Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting The GPS to Work on the HTC Diamond

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    Except that GPS isn't a service that TELUS is providing. GPS is free, from the government.

Technically they're providing aGPS, but that just gives quicker fixes and isn't even necessary!

Anyway apparently people don't mind renting the hardware they've already paid for, so good for you TELUS. Increase that shareholder value!

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w4lker
    Except that GPS isn't a service that TELUS is providing. GPS is free, from the government.

Technically they're providing aGPS, but that just gives quicker fixes and isn't even necessary!

Anyway apparently people don't mind renting the hardware they've already paid for, so good for you TELUS. Increase that shareholder value!
    some people already have Gmaps working ... which means they arent paying for a service.

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    i finally got mine working on my phone im gonna post what i used thanks to maxpower929 gvae me the last piece of the puzzle. check in the following post

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    follow these instructions first

the programs u need can be found here

the get spc program should be put on ur phones memory card in and put the hex number in the input field

Quote Originally Posted by a1jatt
    hex fformat will have mixture of letters and numbers.

if you dial ##778 and press send , then click on view , you will see hex esn right there
    then these

Quote Originally Posted by tobeychris

I'm assuming the Diamond layout is the same as the touch menu-wise.

First try going to Settings > Phone > Choose Location settings, and see that it is on. If that doesn't work, try this:

QPST GPSOne Settings:

These settings are used to properly configure the Assisted-GPS on the Telus HTC Touch (Vogue). Without these settings, many people cannot get the gps to work, but after applying these setting, get an instant GPS lock.

1. Connect your Vogue to your computer with the usb cable. This is also an excellent time to back up anything, just in case.

2. We need to put the phone in diagnostic mode. This is done by running dmrouter.exe, similar to epst.exe by dialing ##DIAG Send (##3424 Send) or ##DIAG# (##3424#)

3. Let windows install your new hardware. There will be two dialogs that come up. The first one should install after you click next. The next will require a file called qcmdmxp.sys and says it can't be found. As luck has it, your computer already has this file, and it's located here:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\.
    Simply tell the wizard to look there, and it will show the file, click on it, and the installation will finish.

4. Install QPST if you haven't already.

5. Run the Service Programming program under the QPST start menu.

6. Double click on the little globe at the bottom right of your screen.

7. Click on Add New Port, and add COM4 - USB/QC DIAGNOSTIC. (might be another COM for some people)

8. Close the QPST Configuration window, and go back to the QPST Service Programming window.

9. Click on your phone, which should now be there, and then click OK.

10. Click on Read From Phone and then enter your SPC and click OK.

11. Goto the gpsOne tab (you'll have to scroll to the right) and enter these details:

Code:
    Allowed = checked
    Assistanc-Spherical = checked
    PDE IP Address = 216.198.139.92
    PDE Port Number = 8889
    PDE Transport = IP
    Position Calculation = PDE
    12. SOFT RESET

13. Test GPS - I got 8 satellites in 1s.

(Originally discovered by ghetto)

Although this is NOT the same phone, will someone post the QPST Service Programming result from the Diamond? These setting are what fixed the Touch GPS and have a good chance of doing the same on the diamond.
    then this

Quote Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
    The customizations only need to run once. The fact that you have 3.07.661 says they had ran that first time (like you said) and don't need to be run after that.

I'm checking for the actual changes made by those two steps.

In the Assisted GPS Hack.cab the only actual change to your phone is EnableGPSSmartMode changing from 0 => 1
    GPSMode also changes from 2 to 4, but many have found that this really does nothing.

I'm going to see if this does anything, or if the answer lies in the .dll

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    ive tested above with microsoft live search with yahoo go and google maps all work but google is honestly the fastest then live search yahoo go is a pain in the ***

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    ive tested above with microsoft live search with yahoo go and google maps all work but google is honestly the fastest then live search yahoo go is a pain in the ***
    So you're all set for gps then?

I need to do this soon.

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pgfreak
    So you're all set for gps then?

I need to do this soon.

yup finally after frusrating hours its working even in my basement

Device(s)
    LG G4 H815 / iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My GPS works right out of the box. I just installed Google maps and it took about 20 seconds for it to get a lock on my location...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ...sorry I forgot to post the SPC instructions

Glad the same method works though.

As for Vista.. search for the file on google? XP works fine.

Device(s)
    htc p4000
    Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmsmith
    My GPS works right out of the box. I just installed Google maps and it took about 20 seconds for it to get a lock on my location...
    did you have to alter any thing to your fone?

Device(s)
    LG G4 H815 / iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_jones
    did you have to alter any thing to your fone?
    wierdly enough, no. I figured i would have to like everyone else. i just installed google maps and selected "Use GPS" and it found a lock very quickly. I am not sure why.....

Device(s)
    htc p4000
    Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    has anyone been able to get gps on the diamond with these instructions...riley is using a p4000 if im not mistaken...im pretty sure its two different things...i've experienced a few problems....firstly can't even get the spc...

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_jones
    has anyone been able to get gps on the diamond with these instructions...riley is using a p4000 if im not mistaken...im pretty sure its two different things...i've experienced a few problems....firstly can't even get the spc...

spc u must get ur hex esn so follow the first line at the top u must put the spc programs in the link i posted where the programs are and put the spc program on ur phone. and enter the hex esn once u get it in the input field when u open get spc on ur phone.

its windows mobile so it should all work the same

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmsmith
    wierdly enough, no. I figured i would have to like everyone else. i just installed google maps and selected "Use GPS" and it found a lock very quickly. I am not sure why.....
    I had a similar experience, although the first lock was far from "quick". Actually had to retry a couple times, even when walking outdoors. But now it's fast, and I'm getting 6 satellites downstairs.

Clint

Device(s)
    htc p4000
    Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CNeufeld
    I had a similar experience, although the first lock was far from "quick". Actually had to retry a couple times, even when walking outdoors. But now it's fast, and I'm getting 6 satellites downstairs.

Clint
    what com port are you using

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast