Thread: Stupid Customer Action of the Day Part III

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II (en route)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T 1400 FT plan (4 lines)
    Feedback Score

Stupid Customer Action of the Day Part III

(Because Part II was 17 pages LONG!!)

A guy calls the other day.. he's been with us since 2005. He asks me if we have a 600 minute plan. I tell him that we have a 450 and a 900 minute plan and tell him the price of both. He asks me to make a 600 minute price plan especially for him. Of course, I tell him that I cannot do that.

He asks me to then tailor a plan for him, he doesn't care what the minutes are, just under 900 and above 450 and have it be $49.99. I advised him that the PPs that we have were in effect 3 years ago (exactly) and that I cannot change them or custom-make a rate plan for him.

The customer asks to speak to my manager since I'm so unwilling to work with him. I gladly pass him on to my manager.

My manager put in the notes that he, too told the customer that he can't create a plan and added that the customer spent another 10 minutes complaining about the government and big corporate offices not willing to bend for the customer.

NBO (2004-2005)
    Cust Care (2005 until present)
    AT&T > cingular > at&t... been through it all.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    I think the 600 min plan is still in Telegence... but yeah. Seriously, we can't give it to the guy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The Nation 600 plan can no longer be added in CARE mkts but some customers still have the plan.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Nokia E72, Nokia N97, Nokia E71, Nokia E66, BB Bold, BB 8310, Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    The new at&t - Love the phone options! /
    Feedback Score
    Here's one I've been sitting on for a while, wondering if I should post or not (kinda feel sorry for her), but . . . in the interest of entertainment, the show must go on:

Older woman comes into the store with her sister to complain about an atrocious bill.

As I am trained to do, I immediately pull up account to look at rollover history, and sure enough, she has been going over monthly for almost a year, but her rollover minutes just ran out. I explained this to her, and then the fireworks started.

Listen here, you, I am old, retired, I have cancer, and I am a widow. When the hell would I make calls?

(Of course I am thinking to myself, if you are old and retired, and no longer have a man, when wouldn't you have time to make calls?) But I calmly tell her that I am very sorry for her condition, and if she'd like we can go through the bill and verify the calls were made by her or not.

No, I dont have time for this, I have CANCER!!! (SCREAMING) then she takes off her wig (to prove to me I guess?) and throws it on the floor.

Then she starts yelling obsenities, and oddities at other customers in the store, she even told one person to take her groceries out of her car for her.

I did my best to calm her down (as did her sister) and we started going through the bill. As we went down the page I noticed that almost all of the calls were to one number, which she said she didnt recognize, so I asked if it would be okay to call the number to shed some light on this. She agreed, so I dialed and low and behold, her sisters phone starts ringing. Seems we have solved the dilema, you've been talking to your sister a lot. No, shes been talking to me, I barely ever say anything, I have CANCER (Again SCREAMING).

I tried (hopelessly) to explain that a conversation is two ways, and she will be billed even if she is silent. She wasn't happy, refused to upgrade her rate plan, and on her way out, stopped right in the middle of the store, gave me the devil's stare (I swear the devil!) and said, and I quote (as best as I can remember):

I know people you know, They are my people, and if I need them, they will come running to my aide. I hope you know people. The government knows people, but they aren't my people. You just remember that SIR! <- said with a disgusted sarcasm.

After she left I had three customers come and congratulate me on how I handled the situation. Like I said, I know there is a problem, but man, that was one stupid customer action, if I may say so.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Kinda like kids who constantly misbehave, your cancer is not a golden ticket to be a d-bag. Nice one calling the sister in store

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II (en route)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T 1400 FT plan (4 lines)
    Feedback Score
    I love it Re: calling her sister's phone. Pulling a "I'm in a wheelchair" "I have cancer" "I'm disabled" card never ever ever ever flies with me. it's not that I'm a cold, heartless B*** because I'm not. I've been there myself in some of these circumstances. I've rowed the boat. Don't preach to the choir!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl (ATT)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hilarious story about cancer woman. I am so glad I don't have to talk to these whack jobs face to face.
    I spent 30 minutes yesterday "testing the resolution" with a woman to send and email to herself on her blackberry.
    She kept typing her own email address wrong and kept having trouble with getting correct letter to show up on the pearl. I got to listen the whole time to "this is broke" and "you should make this more user friendly" I told her that the curve has a button for every letter and she replied "so you mean I have to buy another phone to do that" and "so your telling me my phone is useless".
    I wish I could tell her she was useless and a dumb *** for thing I can change a setting on her phone to make only one letter show up when she pressed a button. How the hell does she expect it to know which letter she wants and where would the other letters go.
    Our center has been dead though. Like 15 to 20 minutes in between calls. The dumbasses do bring joy to my day and give me something to talk about on break.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile; Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madd_dogg_914
    Listen here, you, I am old, retired, I have cancer, and I am a widow. When the hell would I make calls?

(Of course I am thinking to myself, if you are old and retired, and no longer have a man, when wouldn't you have time to make calls?)
    LMAO, that was hilarious but, you did handle that situation extremely well.
    Join In

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Have these two older ladies never heard of mobil to mobile?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sister was on Metro, and was badmouthing at&t the whole time, how can they do this to someone with cancer . . . (as if they know, becuase we all know what a diabolical company at&t is)

-Chris

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madd_dogg_914
    Sister was on Metro, and was badmouthing at&t the whole time, how can they do this to someone with cancer . . . (as if they know, becuase we all know what a diabolical company at&t is)

-Chris
    Don't you know, at&t hates puppies (according to time warner.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Puppies and children (unless they txt a lot) - and of course cancer patients!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8300
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Customer comes in chippery..... Asks about an early night and weekend charge on a family plan(it was for the single line) that was started in 2006! He then proceeds to say "I just noticed that charge and I want a refund..." WTF.com?!?! I tell him that it is not the fault of ATT nor anyone else except him(with some tact mind you) that he just noticed the charge. He storms off.....

15 minutes later he returns with a rye smile on his face and a phone to his ear. Lo and behold the gentleman had called customer service and got a rep on the phone and you know what happens? He gets credit for the ENTIRE 2yrs that he had the feature on, plus a 50 "good customer" credit for the inconvience. He then proceeds to tell the rep on the phone that they need to come to the store and train us to better serve their customers!!! Things that make you go.... WTF?!?!?!

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrantC
    15 minutes later he returns with a rye smile on his face and a phone to his ear. Lo and behold the gentleman had called customer service and got a rep on the phone and you know what happens? He gets credit for the ENTIRE 2yrs that he had the feature on, plus a 50 "good customer" credit for the inconvience. He then proceeds to tell the rep on the phone that they need to come to the store and train us to better serve their customers!!! Things that make you go.... WTF?!?!?!
    When I worked in Sales/Billing for a major phone carrier, I hated when other reps did that too. I clearly can see they aren't deserving of such a large credit, but they call back and next rep gives it anyways! Even sometimes I would note the charges ARE VALID and they are just readily ignored.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrantC
    I would of offered only two months credit back to his account for the feature at most. That's all. There was no reason to credit it back to him for two years plus an additional 50.00 as he obviously was taking advantage of the feature the entire two years and he should have reviewed his account.

As for the comment about the store, I would have advised him that the stores do not credit the account for features and they should have directed him to CS. You can always send in agent feed back on the CS rep that credited the account for the charges.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast