hook up the proper drivers for Samsung CDMA Technologies)

2) On your phone, press MENU, then "9", then "#"... use code "587846". Select the bottom option, "DUN". Check "ENABLE".

3) Setup a new Dialup connection via control panel (XP). Use the following info...

Dial: #777
    User: [your10digiTeleNum]@mymetropcs.com
    Pass: mymetropcs

Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
    Port: 3128

4) Dialup the new connection and enjoy your free, full, internet!

I have not tested speeds yet, but it says it connects at 230.4Kbps So in conclusion, thanks for the bits and pieces of info found around this site. I hadnt found anyone else who has successfully tethered their Samsung SCH-r450... but it IS possible with MetroPCS! Im in South Florida if that matters to anyone, and I have the $45/month plan which includes "Mobile Web" on my phone.

Have fun!
    -JD

Carrier(s)
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey guys.. use these websites to help you surf more efficiently...

http://www.tiltview.com this helps find mobile websites of popular websites

http://www.skweezer.com this formats most sites to mobile sites that are most efficient

http://cantoni.mobi/

For anyone who is not aware.. this is still a faster version of dialup. Don't expect to be watching videos and such. Use it mostly for text, email, and chat. So try and have a separate folder on your favorites of all mobile versions of the websites you surf.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Thumbs up phone probs with connecting to computer

You seem pretty smart with this stuff i have a question about my phone its the same as you now when i first got i was able to connect to a pc but now it wont connect at all but when i plug it into my computer and it will recharge but that all plz i need help

Carrier(s)
    Metropcs
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cflrider View Post
    I've been thru the phone over and over trying to find the DUN option to turn on. Can't find it. Used Menu 9# 587864. That gets me to another menu. Is the code different for the Freeform?

When I try connection I get the network didn't respond. I think it is error 678.
    To anyone having problems with the Samsung freeform and Dial Up Network just follow this guide and you should get it to work. I just did it and it works very well.

GUIDE

Go to menu, settings and press the # key
    1) After pressing # in the settings menu enter: 587486
    2) Press # again and enter: 8886573982
    3) Go to the menu called USER PREFS and press the up key until you reach DUN_CABLE_ENABLE:I
    4) Change the DUN_CABLE_ENABLE:I value from 1 to 0
    5) Connect to the computer and THERE YA GO

(To make this work you must set up the connection instructions below)

Now this works on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Opera

*TO SET UP INTERNET DIAL-UP CONNECTION:

1) Go to Internet Explorer, Tools, and Internet Options.
    2) Click Connections , then click Setup
    3) Click Next, Connect to the Internet, And then Setup Connection Manually
    4) Select Connect using dial-up modem and select your modem which should be Samsung Mobile Modem
    (it should be there if you installed the drivers that came in your cd your drivers) (if you need the drivers just post me back and I get them for you)
    5) Name your ISP (means to name your connection) (make one up)
    6) Phone number is: #777
    7) USERNAME: (your-10-digit-number)@mymetropcs.net (WITHOUT the parenthesis)
    PASSWORD: mymetropcs
    8) After you Click Finish go back into your Internet Options, Connections tab, then select your new dial-up connection and click Settings
    9) Click Use a proxy server for this connection and enter for the ADDRESS: wap.metropcs.net PORT: 3128
    10) Make sure under Dial-up settings below the username and password are filled in (USERNAME: [email protected] and PASSWORD: mymetropcs) *DOMAIN does not have to be filled in*
    11) YOUR DONE !

**I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPED PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT DOES/DOESNT**

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    has anyone figured out how to set this up over a bluetooth connection? if so can someone sent me a link. or walk me through it. thank you so much.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    has anyone found A way to tether using the bluetooth

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have cricket and I just tried it and it works.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone found the hidden menu for the Straight Talk version of the Samsung SGH-T401G?
    It has the tracfone logo, and I can't seem to find it anywhere! I've tried numerous codes.
    Also, does anyone know how to disable the network lock on this phone? For data applications?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    can anyone tell me if there is any spysoftware out there that work on the samsung mesenger sch-r450 please let me know thanks

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11