Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Retention and Plan Advice: What do you think of... / How do I get...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Retention and Plan Advice: What do you think of... / How do I get...

With the constant request for help and information on retention and plan deals/advice we have decided to re-organize and collect all information into two threads.

Post here to seek advice on retention offers, getting deals, and advice on plan selections.

If you are looking to list and show off your retention or plan deal and see what others have got, please post to the Retention and Plan Deals: Look what I got!.

There is a lot of information contained on past experiences in both threads so please review and remember that you can always use the Search this Thread from the top thread menu bar.

Previously all information was listed in The Ultimate Loyalty And Retention What Should I Be Looking For Mega Thread. This thread has now been closed but can be browsed through for information on retention deals.

How do I contact Loyalty and Retention (LnR)? Loyalty and Retention Direct Number: 1-877-279-3100
    Last edited by koolin; 02-12-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yay first person
    I currently have the student faves 40 that was offered last august, and want to switch to the faves 50 plan for the unlimited data to use on my curve.
    However i noticed it doesnt come with Voicemail or Caller ID which are rather important. This numbers been activated for just about a year now, while my account with them was created in '99.

Any tips on how i could try and get CID and VM out of them for free?

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    id personally just call up and ask say hey im willing to jump up to the 50 dollar plan but im on a budget and cant afford paying more for caller id and voicemail. is there anything you can do to help me out?

And see what happens it doesnt hurt to ask just dont ask for a million different things. But i personally think Caller ID and VM are fair.
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Device(s)
    LG CX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility (EPP Talk 17.30)
    Feedback Score
    Hi, my brother has been with Telus on our family account for about 4 years now. (Our family has been with Telus since 1998) He originally signed up with a 3 year contract with a simple $30 Talk plan that he barely used. Now it's at year 4, and he's been without a contract for a year. He's in university, so he'll need text messages (about 100 a month would be enough), long distance (he's living outside of Toronto, and he needs to call people outside of London, ON), Voide Mail, and Caller ID. Right now, he's on the EPP 17.30 plan and the promotional 1 year free Caller ID is about to run out. Is there a way to negotiate getting Caller ID, text messages, long distance, and voice mail 3 for a good price (or ideally, free for the contract?) We're willing to sign up for a 3 year contract, and he wants the LG Venus phone. How should we approach this? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi there

To switch to Telus for a Diamond, they offered me:

1. Max 45 Plan($45/mth): $0 for the 1st yr, $40.5 for the rest 2 years.
    700min,CW, CC, VM3, u/l Night/Eve @8pm
    2. Free CID for 1 year
    3. u/l Web,Email,IM for $15.00
    4. Diamond for $149.99

So I'm going to pay $6.95+0.75+15=22.7 x Tax = $25.42/mth x 12 mths = 305.04 for the first year. For the rest 2 years, I have to pay $40.5 more each month. That's 791.04 for a year.

I'm currently w/ Rogers for which I pay only $20+6.95+0.75=27.7*1.12=$31.02/mth. I'm getting:
    200min, CID, u/l Night & Eve from 8pm, u/l incoming (Which I thing is a big thing and Telus wouldn't offer me)

My questions are:
    1. Is it possible to negotiate w/ Telus after one year to reduce the cost of the plan?
    2. What's the best after one year could I get from them?
    3. Can I get a u/l incoming from Them?

Thomas

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've never heard of them doing that. Why did they say they'd give you $45 discount every month for a year?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeychris
    I've never heard of them doing that. Why did they say they'd give you $45 discount every month for a year?
    I don't know. I never asked. But if they don't, why should I switch? I mean my Rogers plan is pretty good.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I would honestly take the plan, then downgrade to an EPP plan after 1 year. They probably won't do anything, if they do, threaten to cancel and they'll load your plan up.

May I ask how you were offered this? Were you in a store? Did they call you? Did you call them? Was it at a kiosk at an event?

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just got:

Supertalk 15
    200 Anytime
    1000 evening/weekend
    Caller ID
    Voicemail

No discount on phone.

Been with Telus 5 years and my contract is done in December.

I would like 50 more anytime minutes, and if possible, an additional discount on a phone on a three year plan. Retention said that since I got this supertalk 15, i get no discount of a phone. I would like that new Samsung Samsung A523 for free, or at LEAST the KRZR.

Is it possible/likely? And what should I be saying to the rep?

Thanks a lot

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I had this in the other retention thread but didn't get any replies. I'm still looking for advice if anybody can jump in!

Just called Telus to see if I could switch from the myfaves25 to the new $35 student plan and I was told that I couldn't unless I renewed my contract.
    They told me I was 15 months into my 3 year when I'm in fact 22 months into it...no idea where that came from and it didn't hit me until after I hung up. I've been waiting for the Bold to come out. I bought the HTC s640 when it first came out and I hate it. When I went to the store to ask about it he told me I'd be eligible for a renewal in in October...and that the Bold would be coming out in Oct-Nov. I was hesitant about that since I don't even think Verizon has it yet.
    I asked about canceling my contract and she said it would be $1300 which doesn't make much sense either.

What do I do next? This is crap.
    I called L&R this morning asking if I could switch to the student35 plan. He gave me to the "only applicable to new contracts" thing. I told him that I had heard of people already on contract getting it and he just told me that he could not speak on behalf of the reps they dealt with. He said he was willing to look at other features I could add to my existing plan, I said I could go without the unlimited web browsing since I use my wifi 80% of the time. The conversation went from that too "all I can do is give you a $100 credit towards a new smartphone and renew your contract...with that we could add a perk for your convenience".

Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing out of my convo, despite me mentioning that I've been a customer for 8 years and that I would remain a telus customer.

They have all this on file...so do I just call back tomorrow and repeat the whole story? I think I'm aggravated now more than ever. I couldn't believe how unwilling to negotiate anything the guy was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vijskan
    I received this after signing a 3 year contract with the HTC diamond. I am a new customer to Telus.

Max 45 (I only pay the SAF for the first year so $6.95)
    700 daytime minutes
    Evenings & Weekends starting at 6pm - $5
    CID, VM, CW - Included
    250 txt outgoing/unlimted incoming - Free
    Unlimited web/email/im - $15

So $6.95 + 0.75 + $5 + $15 + tax

= $31.30

how?? im not too sure... part luck part persistence is all i can say.
    Interesting deal, what store did you get this deal at?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeychris
    I would honestly take the plan, then downgrade to an EPP plan after 1 year. They probably won't do anything, if they do, threaten to cancel and they'll load your plan up.

May I ask how you were offered this? Were you in a store? Did they call you? Did you call them? Was it at a kiosk at an event?
    Thanks for your advise. I'd like to downgrade to EPP after one year as long as they allow me to.

As for your question:
    They called me up and offered me free HTC Touch and EPP+free CID,etc one month ago. I asked for a Diamond at that time and they didn't have it so they asked me to call back. I called back to several person but only one helped.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by esme6
    Hey guys, I had this in the other retention thread but didn't get any replies. I'm still looking for advice if anybody can jump in!

I called L&R this morning asking if I could switch to the student35 plan. He gave me to the "only applicable to new contracts" thing. I told him that I had heard of people already on contract getting it and he just told me that he could not speak on behalf of the reps they dealt with. He said he was willing to look at other features I could add to my existing plan, I said I could go without the unlimited web browsing since I use my wifi 80% of the time. The conversation went from that too "all I can do is give you a $100 credit towards a new smartphone and renew your contract...with that we could add a perk for your convenience".

Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing out of my convo, despite me mentioning that I've been a customer for 8 years and that I would remain a telus customer.

They have all this on file...so do I just call back tomorrow and repeat the whole story? I think I'm aggravated now more than ever. I couldn't believe how unwilling to negotiate anything the guy was.
    Wow you got a really rough rep. Definitely call back in.

Bold will not be out in Oct-Nov, it wont be out for a long while so dont count on it at all. Pick a phone you want and go after it, you should be able to get a $200 discount with a resign of a 3 year (pretty stand). not sure where the $100 comes from 15 - 22 months in as I have seen the $200 discount on accounts 3 or 4 months into a 3 year. Confirm your contact period too as its odd you had different info, but then again the whole convo seemed off.

As for the plan your best to try that again too, I dont know a lot about the student and who has been getting it but try your luck again and play the poor old student .

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Person
    Hi, my brother has been with Telus on our family account for about 4 years now. (Our family has been with Telus since 1998) He originally signed up with a 3 year contract with a simple $30 Talk plan that he barely used. Now it's at year 4, and he's been without a contract for a year. He's in university, so he'll need text messages (about 100 a month would be enough), long distance (he's living outside of Toronto, and he needs to call people outside of London, ON), Voide Mail, and Caller ID. Right now, he's on the EPP 17.30 plan and the promotional 1 year free Caller ID is about to run out. Is there a way to negotiate getting Caller ID, text messages, long distance, and voice mail 3 for a good price (or ideally, free for the contract?) We're willing to sign up for a 3 year contract, and he wants the LG Venus phone. How should we approach this? Thanks.
    I think you first need to decide if EPP 17.30 is good enough for what your looking for. With the LD and text could he better use a My fav national 10?

Depending on the plan you end up choosing and the included features with it getting a couple of extra (CID, VM3) for free doesnt seem out of the question when you are prepared to sign a 3 year. Just dont expect any extra discount on the hardware beyond the standard. Explain yourself and be nice, hopefully you get a good rep.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm new here.
    Been browsing around at some of the plans people have and realizing that mine is rather bad.
    I've been with telus for 5 years now I think.
    I have:
    Match IT FD (MTM) 25 PS
    200(i think) airtime
    unlimited text messaging(just text, not picture, etc)
    and I pay $5 for caller ID.

my bills are roughly $42 dollars a month.

Do you think I should call them up and ask for something better?
    I like that new HTC Diamond and would get that if I could get that unlimited web and IM business for cheap.
    What should I ask them? Can you get anywhere saying you're considering switching to Roger's due to their new incoming text charges? even if it's would only be on principle since I won't(I hope) be effected by it?

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast