Thread: 02 Plan Question.

Device(s)
    Currently Nokia 8800 SE and LG KE970(Shine)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

02 Plan Question.

So I have been with 02 for the past 18 months and my contract is ended in August. Even though the plan isn't canceled until I call them to cancel it.

I don't want to be the contract anymore, and want to go on pay as you go. So my question is if I can keep my existing number and close the monthly plan and go on to pay as you go.

Also if it is possible to have web bolt on's with pay as you go sim's.

And if someone knows of any best pay as you go plans out right now, it'll be great?

I am currently in Canada so can't really call them right now and take any decisions, so i am trying to do a bit of early research before I actually get there next month and do this.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hm, of course you can keep your number, whatsmore, no matter what provider you use, you can even change the provider..

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    you may have a problem if you want to go from O2 Contract to O2 PAYG... but you can ask.

If you want to move network ask them for a PAC code... then when you have a PAYG sim you can contact your new provider, give them your PAC code and they will move the number (and cancel your old contract).

For Data T-mobile, O2 and 3 offer PAYG bolt ons. I think Voda and Orange only offer capped daily rates... but i could be wrong about those two

3 is £5 per month
    and O2 T-mobile are £7.50 on PAYG
    You'd have thought someone would of put a sig here...

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    I've moved from Simplicity (pay monthly without contract) to PAYG, and there was no problem at all.

Keep in mind some snag I encountered and got me very disappointed with O2: the O2Web bolt-on is DIFFERENT between pay monthly and PAYG.

I had email configured in my phone's email client (Gmail account to be precise), and on PAYG it won't work. O2 ONLY allows Yahoo, Hotmail and O2 email to be accessed. The rest, you gotta do by web. Same for a lot of things, I couldn't use Google Maps (had to go by web), Gizmo (chat client) until I made it connect through HTTP, and even now I'm finding the GMail Java application doens't quite work.

IOW, O2 limits PAYG much more in that department than other providers... And yes I did email them my discontentment, which probably led them to block even more stuff that I told htem I figured out how to access. LOL. ARGH

Patrix.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you're out of a contract and want a PAYG web bolt-on, I would suggest moving to a Simplicity plan. You can keep your number, etc. and are basically on a pay monthly plan where you have to give 30 days notice to cancel. Because O2 is not subsidising your handset, the monthly rates are quite low (e.g., £20 for 600 min, 500 texts, and unlimited web).