Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Retention and Plan Advice: What do you think of... / How do I get...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well, if you're really looking into the Diamond, you will most likely have to pay $45/month + SAF/tax. That being said, you could get a very nice plan, probably with free texting, call ID and maybe some other bonuses on top a regular $30 plan, then $15 for data.

Also some people are showing a new SuperMax plan I think it's called... when more info is available, it sounds pretty nice.

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpabl0
    Interesting deal, what store did you get this deal at?
    I called in to get it. Phone reps tend to have more power in terms of what they can discount/give u for free.

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomkuang
    Hi there

To switch to Telus for a Diamond, they offered me:

1. Max 45 Plan($45/mth): $0 for the 1st yr, $40.5 for the rest 2 years.
    700min,CW, CC, VM3, u/l Night/Eve @8pm
    2. Free CID for 1 year
    3. u/l Web,Email,IM for $15.00
    4. Diamond for $149.99

So I'm going to pay $6.95+0.75+15=22.7 x Tax = $25.42/mth x 12 mths = 305.04 for the first year. For the rest 2 years, I have to pay $40.5 more each month. That's 791.04 for a year.

I'm currently w/ Rogers for which I pay only $20+6.95+0.75=27.7*1.12=$31.02/mth. I'm getting:
    200min, CID, u/l Night & Eve from 8pm, u/l incoming (Which I thing is a big thing and Telus wouldn't offer me)

My questions are:
    1. Is it possible to negotiate w/ Telus after one year to reduce the cost of the plan?
    2. What's the best after one year could I get from them?
    3. Can I get a u/l incoming from Them?

Thomas

I was offered the exact same deal for signing a 3 year contract with ther Diamond. In my opinion it is a great plan. After the year is up you can change your plan to another one of your choice (no point in worrying about that now as in a year a lot of plans will have changed.) As well after a year you can try to call retentions and see what you can wheel and deal.

Unlimited incoming is $10 extra I believe. I don't think it can be thrown in for free on a new customer signing (I tried.)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vijskan
    I was offered the exact same deal for signing a 3 year contract with ther Diamond. In my opinion it is a great plan. After the year is up you can change your plan to another one of your choice (no point in worrying about that now as in a year a lot of plans will have changed.) As well after a year you can try to call retentions and see what you can wheel and deal.

Unlimited incoming is $10 extra I believe. I don't think it can be thrown in for free on a new customer signing (I tried.)
    You jump, I jump!

I tried u/l incoming w/o success. I can't remember if he gave me free Telus to Telus.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by koolin
    Loyalty and Retention Direct Number: 1-877-279-3100
    I called this number today, it asked me to enter my 10 digit number... then after a minute's waiting, it told me it could not handle my request now and to try again later..

What the..???

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Try again? always works for me.
    877 279 3100
    or if you're in toronto
    416 279 3100

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^ Is there a number for Montreal/Quebec? I think last time I called the 1-877... number.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by esme6
    Hey guys, I had this in the other retention thread but didn't get any replies. I'm still looking for advice if anybody can jump in!

Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing out of my convo, despite me mentioning that I've been a customer for 8 years and that I would remain a telus customer.

They have all this on file...so do I just call back tomorrow and repeat the whole story? I think I'm aggravated now more than ever. I couldn't believe how unwilling to negotiate anything the guy was.
    Hey how are you. I got into a heated argument with an LNR rep because he claimed the bonus features I was suppose to be offered for free were too rich and that I had to get charged 10$. Needless to say the next rep I spoke to after hanging up and calling back told me that THEY ALWAYS FOLLOW the last reps notes. Rarely there are exceptions .. If you can be that exception then great! I was an exception because I was dead serious about leaving Telus and switching to Fido, and because I said the last rep treated me like a moron lol. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE REP !! If you feel the rep is not having a good day and hes going to give you nothing but a brick wall just say problem solved and hang up. If you ask him anything and he leaves notes saying he explained to you why you can't have such and such then the next rep will say the same. They say the number one rule for those reps are to follow the last guys notes so becareful on your mission
    This life is the sweetest thing I've ever known

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j_illang
    Hey how are you. I got into a heated argument with an LNR rep because he claimed the bonus features I was suppose to be offered for free were too rich and that I had to get charged 10$. Needless to say the next rep I spoke to after hanging up and calling back told me that THEY ALWAYS FOLLOW the last reps notes. Rarely there are exceptions .. If you can be that exception then great! I was an exception because I was dead serious about leaving Telus and switching to Fido, and because I said the last rep treated me like a moron lol. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE REP !! If you feel the rep is not having a good day and hes going to give you nothing but a brick wall just say problem solved and hang up. If you ask him anything and he leaves notes saying he explained to you why you can't have such and such then the next rep will say the same. They say the number one rule for those reps are to follow the last guys notes so becareful on your mission
    Thanks! That's what I figured. I would sound like an idiot if I just called and played dumb. I'm afraid that if I threaten to cancel my contract and leave I'll get a rep that goes "Sure, go ahead" since I have 15 months left in my contract and they will make money off of me doing so.

I suck at negotiating and being persistent

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by esme6
    Thanks! "Sure, go ahead" since I have 15 months left in my contract and they will make money off of me doing so.

I suck at negotiating and being persistent
    Yeah. Well having 15 months still left means to me that they have a bit more levrage over you than you have over them(that sucks). My contract expired, so I am still running on a month to month basis, therefore I can leave whenever I want and it is up to them to keep me. I was dead serious about going to Fido IF they didn't give me the features i was originally promised, and then one thing led to another and I finally got it.

The rep with whom I got into a heated argument actually did say yeah sure if you want to switch i can help you with that. He simply didn't give 2 ***** about keeping me and just wanted to prove his point to me. Then I was smart enough to just say I am going to do my research, and I will call back.

A good idea for you would be to say something like, I feel like I want to downgrade this plan to something really cheap you know, and then tell them you want to switch to FIDO to get a new contract with the iphone or something else. Then tell them you your reasons to why you want to do it.
    Like fido to fido/ and fido to rogers covers all of your friends and aunts nationwide, don't have to spend so much $$ to get a new phone if you break the old one, etc etc. Tell them you have a private dealer whos willing to give you free caller id or wtv you want aslong as you sign up for 3 years.
    And ask them if they can offer you anything, or make a couple of changes to save you some money in the long run. If they can't just hang up.

Having 15 months left really sucks on your part man lolll. Good luck though !

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I have to say I went with a different method. Threatening them with you leaving doesn't usually work...and i'm sure they hear it 3000 times a day. I went the polite and honest route. Oh, and all this was through the LNR rep.

Firstly, educate yourself on the plans people are getting (as i'm sure you do since you are on this board). Tell them you've done some research online and tell them what some others are being offered. They will likely say something along the lines of, you can't trust the internet. Regardless, tell then what you would like for them to do for you. In my case, I had a supertalk 15 plan (including voicemail) +$10 for unlimited text. Not a bad plan but I was looking for something better, including data. The LNR person told me about the new Diamond Touch. He basically offered me the $30 data plan that anyone can get, like it was a fantastic deal, on top of my existing voice plan. I told him I appreciated what he could do for the data plan but but others are getting better voice plans for $17 that include LD and unlimited text. He said initially he was willing to do the unlimited text for free....i hummed and hawed for a bit......and then he added the LD because I asked him politely. Perfect! I was willing to sign a 3 year contract for a new Diamond, keep my voice plan, free unlimited text and 75min LD, and data for $45. Not a bad deal I thought. I said I would go out any buy the phone in the afternoon. After thinking about it some more, I decided that it wasn't really that great of a deal afterall. I called LNR back with intentions to just let them know I wouldn't be signing a new contract because others are still getting a WAY better value and at this time, it wasn't worth it for me to sign a new contract for $45 a month. The person I spoke with said without hesitation that because I've been a client for 8 years, he was happy to hook me up with the $15 unlimited data. WOW! I didn't even have to ask!

In the end, this is what Telus was able to do for me (and said it was an exception to the norm):

Supertalk15 - 200 anytime min, unlimited evenings and weekends (6-8), call id, waiting, forward, Voicemail3
    Free unlimited text
    75 min Canadian LD
    Unlimited Data, messenger, email

total of $30 a month (one of the cheapest plans i have ever seen on this site, although some get more options than i have)

In the end, they are a business and need to make money. If you are willing to sign a new contract, you have much more leverage. That is how they make their money, by providing a service. if they can lock you into that service for a certain time, they are willing to do more for you!

I have nothing but good things to say about telus!

Device(s)
    LG BL40
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My dad has three lines with Telus 1 for him, 1 for me, 1 for my bro

what we currently have:
    rate plan TELUS to TELUS 20 GB
    added features Airtime Bundle 100, SPARK 10 VM3 - 12mo promo, SPARK 10 VM3 - 12mo promo

this plan is ok basically i think its just talk 20 with telus to telus, bonus minutes, and the old spark 10 for free.

it gives us:
    100 daytime minutes, 100 bonus minutes (i think), and 1000 evenings and weekends at 9
    100 texts
    u/l browsing to the 100 sites

total cost is approx $90/month

what we want:
    EPP 17.30
    Telus to Telus
    u/l browsing to any site (we have to call in monthly to get bill credits because of the flawed billing system for the 100 sites)
    more texts preferably unlimited

my dad wants to keep the cost as close as possible to our original plan
    hardware discounts are irrlevant as my dad just needs a cheap normal phone and he doesnt want to pay the additional monthly fees a data device would require

should this be pretty easy to pull off? any tips or advice?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well, I called that number again later on yesterday, and got through no problem... here is how it went...

I talked with the rep, and explained that I "felt like I was being raped compared to what I see some others are getting for less money". I said I'd been doing some research, and specifically mentioned Howard Forums (which, he said, all the reps read... so it's not like they don't know about us!!).

All in all, I was calm.. I just explained how I'd been a Telus Mobility customer for 12 years now, and I saw that others with less time in (even new subscribers!) were getting much more for much less... and I had the opportunity through some work deals to switch to another company. We went through what kind of phone I currently have (LG Chocolate = Le Garbage phone!!!) and what I was looking for (something simple)...

Then we talked plans... I mentioned that EPP plan, he said it no longer existed which was unfortunate because all the reps liked giving that one to clients. Instead, he had a similar plan which he could discount 20%, so it puts me at $20 a month. That beats my old plan, which after fees and all, was always $50+ a month. Always... it was painful.

I explained my usage of the phone... that I rarely ever text message anyone (in fact, I hate text messages... if I want emails, I'll go home and sit on the computer... I bought a PHONE so you could PHONE ME and talk... wtf? text? no thanks...). I mostly get incoming calls, so I like caller ID and voicemail... he gave me those for free, along with 300 minutes per month.

Anyway... I'll leave the other package details out of this thread (since there's another thread for "look what I got"... which some people fail to understand, but I digress...). The bottom line is...

DON'T BE A ****! on the phone. It's not hard.

These people at L&R are human too.. we got to talking, and he mentioned that some people see the threads and call and want the world for free... not going to happen. Also that some of the "deals" on here are basically impossible to get, unless you're an employee or own a Telus store, you'll never, ever, ever get the package some people "claim" to be getting. So, take it all with a grain of salt..

Feedback Score
    I just talked to LnR right now and had a good/bad experience. Last week I had negotiated a plan for the HTC Diamond, epp17.30 with a bunch of addons + $15 data and it was in my notes/offers.

I was polite and understanding however the CSR would not help me at all. She would not find me another plan when I asked her what else can she find me anything else. I've been with Telus for 9 years and it was starting to look pretty grim, my contract is up in December.

However I was pretty pissed off with her attitude and I decided to call back again and i got a pleasant gentleman who surfs hofo as well. He helped me out however I was still not able to get the EPP plan but i got some $20 dollar plan that was close to it. All in all I was happy atleast he was willing to help me.

its PMS i tell you

Feedback Score
    Good deal?

Free incoming
    200 daytime min (local)
    Free E/W starting @ 6
    unlimited text
    Free Caller ID + VM
    Free Telus to Telus (local)

30/month + SAF + 911

Also offered the 15 dollar unlimited data and email if I get the HTC Diamond (150 on 3yr term)

Edit: Been with Telus for four years.
    Last edited by MOTU1983; 08-19-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast